The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tggfootymad
Knowing Edexcel, if everyone is banking on consolidation of power, then they won't make it that predictable and obvious!

We just gotta have hope :biggrin: especially with the new specs coming in
I want to do some practice essays of questions that may possibly come up for the 30 marker does anyone have any ideas? I'm really hoping it's opposition to the nazis or the holocaust.
Original post by CD223
The Madagascar plan fails due to the war I would say. It relies on the defeat of Britain as it is a British mandate, and also due to the escalation in numbers of Jews under the Reich's control, there is no feasible way to resettle such a large number of people in a tiny area like Madagascar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When my teacher gave this question she said what it's really asking you is whether or not the holocaust was planned or unplanned. Is that right or have I been going about it the wrong way?
Original post by tessimoghaddam
Yes you will! :smile: yeah I just hope i'll be ok in the exam!
That's a good structure :smile: I first look and see which sources agree/disagree then I highlight the key points in them and link which sources have the same or similar points or if they disagree and then I cross reference . Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing! I do source 1, source 2 and source 3 but I don't use the same point I try to find something different that it says. Sorry this is really confusing! I'll take a picture and try and upload it!

Okay sounds good :smile: Thanks!

You will do brilliantly :smile: Have confidence in yourself :smile: x
Original post by Azzirshad
I want to do some practice essays of questions that may possibly come up for the 30 marker does anyone have any ideas? I'm really hoping it's opposition to the nazis or the holocaust.

OMG! opposition to the Nazis???? :O

What would those points be??

x
Hello, sorry to intrude!! Is there anyway of all of us or anyone creating like a checklist for each section....if this is possible!! Like a checklist on stuff to cover the Second Reich, the Weimar Republic, The Rise of the Nazis, Popularity and efficiency of the Nazi Regime and Life in Wartime Germany? Thank you!!
Original post by Azzirshad

'Systematic extermination emerged as the Final Solution to the Jewish question as a result of the chaotic nature of the Nazi state.' How far do you agree with this opinion?
That's a question we did for the holocaust
Original post by Bunny2014
Okay sounds good :smile: Thanks!

You will do brilliantly :smile: Have confidence in yourself :smile: x

Aww thank you :smile: you will too! I'm trying but there's so much to do and so little time :frown: also I need to get good grades to get into the uni I want but I didn't do that great in AS so I doubt I'll get good grades overall :frown: x
When my teacher gave this question she said what it's really asking you is whether or not the holocaust was planned or unplanned. Is that right or have I been going about it the wrong way?

It would probably depend on how it's worded? I think if it was "how far do you agree that x was the main factor", then you'd argue different factors, which is what I planned.
Reply 1209

It depends really. The can ask about responsibility for the holocaust (ie: why it started), or why it escalated, which is perhaps more difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cuppa
It would probably depend on how it's worded? I think if it was "how far do you agree that x was the main factor", then you'd argue different factors, which is what I planned.

Aww ok yeah you're probably right :smile: the questions we got were 'systematic exterminations emerged as the Final Solution to the Jewish Question as a result of the chaotic nature of the Nazi state' these final solution questions are confusing me now :frown: x
Aww thank you :smile: you will too! I'm trying but there's so much to do and so little time :frown: also I need to get good grades to get into the uni I want but I didn't do that great in AS so I doubt I'll get good grades overall :frown: x

Thanks :smile: I got a C last year in AS history :frown: B in one paper, D in the other

However, it was a high C close to a B

In my coursework I got 1 mark off a A so that pushed my grade up so I need to get a B in the exam to get a B overall :smile:

I know it seems like theres literally no time left to get everything covered

What are you hoping to study at university and which university is it? What grades do you need? x
Original post by CD223
It depends really. The can ask about responsibility for the holocaust (ie: why it started), or why it escalated, which is perhaps more difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww ok thank you :smile: yeah they're kinda confusing now :frown:
Original post by Finnskilongmuir
Hello, sorry to intrude!! Is there anyway of all of us or anyone creating like a checklist for each section....if this is possible!! Like a checklist on stuff to cover the Second Reich, the Weimar Republic, The Rise of the Nazis, Popularity and efficiency of the Nazi Regime and Life in Wartime Germany? Thank you!!

Haha, your not intruding :smile: Yeah thats a good idea!

Hoping someone or all of us helps to compile one

CD started with the Second Reich which is on a couple of pages back I think
Hi, does anyone know how they would answer these questions:

- the threat of constitutional reform was the biggest threat facing the second reich. How far do you agree with this judegement?
- moderate reform caused the balance of power to remain unchanged. how far do you agree with this judgement?
-ww1 heightened rather than narrowed the problems that the second reich faced. How far do you agree with this judgement?

Thank you!!
Original post by tggfootymad
Knowing Edexcel, if everyone is banking on consolidation of power, then they won't make it that predictable and obvious!

True
Original post by CD223
Totally agreed there mate. In a weird way I'd be more annoyed to revise it all for that to come up. You can't win! 😥

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah haha
Thanks :smile: I got a C last year in AS history :frown: B in one paper, D in the other

However, it was a high C close to a B

In my coursework I got 1 mark off a A so that pushed my grade up so I need to get a B in the exam to get a B overall :smile:

I know it seems like theres literally no time left to get everything covered

What are you hoping to study at university and which university is it? What grades do you need? x

Aww that's good well done :smile: you'll easily get a B in the exam maybe higher! I got CDD last year - C in English (B in the coursework and D in the exam), D in Media Studies (C in the exam and E in the coursework) and D in History (B in source based question but flopped the Russia and got a U). I retook the Russia paper so hopefully it levels out to a C overall. I didn't get an offer but was hoping to get into Royal Holloway to study English via clearing but I need ABB and I don't see that happening :frown: I think I've got an A in my media studies coursework but I got a D in the history coursework :frown:
Aww that's good well done :smile: you'll easily get a B in the exam maybe higher! I got CDD last year - C in English (B in the coursework and D in the exam), D in Media Studies (C in the exam and E in the coursework) and D in History (B in source based question but flopped the Russia and got a U). I retook the Russia paper so hopefully it levels out to a C overall. I didn't get an offer but was hoping to get into Royal Holloway to study English via clearing but I need ABB and I don't see that happening :frown: I think I've got an A in my media studies coursework but I got a D in the history coursework :frown:

Don't lose hope :smile: You seem a motivated person who deserves to get a good grade :smile: Royal Holloway is an excellent University :smile:

Make sure you carry on applying the same motivation for your subjects :smile:

Thanks x

The grades you said you were getting in essays were excellent :smile: your en route for a top grade :smile: You never know you might get a top grade in the resit for Russia :biggrin: Then that would boost your grade for history :smile:
OMG! opposition to the Nazis???? :O

What would those points be??

x

I would talk about the different opposing groups such as communists, youth; white rose group, edelweiss pirates, conservative elites, and maybe some individual attempts to assassinate hitler?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending