The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odd socks
I'm being made to feel like it's my fault my mum's life is the way it is. it's my fault she never plans what to have for meals and has to go to the shops at 5.35 at night, it's my fault my dad works weird hours and isn't home for tea till 8 and expects mum to make him dinner. it's my fault she never gets to sit down and watch a TV show she likes. I'm being reminded of why I hated growing up in this family, why it ****ed me up mentally. why I promised myself I would never move back to this place again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got a lot of empathy for you Socky. I am utterly terrified of going home for over 3 months over summer. spent less than 4 days with them and wanted to rip their heads off. all I can say it is not your fault, and it is so sad that so many parents get it so so wrong. many hugs :hugs:
Original post by ScaryScience
Got a lot of empathy for you Socky. I am utterly terrified of going home for over 3 months over summer. spent less than 4 days with them and wanted to rip their heads off. all I can say it is not your fault, and it is so sad that so many parents get it so so wrong. many hugs :hugs:

:hugs: will be around if you need anything ok?
Keepon getting triggered, don't know what todo can't cope with this at sll :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Keepon getting triggered, don't know what todo can't cope with this at sll :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:
Original post by Pathway
:hugs: will be around if you need anything ok?

thanks, lovely. here for you too. :hugs:
Original post by furryface12

Posted from TSR Mobile
:hugs: can message me if you need, cant promise I will be much/any help though
Original post by ScaryScience
thanks, lovely. here for you too. :hugs:
:hugs: can message me if you need, cant promise I will be much/any help though

thank you

----------

feel ovverwhelmed with everything atm dont know whato do :cry:
Who invented panic attacks 😭😭😭😭 evils
Original post by Little Popcorns
Who invented panic attacks 😭😭😭😭 evils

OMG they're the actual devil I was having what I thought was a peaceful nap when my dog woke me up and I musta gotten scared (or maybe it was bc I was worried before napping, idk) because I woke up having a panic attack and I didn't understand what in the hell was going on I was so confused
Original post by Midnightmemories
Oh wow, this struck a chord with me...Thought i would try and stick my thoughts about this into a response for you, it may not help but at least I'm trying? I've had to (and still do) have to deal with this thought... The way i've dealt with it, is to attempt to think... "Well, they're not going to laugh at me today..." And just try and do it a day at a time... Because if you can survive one day, you can maybe survive the next... And thats what it is about for me at the moment: Surviving.

Spoiler

It's great to hear I'm not the only one (well not great that you're going through it too :colondollar: ). That was helpful, I will try to remember your advice when the voices say that. :smile: Although, what do you do if someone does laugh? I was thinking more about this and the only "positive thought" I can put on it is that it's their problem if they're gonig to be so rude not mine. This solution does seem to be lacking though. :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by CescaD96
Feel weird and deja vu like. Painful to walk.

Voices & ED

Spoiler

Spoiler

Btw, AWESOME news that you got the questions you wanted on the exam! :five:
Original post by Sabertooth
It's great to hear I'm not the only one (well not great that you're going through it too :colondollar: ). That was helpful, I will try to remember your advice when the voices say that. :smile: Although, what do you do if someone does laugh? I was thinking more about this and the only "positive thought" I can put on it is that it's their problem if they're gonig to be so rude not mine. This solution does seem to be lacking though. :frown:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Btw, AWESOME news that you got the questions you wanted on the exam! :five:

Spoiler

Thanks! I'm so happy about how it went. Especially I nearly fainted again earlier.
Original post by Sabertooth

Spoiler

What to do if someone laughs at you? Either laugh back at them or ignore them. Thats what i've been told before... It's hard and it took awhile but i was able to make progress on ignoring people who are idiots towards me before officially finishing on friday. (only have to go in for exams now, however i have been invited to this exam club thing which my parents are making me go to..)

Spoiler

I've been told to stop taking the mirtazapine to see if that stops me from needing to sleep 16+ hours a night. Really anxious about doing this as I've been on it like 5 years or so now and it has helped the worst of my depression. I'm not even that sure I want to sleep less; more sleep = less time with the voices and thoughts.
Original post by Midnightmemories
What to do if someone laughs at you? Either laugh back at them or ignore them. Thats what i've been told before... It's hard and it took awhile but i was able to make progress on ignoring people who are idiots towards me before officially finishing on friday. (only have to go in for exams now, however i have been invited to this exam club thing which my parents are making me go to..)

Spoiler

What I meant is, if your rational CBT thought is "they're not going to laugh at me today" then it does happen, it's been proved wrong and the original thought is correct. That's what I'm confused about :colondollar: I think I probably just don't get this CBT malarkey :tongue:

Spoiler

People really don't help themselves, do they? Why do people act in a certain way when they know it is going to piss you off? Some people are so stupid or they do it on purpose which is even worse.
Original post by cuppa
OMG they're the actual devil I was having what I thought was a peaceful nap when my dog woke me up and I musta gotten scared (or maybe it was bc I was worried before napping, idk) because I woke up having a panic attack and I didn't understand what in the hell was going on I was so confused
They really aw, we need to hunt down whoever decided panic attacks were a good idea and blast them.
:sigh:
superwolf
DepSoc Island!

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/i-bought-an-island-for-15-000-and-changed-my-life-119915759447.html

You missed out here: $15000 isn't too bad at all :biggrin:
all I feel is emptiness & despair, I manage fleeting moments of feeling other things but ulitimately all I have left now is the darkness inside.
Some people are almost poetic about their sadness (for a lack of a better word) meanwhile I was cryin while making pancakes :biggrin: and burned myself cos tears fell to the burnin oil.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Hmm that is a bit of an obstacle. Okay no worries, best of luck with the appointment :smile:

Spoiler

Latest