The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Someone can get 100ums in all papers and average 100 aswell.........

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well. *thinking of a reply..* um, I'm just considering all the chances, gosh you realists. :|
Original post by naxiv
Tbh, if you found it hard or somewhat, you werent prepared enough. I was averging 100ums on PPs, but only managed to get As in C1, C2.

I don't know how I could be more prepared, seeing as I said I've been getting full marks or very close to full marks in all my papers this year. The only problem with me is that I stress in exams, so the only way I could be "prepared enough" is by doing more real exams, which only comes once a year. I found one question dodgy on this paper (mainly down to panicking as I see any marks dropped now were silly mistakes), but I did the others okay; when I say the paper was hard, I just think it was objectively harder than they usually are. It's the same with my sciences: I knew the answers, but I still think the questions were harder.

And anyway, you can't give 100% of the blame to the student if they were to have not prepared enough, because if so, everyone who tries their hardest would get full marks, but that isn't the case. Some responsibility must be given to the paper if it applies, or just to the situation on the day.

I'm sorry for ranting, but I've worked like crazy for these exams and I'm not going to be told that I haven't tried hard enough.

Original post by Normal.Person
LOL, I apologise, maybe 'tis just me then. IDK, just like you found last year's easy and this on hard; I found this year's alright and last year's harder - 'tis all based on opinion (oh and I'm not a private school kid - I think I'm kinda sounding like one :P)

Definitely, I agree! I'm not sure what the reception was like before last year, but it does seem as if there are more complaints recently (this year and last) though; my teacher thinks they're gradually getting harder. Not sure what stats is going to be like: the questions generally seem to be quite consistent! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3622
Original post by Lainathiel
I don't know how I could be more prepared, seeing as I said I've been getting full marks or very close to full marks in all my papers this year. The only problem with me is that I stress in exams, so the only way I could be "prepared enough" is by doing more real exams, which only comes once a year. I found one question dodgy on this paper (mainly down to panicking as I see any marks dropped now were silly mistakes), but I did the others okay; when I say the paper was hard, I just think it was objectively harder than they usually are. It's the same with my sciences: I knew the answers, but I still think the questions were harder.

And anyway, you can't give 100% of the blame to the student if they were to have not prepared enough, because if so, everyone who tries their hardest would get full marks, but that isn't the case. Some responsibility must be given to the paper if it applies, or just to the situation on the day.

I'm sorry for ranting, but I've worked like crazy for these exams and I'm not going to be told that I haven't tried hard enough.

Definitely, I agree! I'm not sure what the reception was like before last year, but it does seem as if there are more complaints recently (this year and last) though; my teacher thinks they're gradually getting harder. Not sure what stats is going to be like: the questions generally seem to be quite consistent! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i was getting in the 60s for most of the c2 papers i did & i felt more than ready for it, but i ended up getting 45/75:frown: I have a feeling they wil find a way of making the s1 paper harder than usual, c1 & c2 were both harder than before, in my opinion, s1 will probs be the same
Original post by Lainathiel

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get in C1&2 roughly?
Hi guys

if i got 71/75 in C1 and 55/75 in C2 would it still be possible to get an A overall? if so, hoe many marks would i need in my next exam. (im doing desicion 1)

thanks in advance :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
Okay! I'll take the years pay in cash or cheque please!:smile:

Can I just ask though... Why does it make a difference???

Because I've done well at C1/C2 .. but i have a feeling stats will ruin it ... so I don't want the overall to reflect my capabilities because of *** probability.
Original post by ImNervous
Hi guys

if i got 71/75 in C1 and 55/75 in C2 would it still be possible to get an A overall? if so, hoe many marks would i need in my next exam. (im doing desicion 1)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get 75/75, will mean that youll get
100 + 95 + 70 > 240
Original post by ImNervous
Hi guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would need approximatly over 54 marks to get an A because of the boost from your C1 ... That's 71 UMS.
...but ovcourse try to aim as high as you can. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheMathsMan
Because I've done well at C1/C2 .. but i have a feeling stats will ruin it ... so I don't want the overall to reflect my capabilities because of *** probability.

Ah Im the other way round! I think i'll do alright with stats but core 2 went horribly.
Original post by Comp1 help
100 + 95 + 70 > 240

Thank you soo much

Posted from TSR Mobile
You would need approximatly over 54 marks to get an A because of the boost from your C1 ... That's 71 UMS.
...but ovcourse try to aim as high as you can. :smile:

Thanks a tonne!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
Ah Im the other way round! I think i'll do alright with stats but core 2 went horribly.

All the substitution crap ... no problem ... the only parts I can't stand are ... probability, partially normal distribution .. but I'm getting the hang of it .. and making mistakes on the figures that I put into formulas or enter into a calculator ... Argghhhhh So frustrating but good luck :smile:
The word probability itself makes me grind my teeth >:frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
So lads .. for the logs question ... would they allow if you divided 11y-3 and 3^2 first then simplify that and divide by y^2 then do the usual to get a quadratic .. sub into the quad formula and get the same answers of 1/3 and 3/2 ....Different method but same answers.
How many marks would I get ... ? ... Surely they accept more than one method ?? do they ? :frown: plz? :frown:
Reply 3633
Original post by Comp1 help
100 + 95 + 70 > 240

Hi do u think it is possible for me to get an A with 65/75 in c1 45/75 in c2, and 65+ in s1(what im aimng for)? thanks:smile:
Original post by boyyo
Hi do u think it is possible for me to get an A with 65/75 in c1 45/75 in c2, and 65+ in s1(what im aimng for)? thanks:smile:

going by last year's boundaries, you would have 82 ums for c1, 58 ums for c2, therefore you would need 100 ums minimum in s1 just to scrape an A (literally on the boundary of 240/300). so you need full marks in s1 to get an A according to last year's boundaries
So lads .. for the logs question ... would they allow if you divided 11y-3 and 3^2 first then simplify that and divide by y^2 then do the usual to get a quadratic .. sub into the quad formula and get the same answers of 1/3 and 3/2 ....Different method but same answers.
How many marks would I get ... ? ... Surely they accept more than one method ?? do they ? :frown: plz? :frown:

i'm sure they will have an alternative methods page for each question, whether your way will be in their, I'm not sure but if your maths is logical and you obviously got the right answers there should be no reason why you wouldn't get full marks. the only cases where they don't award marks even if the answer is correct, is when the working is incorrect/non - logical/examiner is a dumb ****
Reply 3636
Original post by domcandrews
going by last year's boundaries, you would have 82 ums for c1, 58 ums for c2, therefore you would need 100 ums minimum in s1 just to scrape an A (literally on the boundary of 240/300). so you need full marks in s1 to get an A according to last year's boundaries

jheez thats gonna be hard, thanks:smile: do u thinki the grade boundaries will likely go up or down for this year, i have a feeling itll go down by 2 or 3 marks genrally speaking
Original post by boyyo
jheez thats gonna be hard, thanks:smile: do u thinki the grade boundaries will likely go up or down for this year, i have a feeling itll go down by 2 or 3 marks genrally speaking

I honestly couldn't say mate! it's quite hard to tell, I resat this paper and I personally found it a lot easier than last year. A lot of people tend to exaggerate when they don't have the same answers to the 5 mark question for example as their friends, but they forget that the method will get them 4 even if they're answer is not correct! Like when i came out of last year's C2 exam, I honestly thought i'd got about 30/75, i was worrying a lot. In the end i got 57/75 because of method marks!! In general, C1 will be the same grade boundary if not slightly higher i think, C2 i think will be 61/62, but please don't go by this. All i can say is you can't lose a single mark in S1, but even getting full marks in S1 still might not get you the A in your situation, but you never know you may have done better in C1 and C2 than you thought! good luck for S1
Reply 3638
I honestly couldn't say mate! it's quite hard to tell, I resat this paper and I personally found it a lot easier than last year. A lot of people tend to exaggerate when they don't have the same answers to the 5 mark question for example as their friends, but they forget that the method will get them 4 even if they're answer is not correct! Like when i came out of last year's C2 exam, I honestly thought i'd got about 30/75, i was worrying a lot. In the end i got 57/75 because of method marks!! In general, C1 will be the same grade boundary if not slightly higher i think, C2 i think will be 61/62, but please don't go by this. All i can say is you can't lose a single mark in S1, but even getting full marks in S1 still might not get you the A in your situation, but you never know you may have done better in C1 and C2 than you thought! good luck for S1

yhhh i agree, ill probs be retaking c2 too maybe, thanks for the help bro:smile:

After reading that good sir .... You have motivated me. Thank you for having the most accurate and clear comment in the entire section.

ANYONE READING THIS NEEDS TO TAKE NOTES FROM THIS AMAZING PERSON!! :smile: Good Luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending