The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ancelotti would be 57 when he takes charge of his next club, I don't see it being a long-term appointment at all
Reply 961
Such a disgcusting club Real madrid
Original post by sr90
Imagine what would have happened if Liverpool won it last year, I might genuinely have had to live under a rock for a year.

Speaking seriously now with no bias, do you ever think you'll see Liverpool win a title?
Original post by shawn_o1
Ancelotti would be 57 when he takes charge of his next club, I don't see it being a long-term appointment at all

No reason he can't manage into his mid-60s, to be fair. Pellegrini, Ferguson - heck, even Hodgson and Redknapp - have managed it.

The only thing I'd say is whether his motivation remains. He has a glut of trophies - has managed the best teams in Ligue I, Serie A and La Liga respectively - so the only thing left for him is to probably topple Mourinho's empire in the PL.
so whatever happened to that Draxler kid?

bundesliga watchers @jam277 (?) give a comparison: sterling vs draxler.

----

sanogo needs to go on loan to somewhere like West Brom

----

campbell and podolski probably packing their bags

----

can see Wengs putting faith in Ospina, and Coquelin, and Welbeck. which means we may only be in for an attacking midfielder in the summer :lol:
Original post by Lúcio
Speaking seriously now with no bias, do you ever think you'll see Liverpool win a title?

Short term? No. Long term? Almost certainly, too big a club not to.

We went 26 years without a title and Arsenal won 1 in 36 years.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Short term? No. Long term? Almost certainly, too big a club not to.

We went 26 years without a title and Arsenal won 1 in 36 years.

i want to agree with you, i just constantly question whether we ever will :/

like you said, we're too big of a club not to do it eventually.
i'd just rather not be an old man when it happens.

just tough seeing all our rivals succeed in their own way around us.
the game is more competitive than ever and it's sad when we aren't a real part of that.
Luke is like that moody emotional teenager who unfriends you on Facebook every 10 minutes when you don't like his post.
Original post by Lúcio
i want to agree with you, i just constantly question whether we ever will :/

like you said, we're too big of a club not to do it eventually.
i'd just rather not be an old man when it happens.

just tough seeing all our rivals succeed in their own way around us.
the game is more competitive than ever and it's sad when we aren't a real part of that.

oh man this post just reminded me I still haven't seen the curious case of Benjamin Button
Original post by Depleted
Luke is like that moody emotional teenager who unfriends you on Facebook every 10 minutes when you don't like his post.

can confirm this to be true

Original post by swirly
oh man this post just reminded me I still haven't seen the curious case of Benjamin Button

oh swirls, you so random :rolleyes:
Reply 970
Ancelotti is your best bet at a CL title.
Original post by Dexa

Would prefer Simeone over Ancelotti anyday.
Original post by Dexa

His league record isn't very good though. Only one Scudetto with GOAT Juve & Milan sides plus 1 PL with Chelsea

(PSG doesn't count as it's a 1 team league)
Ancelotti's league record is wack, but he could get you consistently winning domestic cups and actually put up half a challenge in the Champions League.. I'd actually love him to manage England and see no reason why we shouldn't go for him after Woy inevitably fails at the Euros. Guarentee he would get the absolute most out of our players, heck even Van Gaal made Smalling look world class against you.
Original post by Peggles_*
You've won the title but all you want to do is goad Arsenal fans about a player who left years ago?

What a strange person you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The guy has a thinly veiled dig at another clubs trophy parade on another teams thread, meanwhile some melt who hasn't been on the forum for months actually posts when I reply and yet I'm the strange person?

Guess i'll just leave this here then
290ECD3B00000578-0-image-a-41_1432559588499.jpg
Original post by Lúcio

Yeah, Liverpool have a knack of pulling out WC strikers every few years, and if that coincides with a half-decent defence and a good midfield, then you could win the title. You already have the potential for future brilliance in midfield, and your overall young squad could click in the next few years, so all you'd need is a WC striker up front.
Original post by The Shed End
The guy has a thinly veiled dig at another clubs trophy parade on another teams thread, meanwhile some melt who hasn't been on the forum for months actually posts when I reply and yet I'm the strange person?

Guess i'll just leave this here then
290ECD3B00000578-0-image-a-41_1432559588499.jpg

Filipe Luis looks so much like Luka Modric ngl
Original post by Arkasia
Yeah, Liverpool have a knack of pulling out WC strikers every few years, and if that coincides with a half-decent defence and a good midfield, then you could win the title. You already have the potential for future brilliance in midfield, and your overall young squad could click in the next few years, so all you'd need is a WC striker up front.

actually you have a point there - torres and suarez (perhaps even sturridge) on their day have once shown to be world class.
problem is that we need to keep them in order to get the title.
i know we were very close last season, but we were lucky that chelsea had a bad year.
i don't see us randomly winning the league out of nowhere like we almost did last year - if we're to develop a WC player or two, we need to be able to hold them for at least 1 year after they explode in form (like suarez did last season).

we have some great future talents; some players that under the right conditions could be among the best in the league (sturridge, sterling, coutinho and sakho being the main ones here).
however we need a manager who is more experienced and more respected than rodgers.
we need a manager who isn't naive and predictable, and importantly he needs to actually be able to beat our main rivals.
Reply 978
Original post by Arkasia

They potentially already have that in Sturridge
Original post by difeo
They potentially already have that in Sturridge

Too injury prone, if he could make it through a full season, perhaps, but even then they would need a 20-goal-a-season striker as backup.

Latest