The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Azzirshad
I would talk about the different opposing groups such as communists, youth; white rose group, edelweiss pirates, conservative elites, and maybe some individual attempts to assassinate hitler?

Ahh now I remember :smile: thank you!

So the operation flash?? x
Does anyone have any essay plans, essays or notes on Weimar? Absolutely cannot stand the topic but I really need help revising it. Any help would be much appreciated
There is a strong possibility for the jewish question to come up according to my teacher :frown: x
Original post by Bunny2014
Ahh now I remember :smile: thank you!

So the operation flash?? x

I don't know that one! :/ x
Original post by Azzirshad
I don't know that one! :/ x

Thats the generals trying to assassinate Hitler :smile: x
Omg I just hope nice factor questions come up.
Don't lose hope :smile: You seem a motivated person who deserves to get a good grade :smile: Royal Holloway is an excellent University :smile:

Make sure you carry on applying the same motivation for your subjects :smile:

Thanks x

The grades you said you were getting in essays were excellent :smile: your en route for a top grade :smile: You never know you might get a top grade in the resit for Russia :biggrin: Then that would boost your grade for history :smile:

Aww thank you :smile: you do too and I'm sure you will do amazing! What uni do you want to go to?
Yeah I am trying but AS contributes 50% to the overall grade so I'm a little worried as to how I can get ABB from CDD :frown: I'll try my best though!
Aww thank you! I hope so I hope I do better in the exams than in class! I'm really annoyed tho cause I keep getting 1 mark off an A in the part a essay question :frown: any tips?
Original post by tessimoghaddam
Aww thank you :smile: you do too and I'm sure you will do amazing! What uni do you want to go to?
Yeah I am trying but AS contributes 50% to the overall grade so I'm a little worried as to how I can get ABB from CDD :frown: I'll try my best though!
Aww thank you! I hope so I hope I do better in the exams than in class! I'm really annoyed tho cause I keep getting 1 mark off an A in the part a essay question :frown: any tips?

I am hoping to get into University of Southampton and if I don't get in there then Portsmouth :smile:

Its really annoying when that happens :frown:

My tips...

I think just focus on things you don't understand so perhaps go back a few pages and you will see that I've compiled all of the past paper questions for history

Have a look at that and see if you can plan each essay? If you can't then go back and make some notes on key points for the essay

Hope that helps x
'Systematic extermination emerged as the Final Solution to the Jewish question as a result of the chaotic nature of the Nazi state.' How far do you agree with this opinion?
That's a question we did for the holocaust

For this question:

What factors did you include? x

Hitler's ideology

Chaotic nature of the Nazi state- what does this mean? what would we need to include?

Thanks x
Original post by cuppa
Omg I just hope nice factor questions come up.

Same :smile: I hate the Second Reich part :frown:

Hope a Nazi question will come up :smile: x
I am hoping to get into University of Southampton and if I don't get in there then Portsmouth :smile:

Its really annoying when that happens :frown:

My tips...

I think just focus on things you don't understand so perhaps go back a few pages and you will see that I've compiled all of the past paper questions for history

Have a look at that and see if you can plan each essay? If you can't then go back and make some notes on key points for the essay

Hope that helps x

Aww that's excellent! Good luck! I'm sure you'll get in :smile:
Ooh ok thank you :smile: we make quite a lot of plans in class so I'm gonna make some notes on the key points for those essays xx
Aww that's excellent! Good luck! I'm sure you'll get in :smile:
Ooh ok thank you :smile: we make quite a lot of plans in class so I'm gonna make some notes on the key points for those essays xx

Excellent :smile: Im glad it helped :smile:

Would you mind sharing some of your plans for the Second Reich part please? Thats where I'm struggling the most :frown:

Thanks x
What is the definition of a consensus dictatorship?
For this question:

What factors did you include? x

Hitler's ideology

Chaotic nature of the Nazi state- what does this mean? what would we need to include?

Thanks x

Well my teacher said that the question was really asking whether or not the holocaust was planned. So we would put points for why it was planned like for example Hitler always hated the Jews and this was evident in his book 'Mein Kamf' and in his policy of creating a 'pure' nationality. Also in the Wansee Conference in 1942 they decided a more radical solution towards the Jewish Question - death camps (systematic extermination) so it shows that they were really pushing and planning the annihilation of the Jews. However, it can be argued that they came up with this radical solution because by 1942 the USA had joined the war and Germany knew they were losing - Hitler wanted to achieve at least one of his aims. - reaction to an event
The Madagascar plan shows the chaotic nature of the Nazi state because they had so many Jews but they didn't know what to do with them.
Hitler hated the Jews but his intentions were unclear - extermination - but the Nazis didn't know how.
The invasion of Russia was seen as a racial war and propaganda was used to depict it like that but really it was due to the declining relations between Germany and Russia and an end to the Nazi-Soviet Pact - yes it brought millions of Jews to them and they shot 700,000 but could be seen as a reaction to an event because they invaded Russia.
Hitler's hatred to the Jews can also be seen as a reaction to an event because the Germans had lost the war and he was looking for a minority to blame - the Jews - also when hyperinflation hit Germans the hardest there were some Jews who were living a more luxury life - this increased anti-Semitism and so persecutions were made against the Jews because of this - could show that he hated the Jews though - random attacks made by the SA/SS, raiding of their homes, losing their jobs and homes and eventually their German citizenships.
Those were the kinda points I put in my essay and I went with the holocaust being unplanned but up to the individual. You could also add deportations etc. Hope this helps! x
Excellent :smile: Im glad it helped :smile:

Would you mind sharing some of your plans for the Second Reich part please? Thats where I'm struggling the most :frown:

Thanks x

Sure I'll have a look and see if I have some but I'm struggling in that area too! I rrally hate the second Reich :frown:
Original post by Finnskilongmuir
What is the definition of a consensus dictatorship?

It basically means that people were OK with having a dictator and that they didn't really mind the Nazi regime.
Could someone take me through life under the nazis for different groups in society after hitler's consolidation ?

Much appreciated !! :smile:
Hi

I received an offer from royal holloway and it is an amazing university but i choose not to put it as a choice as i heard it was quite boring and tennis isn't strong there which is a big deal for me.

Anyway..... Does anyway have a plan for the june 2013 paper

Essay structure would be helpful also

Thanks

Don't lose hope :smile: You seem a motivated person who deserves to get a good grade :smile: Royal Holloway is an excellent University :smile:

Make sure you carry on applying the same motivation for your subjects :smile:

Thanks x

The grades you said you were getting in essays were excellent :smile: your en route for a top grade :smile: You never know you might get a top grade in the resit for Russia :biggrin: Then that would boost your grade for history :smile:
Original post by dmcque
Hi

I received an offer from royal holloway and it is an amazing university but i choose not to put it as a choice as i heard it was quite boring and tennis isn't strong there which is a big deal for me.

Anyway..... Does anyway have a plan for the june 2013 paper

Essay structure would be helpful also

Thanks

Hey

Im not sure if this question is pointed to me?

If it is then let me know x
Sorry,

It was a generic question. If you could answer the question it would be great.

Thanks

Hey

Im not sure if this question is pointed to me?

If it is then let me know x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending