The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Protoxylic
Yeah I heard it was a horrible paper. Just gotta pray the boundaries are low I guess. Didn't they ask questions in slightly different ways this year? I.e. the potato question which I seem to think has had everybody in an uproar lmao.

To be fair I didn't think it was "that bad" - I'm just **** at physics tbh. Harder than normal but I didn't see any impossible questions.
Original post by C0balt
On the same boat :frown:
Thinking positively though, we are the Cambridge applicants so we should be better than average, yet we ****ed up so you know, this means if you look at the whole population everyone must have messed up pretty hard (hopefully LOL)

Be quite you :smile: You did better than most. I'd chop my right arm off to swap exam papers with you.
Original post by BioStudentx
Be quite you :smile: You did better than most. I'd chop my right arm off to swap exam papers with you.

Keep your right arm :lol: you'll need it :tongue:
Original post by C0balt
On the same boat :frown:
Thinking positively though, we are the Cambridge applicants so we should be better than average, yet we ****ed up so you know, this means if you look at the whole population everyone must have messed up pretty hard (hopefully LOL)

To be fair I didn't think it was "that bad" - I'm just **** at physics tbh. Harder than normal but I didn't see any impossible questions.

There isn't a single person who hasn't complained about that paper in all honesty. I looked at the paper myself and saw exactly why people didn't like it. AQA are mischievous, one year they ask a question and give a model answer on the mark scheme. In another year they ask the same question and the wording in the mark scheme is completely different. It doesn't get much better at A2, but you are a hell of a lot more safer with the grade boundaries.
Original post by C0balt
Keep your right arm :lol: you'll need it :tongue:

Oh really? What for? :colone:

Oh dear :colone:

:erm:
There isn't a single person who hasn't complained about that paper in all honesty. I looked at the paper myself and saw exactly why people didn't like it. AQA are mischievous, one year they ask a question and give a model answer on the mark scheme. In another year they ask the same question and the wording in the mark scheme is completely different. It doesn't get much better at A2, but you are a hell of a lot more safer with the grade boundaries.

I was actually quite happy with the paper in some ways as although it was harder than normal that is good for me as it reduces how hard I get punished for making stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
:erm:

Oh dear :colone:

You two have dirty minds :colonhash:.
Original post by samb1234
I was actually quite happy with the paper in some ways as although it was harder than normal that is good for me as it reduces how hard I get punished for making stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I always wish for harder papers. Make it less boring and you get a larger buffer for mistakes. There is a limit to how 'hard' they can make the papers and it seems this year the way they're doing it is in the wording of the question.

You provoked it! :colonhash:
Yeah, I always wish for harder papers. Make it less boring and you get a larger buffer for mistakes. There is a limit to how 'hard' they can make the papers and it seems this year the way they're doing it is in the wording of the question.

Yh I like hard papers aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA Physics also has stupidly low grade boundaries, last year I think you needed 51/75 for the nominal A* in Phys5D and I think 56 for full UMS although I may be wrong. Even Phys4 which is the fields and mechanics section for AQA has low boundaries, 61/75 for the nominal A* last year iirc.:tongue:

It's just so crazy though! The grade boundary for an A on the G482 paper was only 64/100 marks.. I don't get how you can drop nearly 40 marks and still be awarded the 'highest' grade, but I guess it's good for us!
You provoked it! :colonhash:

So you're second year? Do you have an offer?

I think it was pretty useful in that test to have done physics questions not on our spec. Our teachers often give us tests with questions from other exam boards and I also did the physics challenge which I think helped quite a lot as I don't think I was affected by the different styles of question as much

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you're second year? Do you have an offer?

Yes and yes :tongue:
Yes and yes :tongue:

Omg what for and which college (soz if you've said these before but there's no way I'm scrolling back tbh).
Original post by samb1234
I think it was pretty useful in that test to have done physics questions not on our spec. Our teachers often give us tests with questions from other exam boards and I also did the physics challenge which I think helped quite a lot as I don't think I was affected by the different styles of question as much

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also do cross-spec practice. Just to not get too used to AQA wording, pretty effective way of revision if I'm honest.
Omg what for and which college (soz if you've said these before but there's no way I'm scrolling back tbh).

NatSci(Physical) at Gonville and Caius. Haha, tbh I wouldn't have bothered scrolling back either lol. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)

Hey I didn't say anything!?
Besides, you were the main offender with the emoticon :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending