The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bunny2014
Thank you and don't worry :smile: your points are really good too

Hows revision going??

Meh it's ok I guess but really hope a Nazi question comes up cause I hate unit 1 and the Kaiser and everything :frown: its so boring! Wbu? x
Original post by tessimoghaddam
Meh it's ok I guess but really hope a Nazi question comes up cause I hate unit 1 and the Kaiser and everything :frown: its so boring! Wbu? x

Yeah same here :frown: I don't like the first section about the Kaiser, its so boring
:bebored:

Im just focusing on the controversies now as they are the 40 mark questions so its important to get that nailed

what do you need to get to get a B in the exam out of 70?
Thank you :smile: x

Which controversy are you going to do? Nazi or WW1??

We only learnt the WW1 controversy so I'm stuck with that but hopefully the sources are ok. I got 30/40 for our mock which was on the question given last year. It's not amazing but I was quite happy because I got the highest in my class and I had been really struggling on it! So hopefully I can do well this year!
Wbu? x
I think it is, I've not even revised that :frown: Im so stuck on the unit 1 stuff

Same! I'm just gonna make some notes and stuff anyway cause so many are saying it could come up!
We only learnt the WW1 controversy so I'm stuck with that but hopefully the sources are ok. I got 30/40 for our mock which was on the question given last year. It's not amazing but I was quite happy because I got the highest in my class and I had been really struggling on it! So hopefully I can do well this year!
Wbu? x

Thats excellent :smile: well done :biggrin: I've not been taught the WW1 part very much so I am going for the Nazi controversies whichever one comes up I will do :smile: x
Same! I'm just gonna make some notes and stuff anyway cause so many are saying it could come up!

Yeah its annoying that it could come up as its so boring and i just don't understand it at all :frown: x
Yeah same here :frown: I don't like the first section about the Kaiser, its so boring
:bebored:

Im just focusing on the controversies now as they are the 40 mark questions so its important to get that nailed

what do you need to get to get a B in the exam out of 70?

Ooh I'm not too sure what I need :frown: I got a B in the source based last year it was on women suffrage in Britain but I completely flopped the Russia and got a U :'( so I got a D overall. I re-sat the Russia paper so hopefully my As grade has levelled out to a C but I really want to at least get a B grade and I got a D in my coursework! It was so hard it was on Spain in 1492-1598 and stuff :'( do you think it's possible I could still get a B? x
Thats excellent :smile: well done :biggrin: I've not been taught the WW1 part very much so I am going for the Nazi controversies whichever one comes up I will do :smile: x

Aww thank you :smile: aww ok well hopefully the Nazi one is easy for you! How have you been finding the part b?
Yeah its annoying that it could come up as its so boring and i just don't understand it at all :frown: x

yeah I'm worried now :frown:
Quick question guys! How important are AS grades in contributing t A2 grades? if that makes any sense! Like are your A2 grades more important in determining which uni you go to? x
Quick question guys! How important are AS grades in contributing t A2 grades? if that makes any sense! Like are your A2 grades more important in determining which uni you go to? x

50/50! Your end grade depends solely on your UMS, and you can get an equal amount of those each year. A* is when A2 comes in, but that's more complicated.

I explained this in detail (well the A* part mainly) in an older post :smile:
Reply 1132
so do people generally agree on the idea that consolidation of Nazi power is coming up or do people have other ideas ? I did not read all the comments but instead skimmed them and I saw consolidation of power being suggested 2/3 times ..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ness7
so do people generally agree on the idea that consolidation of Nazi power is coming up or do people have other ideas ? I did not read all the comments but instead skimmed them and I saw consolidation of power being suggested 2/3 times ..

What we mainly said was that Nazis (either unit) should probably come up, and the other two units are less likely. Although possible.
Reply 1134
Original post by cuppa
What we mainly said was that Nazis (either unit) should probably come up, and the other two units are less likely. Although possible.

''either unit'' ... what do you mean ?
Reply 1135
Thanks :smile: could you possibly show me the spec please? x

This is the specification i just found so what do you mean by not including the night of the long knives in Hitler consolidating power?

I don't have a copy of the spec, but going by the content of the books, "Hitler's consolidation" chapter lasts up until July 1933. I have read this several times. The mock I did also cemented this idea.

Original post by jchap9776
Davies?

Hahahaha. Chapman is that you? I had my suspicions but didn't wanna say anything in case I was wrong! Goodman

Original post by tggfootymad
Having looked at the spec, that could definitely be a question. I highly doubt the 'from above, or below' one, which is just not accessible to everyone or clear. But the above could definitely come up. Has anyone done an essay plan for it, or any pointers to give? We didn't study it in class!

We planned it in class, I can try and recover what I wrote.

Really confused as to what the German revolution is? :frown: is that unit 1?! Ahhh I'm gonna fail :'(

German revolution is technically part of the Second Reich but I suppose some books put it in the early years of Weimar/Impact of War. You won't fail!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ness7
''either unit'' ... what do you mean ?

Nazi rise to power or the ww2 stuff :smile:
Original post by CD223
I don't have a copy of the spec, but going by the content of the books, "Hitler's consolidation" chapter lasts up until July 1933. I have read this several times. The mock I did also cemented this idea.

Hahahaha. Chapman is that you? I had my suspicions but didn't wanna say anything in case I was wrong! Goodman

We planned it in class, I can try and recover what I wrote.

German revolution is technically part of the Second Reich but I suppose some books put it in the early years of Weimar/Impact of War. You won't fail!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank yo, would appreciate that. Definitely a highly possible area about the extent of change due to the revolution.
Reply 1138
Original post by tggfootymad
Thank yo, would appreciate that. Definitely a highly possible area about the extent of change due to the revolution.

Certainly. Here's my plan for the question.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432565599.771876.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Certainly. Here's my plan for the question.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432565599.771876.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think this question could come up - it would be very weird.

Not saying don't revise it! But I think there are more questions that seem perhaps more possible than this - simply because the way I interpreted the specification doesn't suggest that such a question would come up.

I'll revise it briefly... But if this question comes up, I would recommend that everyone does the other one :wink:

Thanks for your post by the way! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending