The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Grade boundary predictions anyone?
Original post by RG110man
Grade boundary predictions anyone?

I'd say about 49/60 for an A* in P2 and 47/60 for an A* in P3. There were a lot more calculations this year so either people found them easy and the boundaries will go up or silly mistakes were made and the boundaries will go down. :smile:

I think I missed out a question on how to correct shortsightedness and apparently you couldn't write speed for the factors affecting the size of the centripetal force cos iit was in the question. Ahhh sad times :frown:
Original post by Cookiemonster057
I'd say about 49/60 for an A* in P2 and 47/60 for an A* in P3. There were a lot more calculations this year so either people found them easy and the boundaries will go up or silly mistakes were made and the boundaries will go down. :smile:

I think I missed out a question on how to correct shortsightedness and apparently you couldn't write speed for the factors affecting the size of the centripetal force cos iit was in the question. Ahhh sad times :frown:

I didn't see a question on correcting shortsightedness? I know there was a question asking you what the defect was called and the answer was shortsightedness. In fact, I don't think they would ask you how to correct it, as the next question asked you to draw a diverging lens diagram which would've given away the answer. I believe speed would be allowed. I think the answers they were looking for were speed and mass.
I didn't see a question on correcting shortsightedness? I know there was a question asking you what the defect was called and the answer was shortsightedness. In fact, I don't think they would ask you how to correct it, as the next question asked you to draw a diverging lens diagram which would've given away the answer. I believe speed would be allowed. I think the answers they were looking for were speed and mass.

Ah phew! I really need to stop browsing through TSR threads! What do you think grade boundaries will be like?
Ah phew! I really need to stop browsing through TSR threads! What do you think grade boundaries will be like?

For P2 I'd say something like 46/47 and for P3 I'd say around 45/46.
For P2 I'd say something like 46/47 and for P3 I'd say around 45/46.

I'll be hoping for your grade boundaries rather than mine! :smile:
I'll be hoping for your grade boundaries rather than mine! :smile:

The paper was easy, however people who aren't as good at maths will have made silly mistakes, such as having to rearrange formulas and stuff like that. As a result I think the GB's will be higher than last year, but only by 3-5 marks.
The paper was easy, however people who aren't as good at maths will have made silly mistakes, such as having to rearrange formulas and stuff like that. As a result I think the GB's will be higher than last year, but only by 3-5 marks.

I really liked the fact that it was largely calculation based although the ones about testing on the bus, the pendulum and the plum pudding model got me. I struggle with the 'experiment type' questions.
(edited 8 years ago)
I really liked the fact that it was largely calculation based although the ones about testing on the bus, the pendulum and the plum pudding model got me. I struggle with the 'experiment type' questions.

The bus testing one wasn't too bad for me, and the pendulum was fine. The plum pudding question were completely unexpected and threw me off though. I think I managed okay though. Hopefully!

Are you confident with P1?
The bus testing one wasn't too bad for me, and the pendulum was fine. The plum pudding question were completely unexpected and threw me off though. I think I managed okay though. Hopefully!

Are you confident with P1?

What did you write for the bus testing and pendulum?

Strangely I find both p2 and p3 easier than p1 probably because the teacher who taught me p1 was really bad and always going off topic! Now that we've seen p2&3 I bet we can expect a lot of calculations so I'll be revising kilowatt hours, specific heat capacity and wave calculations a lot :smile:
Grade boundary predictions:

P2: 46
P3:44

Like if you agree😃
What did you write for the bus testing and pendulum?

Strangely I find both p2 and p3 easier than p1 probably because the teacher who taught me p1 was really bad and always going off topic! Now that we've seen p2&3 I bet we can expect a lot of calculations so I'll be revising kilowatt hours, specific heat capacity and wave calculations a lot :smile:

For the bus testing I put something about in case of extreme conditions such as a road collision or natural disaster such as an earthquake, something along those lines. And what part of the pendulum question do you want to know my answer to?
Original post by Pra99
I bet my house that the 6 marker in p2 will be about stars

Your house is gone then, who you gonna give it to? :smile:
For the bus testing I put something about in case of extreme conditions such as a road collision or natural disaster such as an earthquake, something along those lines. And what part of the pendulum question do you want to know my answer to?

How could she improve her experiment?
How could she improve her experiment?

Did it ask that? I probably just said something about doing repeat readings at each length and then taking an average. I can't even remember the questions now!!
Did it ask that? I probably just said something about doing repeat readings at each length and then taking an average. I can't even remember the questions now!!

Oh ok thanks :smile:
Oh ok thanks :smile:

Have you looked at the unofficial marks scheme? here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3347943&highlight=p3+unofficial+markscheme

oh wow! I saw the p2 one but not this I don't think. Thanks :smile:
Original post by examskillme
Your house is gone then, who you gonna give it to? :smile:

You can all share the cardboard box😜
Original post by Moraz98
The unit for mass is kg so you don't need to convert to grams so 3.6J is correct.

Yes I got it right! Wasn't sure because it's so little energy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest