The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NutellaLatte
Got an offer for Psychology with Education today, SO HAPPY! ....not going to lie, currently having a panic attack but it's all good (hopefully?), I just really hope I'm able to attain 300 tariff points.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/careers/departments/careers_with_a_psychology_degree
Median starting salary of £19,000...why are you so happy lol
(edited 8 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Sideman420
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/careers/departments/careers_with_a_psychology_degree
Median starting salary of £19,000...why are you so happy lol

Wow, you're not even funny. You do know that money is not everthing, don't you?
Original post by NutellaLatte
Got an offer for Psychology
with Education today, SO HAPPY! ....not going to lie, currently having a panic attack but it's all good (hopefully?), I just really hope I'm able to attain 300 tariff points.

Was wondering what were your predicted grades/ UCAS points?
Original post by sabina12
Wow, you're not even funny. You do know that money is not everthing, don't you?

Oh please, when she's in 27,000 pounds of debt, living in London so gotta pay back them accommodation costs, living expenses are insane and shes earning 3 grand below the average wage when she leaves..What is the point? Uni is an investment, if she likes psychology, read a book, don't spend 27 thousand pounds.
Oh please, when she's in 27,000 pounds of debt, living in London so gotta pay back them accommodation costs, living expenses are insane and shes earning 3 grand below the average wage when she leaves..What is the point? Uni is an investment, if she likes psychology, read a book, don't spend 27 thousand pounds.

You are entitiled to your own opinion, and so is she, as is every person pursuing higher education for any reason they choose. Sorry, but I can't deal with people who don't understand the idea of having a passion about whatever subject (be it economics, psychology, law etc.) that goes beyond everything in the world that money could ever buy. So stop throwing these links that don't mean a thing in everyone's face. Not everyone is going to uni for money, thank you very much!
(edited 8 years ago)
You are entitiled to your own opinion, and so is she, as is every person pursuing higher education for any reason they choose. Sorry, but I can't deal with people who don't understand the idea of having a passion about whatever subject (be it economics, psychology, law etc.) that goes beyond everything in the world that money could ever buy. So stop throwing these links that don't mean a thing in everyone's face. Not everyone is going to uni for money, thank you very much!

Fair enough, maybe you'll care about link http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/People/Join-the-team.html
I'm joking, I just think its all good to have a passion but it needs to be realistic and people regret taking unemployable courses...but w/e its your lives just trying to be helpful
Fair enough, maybe you'll care about link http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/People/Join-the-team.html
I'm joking, I just think its all good to have a passion but it needs to be realistic and people regret taking unemployable courses...but w/e its your lives just trying to be helpful

I thought it's already been common sense that the major you study at university doesn't determine either your career path, your salary or the field you're going to end up working in. Psychology, philosophy, sociology and other majors deemed as "unemployable", as you said, are actually extremely versatile and would be beneficial for lots of jobs. (not serving fries at McDonalds, thank you :smile:) It ultimately comes down to what you do with the degree, the experience you have acquired and your ambition.
I thought it's already been common sense that the major you study at university doesn't determine either your career path, your salary or the field you're going to end up working in. Psychology, philosophy, sociology and other majors deemed as "unemployable", as you said, are actually extremely versatile and would be beneficial for lots of jobs. (not serving fries at McDonalds, thank you :smile:) It ultimately comes down to what you do with the degree, the experience you have acquired and your ambition.

That's just not true...engineers and scientists are massively in demand and require the scientific knowledge to do their jobs which only can only be obtained from education therefore university is useful. People will never use the **** they learn in Philosophy and Sociology for their jobs as learning about Aristotle's bull**** is irrelevant to real world application.
http://newcastle.tab.co.uk/2014/03/27/history-french-and-english-students-among-most-likely-to-be-unemployed-after-uni/
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/poorest-list/10-college-degrees-with-the-worst-employment-prospects/ -Never find Physics or Chemistry or w/e to be unemployable.
Unconditional offer to study Law, was wondering who is in the same situation and if they know of any good reading to do. I am scared!
That's just not true...engineers and scientists are massively in demand and require the scientific knowledge to do their jobs which only can only be obtained from education therefore university is useful. People will never use the **** they learn in Philosophy and Sociology for their jobs as learning about Aristotle's bull**** is irrelevant to real world application.
http://newcastle.tab.co.uk/2014/03/27/history-french-and-english-students-among-most-likely-to-be-unemployed-after-uni/
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/poorest-list/10-college-degrees-with-the-worst-employment-prospects/ -Never find Physics or Chemistry or w/e to be unemployable.

Ok, I see where you're coming from. But I ask you a question - if a person has no inclination towards science subjects, dislike maths, physics, chemistry, biology, dentistry - you get the idea - and would actually be much happier with a social or arts-related degree, what can they do? Waste 3 years of their lives studying a subject they hate with passion, possibly fail their studies AND moreover end up with a job they hate as much as their degree for the rest of their lives?
Ok, I see where you're coming from. But I ask you a question - if a person has no inclination towards science subjects, dislike maths, physics, chemistry, biology, dentistry - you get the idea - and would actually be much happier with a social or arts-related degree, what can they do? Waste 3 years of their lives studying a subject they hate with passion, possibly fail their studies AND moreover end up with a job they hate as much as their degree for the rest of their lives?

Fair enough, if they hate everything else forcing them to study a degree such as sociology etc then yeah as long as they are able to accept the difficulty ahead
Do you know anyone who has been accepted to ucl without a pass in the 4th AS? I have an offer but it includes a pass in a further AS which i have to do all by myself
Hey guys, I've literally just signed up to ask this question as I am (surprisingly) struggling to find the answer. What is the actual start date/ move in for 2015/16 freshers?
Original post by pleasepleaseme
Hey guys, I've literally just signed up to ask this question as I am (surprisingly) struggling to find the answer. What is the actual start date/ move in for 2015/16 freshers?

The 19th of September is what I have been told.
Reply 1554
I enjoy envisioning bloody murders of privately educated people. Will I cope at UCL?
Reply 1555
Original post by Bricktop
Do you know anyone who has been accepted to ucl without a pass in the 4th AS? I have an offer but it includes a pass in a further AS which i have to do all by myself

My offer is just AAB and I have 3 ASs.
Reply 1556
Original post by Emmi12345
Hi, PLEASE HELP?! I have a few hours left to firm, for Mathematics, and don't know whether to choose UCL or Warwick!! Could anyone help me out? I like them both but I have a few issues. What I'd like to know is... how easy/ hard is it to make friends at either? I'd consider myself a shy person but one who is willing to throw themselves into social activities such as partying/joining socs. Due to my shy nature however, I don't find it really easy to make friends, and was just wondering where I'd feel more welcomed/be accepted? Because UCL isn't a 'Campus' Uni, I'm really worried I'd just be left on my own there and be wandering round looking like a loser hahah! D: There are other factors too but this is a big one, but if you have any information on any factors concerning either UCL or Warwick, feel free to advise me! :smile: Thanks!

Pick UCL to be poor. Pick UCL for slightly more normal people :smile:.
History, politics and economics offer holder - anyone else?
Original post by Bricktop

Could've sat general studies AS and A2, no revision needed for that lol.
Original post by 8fairrc
Yo, any other history firmers? Got me an A*AA offer, pretty grim. So stoked for this place though

Yoooo I'm a history holderrrrr except it's joint with german. that's a higher offer good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending