The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Antifazian
I think that's the hardest bit, the idea itself and making it original. It can be as simple as an original research method or perspective, though, doesn't need to be groundbreaking.

I'm lucky, both my undergrad and post grad supervisors are incredibly intelligent women, and excellent supervisors.

Yeah, if only I knew of a different research method or perspective to use, seems like most of its been done already.
eek one more exam next week, then this time next week I'll be home and the boy will be back from America :woo: then I get to see him the next day.

That will be my motivation to get through the last exam of 2nd year- genetics :redface:
Original post by snailsareslimy
Well guys, that's me finished university. Not gonna lie, all my assignments which I submitted there are pretty **** (one essay was started this morning for 12pm today, I didn't do a presentation worth 10%, my blog was unfinished (the project was ok tho), and my dissertation was drafted once. Whoops.), but I'm so happy to be done. It was taking a massive toll on my mental health, and I barely got through this semester. Getting that work done was almost ****ing impossible, but honestly, as long as I get a 2:1 overall in my degree (please please please :suith:), I really don't care what I get in those.

I don't think I'll be back to uni for a master's degree, afterall. I think this year was a push for me to stay interested, and with everything that happened, my focus shifted and never properly went back to uni. I just wanna focus on having an awesome year out this year, then finding a stable job for next September. I'll be leaving Northern Ireland in just under two weeks to go backpacking for a month around Europe with my best friend, which I'm excited for (tiny bit sad, gonna miss my boyfriend looooads :colondollar:), and then I'll be back home for the rest of the summer. I hopefully graduate in early July, too :smile:. I'm going to be trying to find a house over the next 2 weeks because I'm moving in with my four fantastic friends next year, too, so hopefully I'll be moving out in September! :awesome:

After that, I plan on just working the job I have now (maybe finding another one, I'll see how tight money is), and trying to go travelling as much as possible. Me and my boyfriend really want to go to Japan and around Scandinavia, so that might be a thing. I wanna buy him flights for Scandinavia/Iceland for his birthday :awesome:.

And yeah, about him, he's pretty ****ing amazing. Never thought I'd meet someone who has helped me as much as he has. He knew what he was taking on, and he's made me feel so good about myself again, genuinely didn't think it would be possible. So madly in love with him, this is all so ****ing surreal.

So yeah, mixed bag of emotions here. I'll still post in this thread even though I'm *technically* not a student anymore. Thanks for having me, guys, it's been an honour to go through three years of uni with you lot. Lets definitely try keep connected over the next few years, I really wanna know where you guys all end up :smile: xxx

Congrats on finishing uni !!! Well done and good luck with all your travelling plans - you will have a blast and you have totally earnt a break after the stress of third year :smile: :smile: :smile:
Got a PhD offer from Cambridge as well. Now not sure where I'm gonna go.

Hahaha this sounds like such a ****ing non-problem or humblebrag or some ****.

On the other hand, all my friends have actually finished university and I have exams in august, damn being ill.

Did get a first for my dissy though, and I wrote half of that when I was ridiculously ill, so all is good there. Supposed to be doing a presentation about it in a week and a bit but tbh they've offered me extra time (doing it in aug when I'm better) which I'm so tempted to take :erm:
(edited 8 years ago)
Been revising consistently since the beginning of easter but everything is still such a last minute rush. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snailsareslimy
Well guys, that's me finished university. Not gonna lie, all my assignments which I submitted there are pretty **** (one essay was started this morning for 12pm today, I didn't do a presentation worth 10%, my blog was unfinished (the project was ok tho), and my dissertation was drafted once. Whoops.), but I'm so happy to be done. It was taking a massive toll on my mental health, and I barely got through this semester. Getting that work done was almost ****ing impossible, but honestly, as long as I get a 2:1 overall in my degree (please please please :suith:), I really don't care what I get in those.

I don't think I'll be back to uni for a master's degree, afterall. I think this year was a push for me to stay interested, and with everything that happened, my focus shifted and never properly went back to uni. I just wanna focus on having an awesome year out this year, then finding a stable job for next September. I'll be leaving Northern Ireland in just under two weeks to go backpacking for a month around Europe with my best friend, which I'm excited for (tiny bit sad, gonna miss my boyfriend looooads :colondollar:), and then I'll be back home for the rest of the summer. I hopefully graduate in early July, too :smile:. I'm going to be trying to find a house over the next 2 weeks because I'm moving in with my four fantastic friends next year, too, so hopefully I'll be moving out in September! :awesome:

After that, I plan on just working the job I have now (maybe finding another one, I'll see how tight money is), and trying to go travelling as much as possible. Me and my boyfriend really want to go to Japan and around Scandinavia, so that might be a thing. I wanna buy him flights for Scandinavia/Iceland for his birthday :awesome:.

And yeah, about him, he's pretty ****ing amazing. Never thought I'd meet someone who has helped me as much as he has. He knew what he was taking on, and he's made me feel so good about myself again, genuinely didn't think it would be possible. So madly in love with him, this is all so ****ing surreal.

So yeah, mixed bag of emotions here. I'll still post in this thread even though I'm *technically* not a student anymore. Thanks for having me, guys, it's been an honour to go through three years of uni with you lot. Lets definitely try keep connected over the next few years, I really wanna know where you guys all end up :smile: xxx

:suith: you've been amazing supporting everyone in this thread, please continue to post in here as you're great motivation! :smile:

Congrats on finishing uni btw! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serentonin

On the other hand, all my friends have actually finished university and I have exams in august, damn being ill.

Did get a first for my dissy though, and I wrote half of that when I was ridiculously ill, so all is good there. Supposed to be doing a presentation about it in a week and a bit but tbh they've offered me extra time (doing it in aug when I'm better) which I'm so tempted to take :erm:

What did you do you your diss?
Also congrats of the PhD offer from Cambridge!
Exams on Wednesday are actually deceiving. They make me think I have much more time than I actually do.
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Exams on Wednesday are actually deceiving. They make me think I have much more time than I actually do.

I know the feeling!

Also I think that's how a majority of my university feel as they're all the Radio 1 Big Weekend on campus :sad:
Original post by Serentonin

Well done on first and Cam offer! What do you need in August exams to get a first now? :h:

I'd do the presentation in August, although I'd be tempted to do it now so I have something to think about (if that makes sense :yep:)

What's the course in Cam? :h:
Pure maths is the bane of my existence!
Have a graduate job assessment centre this week. I've never been to one before and am terrified :frown: also have my last ever exam coming up and struggling to revise for that :frown:
Original post by venuswaltz
Have a graduate job assessment centre this week. I've never been to one before and am terrified :frown: also have my last ever exam coming up and struggling to revise for that :frown:

:hugs: where is it for?
so exhausted, have two exams on wednesday one is 20 credits and the other is 10 credits. done no work for the 10 credit one as the other one is taking up all my time.
so much prep reading to do which i havent started because im struggling to read
160 definitons to learn for Wednesday, just shoot me now please!
Original post by MathsNerd1
160 definitons to learn for Wednesday, just shoot me now please!

:eek:
What's this for?
Original post by rayquaza17
:eek:
What's this for?

My pure maths module :frown:
Original post by MathsNerd1
My pure maths module :frown:

Good luck with it!
160 is way too many!
Original post by rayquaza17
Good luck with it!