The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

I had my interview in glasgow on the 14th of may, they told me I'd hear back in june. I assume that's the latest anyone will hear about it
Ok thank you for replying, Mine was on the 13th
I was at the one in Glasgow on the 13th too - the afternoon slot in fact! I haven't heard yet either.
I was in the afternoon slot too!
Reply 424
Original post by charleywarley
Just had my unsuccessful email, sent today at 16:22. The waiting was bloody ridiculous ! Seems to be based on my test scores which for a person who has been out of education for a while does not surprise me.

I am sorry about this. Good luck next year if you apply, or hopefully you can find another opportunity as good as this sooner.

Original post by Robbo-92
Finally I've had my unsuccessful email sent! After knowing that I wasn't going to get to an assessment centre for ages now it's nice to finally have it confirmed! :smile:

I wish all the rest of you the best of luck starting your career (or changing career) with HMRC, hopefully it'll all work out for you :smile: I'll be back next year if I haven't got anything else by then :smile:

Really unfortunate that they didn't sort out the mess they made. I mean it is really not your fault that you didn't receive the email, even though previous emails came through fine. I had the same experience with my confirmation, if not the text message I wouldn't know. They should've made a deadline for when you can book a slot and then call people who haven't booked yet to see if something is wrong. Good luck next year if you are applying, or hopefully you can find another good opportunity like this sooner.

Original post by LisaThur
That was quick! Hope you were successfull. Can't stand the waiting for a yes or no
; )

Yes, thank you. Good luck with your results, there isn't a lot of time left. Most likely will hear back next week. But I know it's even harder knowing you can hear back anyday now xD
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi all

Just a quick word on the recruitment process and letting candidates know who has been successful and unsuccessful. I've been involved in several rapid and large growth campaigns and the method behind the madness is that those who have definitely passed (those guaranteed an offer due to high scores and the number of candidates left to interview can't displace them) are contacted first. The same may also apply to those who have clearly failed. It's normally then the middle bracket who who are left hanging, because until all the candidates have been interviewed we don't know what the cut off mark will be.

Good luck to all those who have been successful.

BTW I've been a civil servant for 7 years. I entered the service as a HEO in the Home Office and I'm currently a SEO on loan to the FCO. Happy to answer any questions you might have about a career in the CS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
At least by that reasoning I might not have completely failed the online tests then.
Original post by Browmer
Hi all

Just a quick word on the recruitment process and letting candidates know who has been successful and unsuccessful. I've been involved in several rapid and large growth campaigns and the method behind the madness is that those who have definitely passed (those guaranteed an offer due to high scores and the number of candidates left to interview can't displace them) are contacted first. The same may also apply to those who have clearly failed. It's normally then the middle bracket who who are left hanging, because until all the candidates have been interviewed we don't know what the cut off mark will be.

BTW I've been a civil servant for 7 years. I entered the service as a HEO in the Home Office and I'm currently a SEO on loan to the FCO. Happy to answer any questions you might have about a career in the CS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would we able to request feedback on our application, even if we have been successful?
Original post by AFellaW
Would we able to request feedback on our application, even if we have been successful?

Unlikely, for two reasons. The first is that providing effective feedback is such a resource intensive process, so we try to limit it to as few as possible. That's just the way it is.

The second reason is why would you want feedback if you're committing to the offer? Unless you're not, of course...think about the message it sends. The CS (as with any other organisation) isn't keen on spending thousands on recruitment only to see the top talent go elsewhere after getting their feedback.

You'll get much better feedback in the job, trust me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 429
Hi Browmer, it's nice to have someone from the CS on here. I'd like to ask you a few questions. What's it like working for the CS? Are there many opportunities to progress to the next level? Is it easy to transfer departments or are you kinda stuck in the one you get placed?
Original post by Browmer
Unlikely, for two reasons. The first is that providing effective feedback is such a resource intensive process, so we try to limit it to as few as possible. That's just the way it is.

The second reason is why would you want feedback if you're committing to the offer? Unless you're not, of course...think about the message it sends. The CS (as with any other organisation) isn't keen on spending thousands on recruitment only to see the top talent go elsewhere after getting their feedback.

You'll get much better feedback in the job, trust me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good points, thank you for the answer.

The reason I asked was because I think Fast Stream applicants get a report on their assessment centre whether they've passed it or not (I think, I'm not too sure on this). And yes like you said I'll be getting better and more relevant feedback in the job.
Reply 431
I received an email this morning asking me to do further psychometric tests. This comes after I attended the assessment centre on April 17th and I was just wondering if anybody else has had to do the same?
Original post by Jy1997
I received an email this morning asking me to do further psychometric tests. This comes after I attended the assessment centre on April 17th and I was just wondering if anybody else has had to do the same?

Hmm first I'm hearing of it, maybe your personality was quite different than the one they were expecting from your situational judgement test? Or do they want to offer you a role but make sure you're not a psychopath first haha
Reply 433
Original post by AFellaW
Hmm first I'm hearing of it, maybe your personality was quite different than the one they were expecting from your situational judgement test? Or do they want to offer you a role but make sure you're not a psychopath first haha

It seems a bit weird. I suppose I should consider it to be a good thing though, I'd imagine they wouldn't make me do them if they weren't the slightest bit interested in me as a candidate. Haha you never know!
Just to add another voice to this, I had my assessment centre in London on 13th April. I received a text saying I had been successful on 7th May - it told me to check my emails but there was nothing there, luckily the emails appeared on my account. If I had not received this text I would not have known to check.

Like others have stated it said I would hear back about more specific details at the end of May. I have yet to hear anything, but I'm now checking my online account daily for any messages as the last email never came through.
Original post by rosschaps
Just to add another voice to this, I had my assessment centre in London on 13th April. I received a text saying I had been successful on 7th May - it told me to check my emails but there was nothing there, luckily the emails appeared on my account. If I had not received this text I would not have known to check.

Like others have stated it said I would hear back about more specific details at the end of May. I have yet to hear anything, but I'm now checking my online account daily for any messages as the last email never came through.

See I heard back on the 20th and I got both the email and the text sent to me, so I'm assuming whatever problem they had it's been sorted.
Reply 436
Original post by Jy1997

ive also just received this today. where and when did you carry out your assessment.

ive took this as good news aswell as if they weren't interested they wouldn't ask you to do it
Reply 437
Original post by deebow
ive also just received this today. where and when did you carry out your assessment.

ive took this as good news aswell as if they weren't interested they wouldn't ask you to do it

17th April in Birmingham. What about you?
Original post by Browmer
Hi all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to enlighten us about the CS.

I would like to ask you the question put to you by Jid12.

Hi Browmer, it's nice to have someone from the CS on here. I'd like to ask you a few questions. What's it like working for the CS? Are there many opportunities to progress to the next level? Is it easy to transfer departments or are you kinda stuck in the one you get placed?
Reply 439
Hi everyone, I've just been asked to do an assessment for mindmill has anyone else been asked? Is this a good thing? X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending