The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

:frown: Thought I was getting a 24 hour ECG to try and find out what's wrong with me, but instead they gave me one where you have to press a button when you think something's wrong. It records for fifteen seconds at a time, and you can only do it five times. I don't even know when my heart's racing half the time, so how am I meant to get a proper recording? Just seems so pointless, started crying on the way home cos I thought there was a chance with the 24 hour one, but this one's just a joke - even the nurse fitting me with it said I should be using the other one.
Original post by superwolf
:frown: Thought I was getting a 24 hour ECG to try and find out what's wrong with me, but instead they gave me one where you have to press a button when you think something's wrong. It records for fifteen seconds at a time, and you can only do it five times. I don't even know when my heart's racing half the time, so how am I meant to get a proper recording? Just seems so pointless, started crying on the way home cos I thought there was a chance with the 24 hour one, but this one's just a joke - even the nurse fitting me with it said I should be using the other one.

): no good. But maybe you can catch yourself when your hearts acting weird? If this doesn't work, you should probably try to ask for the 24hr one if you can; they should be able to understand the problem with this method in your case. Especially if you only get short intervals of heart weirdness.
Original post by cuppa
): no good. But maybe you can catch yourself when your hearts acting weird? If this doesn't work, you should probably try to ask for the 24hr one if you can; they should be able to understand the problem with this method in your case. Especially if you only get short intervals of heart weirdness.

Yeah, I know there's a chance that it'll pick something up, but it still feels like such a waste of time. :frown: I'm so sick of being ill, and I'd been hoping the ECG would show something so it just feels like a kick in the teeth that they gave me this thing instead.
Met my new care co-ordinator. She seems nice, but I only see her once a fortnight. I was used to 1/2 times a week with EIS.

Apparently CMHT is a step down :/
Yeah, I know there's a chance that it'll pick something up, but it still feels like such a waste of time. :frown: I'm so sick of being ill, and I'd been hoping the ECG would show something so it just feels like a kick in the teeth that they gave me this thing instead.

I had this too. My impression was that it was a 24 hour ECG AND you could use the marker when you felt something.
Not feeling great at the moment feeling really bored and fed up there's nothing much to and I am sitting town trying to think of things to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Noodlzzz, the quote thing isn't working properly for me sometimes so can't quote you but I was told that CMHT is less resourced/staffed than EIS. Maybe it's a thing across the board rather than within my specific hospital only? Big hugs :jumphug:

And hugs to everyone else struggling! :grouphugs:
Original post by Noodlzzz
I had this too. My impression was that it was a 24 hour ECG AND you could use the marker when you felt something.

Nah, this one only records when you press the button.

Sorry you're getting less support now, hope you'll still be ok. :hugs:
Nah, this one only records when you press the button.

Sorry you're getting less support now, hope you'll still be ok. :hugs:

ah ok.

Hope so too :frown:
Having a better day today...
:woo: the essays I wanted came up in my exam and I finished comfortably with half an hour to spare!

Still feel **** though.
hurting :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
Original post by Twenty15girl
Not feeling great at the moment feeling really bored and fed up there's nothing much to and I am sitting town trying to think of things to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know exactly how you feel. Being bored is my life at the moment. :hugs:
I'm feeling so horrible today. Boyfriend left our uni town for good today, so we're going to be long distance for a couple of years now and I got my essay feedback earlier and got 40%. First marker actually wanted to give me only 30%, but my teacher persuaded him to pass me. I honestly don't know why I'm still at uni any more :frown:
Original post by Noodlzzz
ah ok.

Hope so too :frown:

How's the job application going? :smile:

Original post by Midnightmemories
Having a better day today...

Glad to hear it. :hugs:

Original post by CescaD96
:woo: the essays I wanted came up in my exam and I finished comfortably with half an hour to spare!

Still feel **** though.

Well done! :biggrin:

Try and give yourself a break, maybe reward yourself with something nice?

Original post by ScaryScience
hurting :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

:hugs: You want to talk about it?

Thank you. :smile: I'm on my way home to have a billion (not really) cups of tea and read a book. No studying tonight!
Day of my GP appointment, as if i wasn't stressed enough my mum's threatened to kill me (twice) in the three months i have left till i go to uni... over some unwashed dishes. Taken my phone so i can't contact the friend i was going to take for support. Stressed, don't know what to say to the GP, scared it's going to be a waste of time to be honest. I think i might end up missing it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Crystalz
Day of my GP appointment, as if i wasn't stressed enough my mum's threatened to kill me (twice) in the three months i have left till i go to uni... over some unwashed dishes.
Taken my phone so i can't contact the friend i was going to take for support. Stressed, don't know what to say to the GP, scared it's going to be a waste of time to be honest. I think i might end up missing it.
My dads pretty bad and to be honest it won't be a waste of time going to your GP even if just for a chat. If they know your mum they're only going to have sympathy for you.

Spoiler

Hope you're okay :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
How's the job application going? :smile:

Glad to hear it. :hugs:

:hugs: You want to talk about it?

Interview tomorrow!

Latest