The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by CD223
Does that mark scheme allow for other answers? It depends on what the MS actually says. "Any sensible answer" is sometimes included.

That said, because it said "in the atmosphere", it makes me think of a particular element/compound in the atmosphere, over physical entities such as clouds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Water (vapour) [or carbon dioxide]
Reply 941
Original post by JaySP
Water (vapour) [or carbon dioxide]

I guess you'll just have to accept that's all it was looking for. From the sounds of it they won't accept anything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 942
But would they accept the answer:

"Water vapour, pollution cloud coverage"

Ie would I get the mark, despite giving wrong answers with it?
Reply 943
Original post by CD223
I'm trying not to rely too heavily on the week between exams :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need to get going this week yeah, but my week of exams after half term are three of my easiest at least
Reply 944
Original post by JaySP
But would they accept the answer:

"Water vapour, pollution cloud coverage"

Ie would I get the mark, despite giving wrong answers with it?

I don't think so, as AQA don't credit students that give multiple answers with most incorrect even if one is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 945
Original post by Lau14
I need to get going this week yeah, but my week of exams after half term are three of my easiest at least

That's good. My exams are mainly in the second week after half term :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 946
Original post by CD223
That's good. My exams are mainly in the second week after half term :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My exams are three a week for three weeks and then M2 all by itself :smile:
Reply 947
Original post by Lau14
My exams are three a week for three weeks and then M2 all by itself :smile:

Ah that's more than me :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 948
Does anyone know when you do and don't you take into account the mass of a particle/atom when considering binding energy? Is it when they're on their own? Ie: 1 electron/neutron/proton?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 949
Original post by CD223
Does anyone know when you do and don't you take into account the mass of a particle/atom when considering binding energy? Is it when they're on their own? Ie: 1 electron/neutron/proton?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so? Seeing as a particle on its own can't have binding energy... definitely need to revise that bit though!
Reply 950
Original post by Lau14
I think so? Seeing as a particle on its own can't have binding energy... definitely need to revise that bit though!

Yeah I just wondered.

In calculations though, like in June 2014 Q1(b), 2 neutrons are produced but you don't consider their mass?

Posted from TSR Mobile
would they ever ask us to derive the kinetic theory equation? Thanks
ps it is mentioned in the spec
Reply 952
Original post by Ilovemaths96
would they ever ask us to derive the kinetic theory equation? Thanks
ps it is mentioned in the spec

Yeah they could do. It's in the revision guide, spec and textbook :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah they could do. It's in the revision guide, spec and textbook :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

was hoping for a different answer haha, thanks, i guess i should learn that now :smile:
Reply 954
was hoping for a different answer haha, thanks, i guess i should learn that now :smile:

Yeah its frustrating. How do you plan on learning it? I'm still not 100% sure on it from memory - all I know is that you have to derive the force as rate of change of momentum, then pressure as force per unit area, then define the rms speed in all three directions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah its frustrating. How do you plan on learning it? I'm still not 100% sure on it from memory - all I know is that you have to derive the force as rate of change of momentum, then pressure as force per unit area, then define the rms speed in all three directions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah something like that haha, just gonna use my class notes and maybe a textbook from library
Reply 956
yeah something like that haha, just gonna use my class notes and maybe a textbook from library

Sounds sensible. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

it might even be this years 6 mark question, they havent done anything on this topic for a while
Reply 958
it might even be this years 6 mark question, they havent done anything on this topic for a while

Good shout. Better revise it. Could be the derivation and assumptions of kinetic theory and ideal gases.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Good shout. Better revise it. Could be the derivation and assumptions of kinetic theory and ideal gases.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, hope it is now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending