The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bunny2014
Your very welcome :biggrin: and yeah i hope so too :frown: Part B is okay, i just need more help on the source analysis part as its the weightier part 24 marks x

Aww I'm sure you'll be fine! I've never really been good at sources but for some reason I got a B last year and flopped the essay part :frown: this year at the beginning I found it hard but it's getting a bit easier! How do you structure your part b answers?
I am so worried because there's too much to learn
Original post by tessimoghaddam
Aww I'm sure you'll be fine! I've never really been good at sources but for some reason I got a B last year and flopped the essay part :frown: this year at the beginning I found it hard but it's getting a bit easier! How do you structure your part b answers?

Aww I hope so :frown: fingers crossed! and thats a good thing though, the fact that your finding it easier :smile:

I structure my part b sections:

Agree paragraph
with own knowledge

Disagree paragraph
with own knowledge

Making sure I cross reference and integrate if possible all 3 sources x
Original post by CD223
Here's what I have for the second reich:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432588264.393760.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:

Do you have this for every section?? x
Reply 1184
Thank you :smile:

Do you have this for every section?? x

I do, although all it does is follow each page in the revision guide and chapter in the textbook? It's not got anything that those books don't. Don't worry! If you just read those, you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I do, although all it does is follow each page in the revision guide and chapter in the textbook? It's not got anything that those books don't. Don't worry! If you just read those, you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, do you mean the different topic titles for each section in the red book?

Thanks anyway :smile: Im so nervous! i can't write essays with loads of figures ect in which is quite worrying being this close to the exams :frown:
Reply 1186
Hey, do you mean the different topic titles for each section in the red book?

Thanks anyway :smile: Im so nervous! i can't write essays with loads of figures ect in which is quite worrying being this close to the exams :frown:

Don't worry! That's the worst thing you can do. Just read through the book and keep making notes. It will stick, just give it time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww I hope so :frown: fingers crossed! and thats a good thing though, the fact that your finding it easier :smile:

I structure my part b sections:

Agree paragraph
with own knowledge

Disagree paragraph
with own knowledge

Making sure I cross reference and integrate if possible all 3 sources x

Yes you will! :smile: yeah I just hope i'll be ok in the exam!
That's a good structure :smile: I first look and see which sources agree/disagree then I highlight the key points in them and link which sources have the same or similar points or if they disagree and then I cross reference . Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing! I do source 1, source 2 and source 3 but I don't use the same point I try to find something different that it says. Sorry this is really confusing! I'll take a picture and try and upload it!
Hi guys where does everyone get their notes from? I'm using the notes my teacher puts up on moodle not the textbook? Is that bad?
Do you think they will put two questions on Life in Wartime Germany 1939-45 as Section A? I don't know if they can do that, but I'm sure it may be possible. Struggling with that part of the course as I was ill for most of it! So really if it's certainly not possible I will revise mainly the others.
Reply 1190
Original post by porridgeandrhi
Do you think they will put two questions on Life in Wartime Germany 1939-45 as Section A? I don't know if they can do that, but I'm sure it may be possible. Struggling with that part of the course as I was ill for most of it! So really if it's certainly not possible I will revise mainly the others.

It's certainly possible, although unlikely. Don't hedge your bets though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok yall I'm gonna be FINALLY doing some revision. I've covered the rise to power unit and halfway through WW2.

I feel like I need an actual checklist for the more likely topics for Weimar and 2nd Reich. (Not all topics, but the ones that would be more likely to come up and I should spend more time on. I'll be revising everything though just need myself some guidelines)

So,
-revolution
-Weimar 1919-24 (the political stuff)
-perhaps golden years?

That's all I can really think of?
Original post by cuppa
Ok yall I'm gonna be FINALLY doing some revision. I've covered the rise to power unit and halfway through WW2.

I feel like I need an actual checklist for the more likely topics for Weimar and 2nd Reich. (Not all topics, but the ones that would be more likely to come up and I should spend more time on. I'll be revising everything though just need myself some guidelines)

So,
-revolution
-Weimar 1919-24 (the political stuff)
-perhaps golden years?

That's all I can really think of?

I hear Final Solution & the Holocaust is likely too. So it's best to add that to your checklist too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing the United States, 1917-54, bust and recovery section in the exam. Does anyone know any relevant forums or direct me in the right way? Can't seem to find any
Reply 1194
Original post by Megan Manley
I'm doing the United States, 1917-54, bust and recovery section in the exam. Does anyone know any relevant forums or direct me in the right way? Can't seem to find any

Loads of people have been asking for this - it seems no one has set one up! Feel free to create your own and I'm sure people will reply very quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg I'm struggling with the final solution causes. I have three main paragraphs: Hitler (and antisemitism being a core belief), cumulative radicalisation/chaotic state and then effects of war

It seems like I don't have enough to say and when I think of a point I don't seem to be able to decide which paragraph it would best go in. Eg failure of Madagascar plan -- would that be war or chaotic state? Neither?
Reply 1196
Original post by cuppa
Omg I'm struggling with the final solution causes. I have three main paragraphs: Hitler (and antisemitism being a core belief), cumulative radicalisation/chaotic state and then effects of war

It seems like I don't have enough to say and when I think of a point I don't seem to be able to decide which paragraph it would best go in. Eg failure of Madagascar plan -- would that be war or chaotic state? Neither?

The Madagascar plan fails due to the war I would say. It relies on the defeat of Britain as it is a British mandate, and also due to the escalation in numbers of Jews under the Reich's control, there is no feasible way to resettle such a large number of people in a tiny area like Madagascar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
The Madagascar plan fails due to the war I would say. It relies on the defeat of Britain as it is a British mandate, and also due to the escalation in numbers of Jews under the Reich's control, there is no feasible way to resettle such a large number of people in a tiny area like Madagascar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good point. Thanks
Reply 1198
Original post by cuppa
That's a good point. Thanks

No problem:smile: hope revision is going well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchap9776
Yep I'm in the same situation with econ and maths haha 😕 yeah m2 is hit and miss. Thing that puts me off history revision is the fact that if its consolidation of power, the exam will be so straightforward

Knowing Edexcel, if everyone is banking on consolidation of power, then they won't make it that predictable and obvious!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending