The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Fvthoms
This was me a few days ago; it took me 4 days to get back to getting an A on the June '08 paper (that's what I'm aiming for).

You redid the papers? I'm actually stuck for what to do. I have done the c3 papers from jan05 - june10 but the last time I did a paper was easter.
Same with c4 last time I did any c4 was easter and Ive done the papers from jan05 - jun 07.
Done no M2 past papers

I was going to from tomorrow do some c3 papers to see if what I remember, go over what I dont remember but then move onto the solomon papers before I come back to the normal papers.
Original post by Hudl
You redid the papers? I'm actually stuck for what to do. I have done the c3 papers from jan05 - june10 but the last time I did a paper was easter.
Same with c4 last time I did any c4 was easter and Ive done the papers from jan05 - jun 07.
Done no M2 past papers

I was going to from tomorrow do some c3 papers to see if what I remember, go over what I dont remember but then move onto the solomon papers before I come back to the normal papers.

If you've run out of papers; you can go onto the Edexcel site and find the 2010-2014 papers there. I don't recommend redoing papers though, seems pointless; I usually leave all past papers until the last month (now) and then go all out.

What are these Solomon papers that people keep mentioning as well? I might look into them after I run out of the standard batch.
Original post by Hudl
Done no M2 past papers

Original post by Fvthoms
If you've run out of papers; you can go onto the Edexcel site and find the 2010-2014 papers there. I don't recommend redoing papers though, seems pointless; I usually leave all past papers until the last month (now) and then go all out.

What are these Solomon papers that people keep mentioning as well? I might look into them after I run out of the standard batch.

To really test yourself I would recommend you do the papers courtesy of TeeEm, if you look at his profile there is a link to the site on his "About Me" section (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=126052). (Try papers S and T to really test yourself!).
Reply 643
Original post by studentwiz
for the parametric last part can someone explain why the answer is x=1

and for the intergration question last part I got pi^3/64 - 1/16pi but the answer is +/1/16 pi can someone show me how?

Where are these questions from? :redface:
Original post by randlemcmurphy
To really test yourself I would recommend you do the papers courtesy of TeeEm, if you look at his profile there is a link to the site on his "About Me" section (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=126052). (Try papers S and T to really test yourself!).

One of the questions in particular aren't in our spec :wink:

We don't need to know how to write a paramedic equation as far as I know - only Cartesian ones.
Hi, how do you integrate sec2x tan2x (all one term)
Original post by TheRaspberry

the integral of secx tanx is secx. Therefore, the integral of sec2x tan2x is 0.5sec2x + c
Original post by TheRaspberry

Use the identity d(sec(x))/dx=sec(x)tan(x)...

You should get (1/2)sec(2x) + c
Original post by Tow
One of the questions in particular aren't in our spec :wink:

We don't need to know how to write a paramedic equation as far as I know - only Cartesian ones.

That's what I'm trying to avoid to be honest - finding something I don't know that's not in my exam spec and then starting to flap about it.
Original post by Fvthoms
That's what I'm trying to avoid to be honest - finding something I don't know that's not in my exam spec and then starting to flap about it.

Yup.

Try to avoid doing stuff like that because you'll confuse yourself.

Just remember - Maths is a psychological game.

Go in the exam hall feeling confident and you'll do well.

Go in the exam hall feeling unsure and uncertain and you most likely won't.

True story:wink:
How do you guys remember things like integrals of trigonometric things? I can remember cos x and sin x but not the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
How do you guys remember things like integrals of trigonometric things? I can remember cos x and sin x but not the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much all are in the formula booklet except sin and cos I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have ZigZag papers?
Hello can aanyone help me with this question 2015-05-22 20.29.10.jpg the correct answer is 1/8pi. I worked out a solution but not sure if the method is right
Attachment not found
attached the work. Please criticise or approve my method or tell me what the right way is.
What did I do wrong in this answer? 20150527_072931.jpg
Original post by chhhhelsie

You cant integrate e^x^2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chhhhelsie

Try the substitution u=x2. Hopefully in the exam we would be told the substitution, if not it should be easy to identify.
Original post by Tow
Yup.

Try to avoid doing stuff like that because you'll confuse yourself.

Just remember - Maths is a psychological game.

Go in the exam hall feeling confident and you'll do well.

Go in the exam hall feeling unsure and uncertain and you most likely won't.

True story:wink:

Couldn't agree more with you.

Done another paper today; just managed to scrape an A, but I need to go back and take a look at substitution in integration. No drama.
Reply 659
How do you integrate a product such as Sin2xSinx by parts? Apparently this can be done but I don't see how you can avoid an endless loop.
Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending