The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA History B paper 1 (Monday 1st June 2015)

How much do we need to know about the Balkan League and the Balkan Wars? Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone have any general predictions for this paper?
If you need anything else I'll be glad to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing units 2, 3 and 4. What units are you guys doing?
Original post by gbox
Does anyone have any general predictions for this paper?

If you're doing unit 4 (early cold war), I'd say the Hungarian uprising might be a big one as it only came into our specification this year.
I'm doing the origins of WW1, peacemaking and the league of nations, and hitlers foreign policy and the lead up to WW2
Original post by KittyMcQueen22
I'm doing the origins of WW1, peacemaking and the league of nations, and hitlers foreign policy and the lead up to WW2

I'm doing:

Peacemaking, HItler and Early cold war. What do you think will come up for peacemaking and hitler?
My Hitler's Preidctions:

4 Mark- How did he achieve his aims/ Czechoslovakia related
6 Mark- A source about appeasement or Rhineland
10 Mark- What was the greatest breach of The TOV and gives you 2 events

THIS IS A PREDICTION I JUST CAME UP WITH RIGHT NOW
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
My Hitler's Preidctions:

4 Mark- How did he achieve his aims/ Czechoslovakia related
6 Mark- A source about appeasement or Rhineland
10 Mark- What was the greatest breach of The TOV and gives you 2 events

THIS IS A PREDICTION I JUST CAME UP WITH RIGHT NOW

interesting prediction for the ten marker - I had never thought about that. I would've thought 'which made the outbreak of ww2 more likely?' would come up as a 10 marker.
How are you all revising?
How are you all revising?

I just read through the text book and the revision guide. Going to start memorising the dates and facts this weekend. How about you?
Reply 12
The Hungarian uprising is most likely to come up for early Cold War

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone are doing following:
Peacemaking 1918-19 and League Of Nations.
Hitlers Foreign Policy and Origins of the Second World War
Cold War 1945-1960

Can anyone predict what the questions will be on on the following topics mentioned above?
Thank you.
I don't think there's much point trying to predict questions for history because they can word old questions in so many different ways. Just read the question carefully and answer it properly - if it tells you to describe, then describe don't explain!! And the other way round too, and for the longer ones, remember to fully extend your argument but try and reach a conclusion for the 10 mark bullet point question as you get 2 marks (I think) for a conclusion.
Original post by AminaOfAsgard
I just read through the text book and the revision guide. Going to start memorising the dates and facts this weekend. How about you?

Ive got a really good AQA revision guide so I'm reading that, starting to memorise dates, and also putting tests on quizlet to test myself - I don't really do past papers for history but I might read through some of my old essays.
Ive got a really good AQA revision guide so I'm reading that, starting to memorise dates, and also putting tests on quizlet to test myself - I don't really do past papers for history but I might read through some of my old essays.

Sounds good. :smile: do you have the ben walsh updated revision guide?
Its the Nelson Thomas one if that helps! - they do one for the internal relations (paper 1) and one for the depth studies (paper 2)
Its the Nelson Thomas one if that helps! - they do one for the internal relations (paper 1) and one for the depth studies (paper 2)

We use that in school! It's very helpful! :smile:
For paper 2 which is next Wednesday, is anyone else doing Hitler's Germany?
If so, can someone tell me how much we need to know about these two points on the specification:
- the effect of the war (guessing it means WW1?) on the civilian population: bombing, rationing and propaganda
- the impact of WW2 on the German economy

We haven't be taught about either of these two bullet points so I'm really worried and would be very grateful for any help! Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest