I am! omg i thought it was only my school doing it
Reply 2
Original post by kikess_
I am! omg i thought it was only my school doing it

so did I! how's revision going? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by deeferdog
so did I! how's revision going? :smile:

urm not to bad, I have made a really long timeline, completed some past paper questions. Im trying to focus on like land/economic/agriculture themes atm wbu?. really hope we get good questions this year lol like constitutional /revolutionary nationalism/ urm turning points.
Reply 4
Original post by kikess_
urm not to bad, I have made a really long timeline, completed some past paper questions. Im trying to focus on like land/economic/agriculture themes atm wbu?. really hope we get good questions this year lol like constitutional /revolutionary nationalism/ urm turning points.

same i'm hoping nationalism comes up or turning points but nothing on the church like last year, or the economy because I'm not confident on that!
Reply 5
same i'm hoping nationalism comes up or turning points but nothing on the church like last year, or the economy because I'm not confident on that!

yeah nationalism question would be absolute bliss! Yeah I am focusing alot of my revision on the economy atm. what you hoping to get in the exam?
Reply 6
Original post by kikess_
yeah nationalism question would be absolute bliss! Yeah I am focusing alot of my revision on the economy atm. what you hoping to get in the exam?

hoping for an A, you? :smile:
Reply 7
hoping for an A, you? :smile:

same!
Reply 8
Original post by kikess_
same!

good luck! hope it goes well for you! :smile:
Reply 9
good luck! hope it goes well for you! :smile:

you too! have you been doing past questions?
Reply 10
Original post by kikess_
you too! have you been doing past questions?

yeah but only in class so far. I want to do more because my teacher always gives us huge hints and tells us exactly what to revise and I don't think that helps because even thought I'll get high marks it'll be because I know what it's on if that makes sense? you?
Reply 11
yeah but only in class so far. I want to do more because my teacher always gives us huge hints and tells us exactly what to revise and I don't think that helps because even thought I'll get high marks it'll be because I know what it's on if that makes sense? you?

Oh yeah i definitely understand what you mean. I mean its not too late too do some past paper questions..previously there has been really weird worded questions so its good to have an insight
Reply 12
How far was the issue of Home Rule in 1886 the main turning point in British attitudes to the Union with Ireland in the period from 1800 to 1921? How would you answer this question please
Reply 13
How far was the issue of Home Rule in 1886 the main turning point in British attitudes to the Union with Ireland in the period from 1800 to 1921?

After an introduction which talks about the themes and sets out the essay I would:

As it specifically mentions 'British attitudes towards the Union' I would be tempted to split it into Whig/Liberal governments and Tory/Conservative ones and explain how the Home Rule movement changed their respective policies before comparing it to other movements that changed their policy e.g. Gladstone with Fenian uprising of 1867, the Famine and Peel's response, the Easter Rising and the Anglo-Irish War and so on, trying to compare each event to the HR Bill of 1886.

Then make a judgment at the end saying that even things like Catholic Emancipation, and the Fenian uprising shaped Government attitudes to the Union immensely, HR in 1886 was the most significant as it divided the Liberal Party like never before and shaped Conservative and Liberal policy towards Ireland for the next 30 years, with Conservative passing policies to 'Kill Home Rule with Kindness' and the Liberals consistently trying to pass Home Rule.
Reply 14
Original post by Dalam
How far was the issue of Home Rule in 1886 the main turning point in British attitudes to the Union with Ireland in the period from 1800 to 1921?

After an introduction which talks about the themes and sets out the essay I would:

As it specifically mentions 'British attitudes towards the Union' I would be tempted to split it into Whig/Liberal governments and Tory/Conservative ones and explain how the Home Rule movement changed their respective policies before comparing it to other movements that changed their policy e.g. Gladstone with Fenian uprising of 1867, the Famine and Peel's response, the Easter Rising and the Anglo-Irish War and so on, trying to compare each event to the HR Bill of 1886.

Then make a judgment at the end saying that even things like Catholic Emancipation, and the Fenian uprising shaped Government attitudes to the Union immensely, HR in 1886 was the most significant as it divided the Liberal Party like never before and shaped Conservative and Liberal policy towards Ireland for the next 30 years, with Conservative passing policies to 'Kill Home Rule with Kindness' and the Liberals consistently trying to pass Home Rule.

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i have another question im stuck do you mind helping? you are a star
Reply 15
Original post by kikess_
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i have another question im stuck do you mind helping? you are a star

Yeah its fine haha, it's quite helpful for me as well to plan essays
Reply 16
Original post by Dalam
Yeah its fine haha, it's quite helpful for me as well to plan essays

Thank you so much. Are you doing the exam as well? How do you feel about it
Reply 17
Yeah, not too sure I'm just trying to learn all the facts in the next few days
Reply 18
Original post by Dalam
Yeah, not too sure I'm just trying to learn all the facts in the next few days

This time next weeks we will be in the exam omg 🙈🙈🙈. How are you on the land /economy part of the course
Reply 19
Original post by kikess_
This time next weeks we will be in the exam omg 🙈🙈🙈. How are you on the land /economy part of the course

Okay ish, although I want to go over it properly soon, I'm more worried about support for the union like the Protestant ascendancy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending