The Student Room Group

Worcester PGCE Primary 2015-16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Do you know in advance what the group/written tasks will be? Can't wait to get my info pack so I'll have a better idea of what to expect - hoping it will come tomorrow.
Hope it goes really well for you - have you got a long journey tomorrow or are you fairly local?
Reply 41
Hennaa123 - how did it go today? Hope it went really well.
I got my interview pack through the post today - lots to prepare! I think I know what to do for the presentation task but I need to do some detailed research for the written task and the group discussion.
Original post by Evie74
Hennaa123 - how did it go today? Hope it went really well.
I got my interview pack through the post today - lots to prepare! I think I know what to do for the presentation task but I need to do some detailed research for the written task and the group discussion.

Hi the interview went well, there were only few of us. the people were really nice and helpful. do not stress!!
Reply 43
Original post by Hennaa123
Hi the interview went well, there were only few of us. the people were really nice and helpful. do not stress!!

Glad it went well for you - I am stressing a bit! Did they say how long it would be before they make a decision?
Original post by Evie74
Glad it went well for you - I am stressing a bit! Did they say how long it would be before they make a decision?

They said up to a week, so fingers crossed. :smile:

Don't worry about, you will be fine and the people are nice.
Reply 45
They said up to a week, so fingers crossed. :smile:

Don't worry about, you will be fine and the people are nice.

That's good to know, thank you. What was the group discussion like?
Original post by Evie74
That's good to know, thank you. What was the group discussion like?

since there were less people my group discussion only had one other person. so was more like a pair discussion.
Reply 47
I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse! I'm getting nervous already.

I've booked my skills tests for tomorrow so maybe I'll feel better once they're out of the way (as long as I pass, anyway!).
Original post by Evie74
I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse! I'm getting nervous already.

I've booked my skills tests for tomorrow so maybe I'll feel better once they're out of the way (as long as I pass, anyway!).

tell me how it goes!

I have not passed yet. good luck for tomorrow !
Reply 49
tell me how it goes!

I have not passed yet. good luck for tomorrow !

Hoping it'll be ok - it's been a loooong time since I took my GCSEs though. I've got to get through a day at work beforehand too! What will be, will be...
Reply 50
Btw what subject are you hoping to do for your PSS? I'm leaning towards English.
Original post by Evie74
Btw what subject are you hoping to do for your PSS? I'm leaning towards English.

Oh yeah we had to fill in the sheet regarding PSS, they gave us a range of subjects but I chose Advanced Early Years, since my degree links with it.
Reply 52
Oh yeah we had to fill in the sheet regarding PSS, they gave us a range of subjects but I chose Advanced Early Years, since my degree links with it.

Ah, that's handy! My degree doesn't really link with any of them - I'm changing career and going back to uni as a mature student (hopefully!) but English or MFL are most appealing. Did they talk about your PSS choice at the interview? I've been trying to think of a topic for the essay but I'm struggling a bit.
Original post by Evie74
Ah, that's handy! My degree doesn't really link with any of them - I'm changing career and going back to uni as a mature student (hopefully!) but English or MFL are most appealing. Did they talk about your PSS choice at the interview? I've been trying to think of a topic for the essay but I'm struggling a bit.

No all they did was ask for the form, that is it. Don't stress about it. They did not ask questions on it
Reply 54
No all they did was ask for the form, that is it. Don't stress about it. They did not ask questions on it

Phew! That's a relief, thank you! 😊
Original post by Evie74
Phew! That's a relief, thank you! 😊

that's okay! honestly don't worry about the interview too much
Hey can anybody help? ive got an interview at Worcester for a primary PGCE next week. They have asked me to do a short presentation, bringing in photos and evidence of children's work. I was just wondering if anybody else has already done this and if so, how did people present their activity? Thanks
Reply 57
Hi Kuffuzzle - I've got an interview next week too - is yours on Wednesday?

Evie
Reply 58
Hi everyone
I'm trying to prepare for my interview next week for Primary PGCE at Worcester. For those of you that have already attended, did they ask many questions about current educational issues?
Thank you in advance 😊
yeah mine is Wednesday too! I'm so nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending