The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia

Spoiler

Cheers, and did you try doing that tonight?

Spoiler

No problem and yeah. I think my body is used to the small dose of anti psychotic med I am on, and it causes insomnia. Might need a dose increase this week.
Original post by CescaD96

Spoiler

No problem and yeah. I think my body is used to the small dose of anti psychotic med I am on, and it causes insomnia. Might need a dose increase this week.

Do you have any zopiclone? Might be worth asking for some especially given the insomnia that abilify can cause.

Spoiler

So you're just trying to find the balance between the right dose of anti-psych meds, so that it's powerful enough to work, but not enough to cause insomnia? Next time you go for a dose increase, tell them, you might be able to change what you're taking.
Urgh I'm scared. Too many loud noises :frown:
Original post by Pathway
Maybe not sure rverything id too loud? Keep forgeting who i am. Yhink im not real .

Youre def real :hugs: :yes:
Original post by Sabertooth
Do you have any zopiclone? Might be worth asking for some especially given the insomnia that abilify can cause.

I do have zopiclone and I took a sneaky dose last night, but it's 4am and I have to get up in over 3 hours for a revision class at 9 so no point.

Spoiler

Original post by Arkasia
So you're just trying to find the balance between the right dose of anti-psych meds, so that it's powerful enough to work, but not enough to cause insomnia? Next time you go for a dose increase, tell them, you might be able to change what you're taking.

I was on Quetiapine but the migraines were horrible. I slept though because I took it at night. But I'm on Ablify now, 5mg, in the morning, so by the time it's night the sedative effect has worn off.
I do have zopiclone and I took a sneaky dose last night, but it's 4am and I have to get up in over 3 hours for a revision class at 9 so no point.

Spoiler

I was on Quetiapine but the migraines were horrible. I slept though because I took it at night. But I'm on Ablify now, 5mg, in the morning, so by the time it's night the sedative effect has worn off.

If you get a weaker dose, can you not take it twice a day, morning and night?
Original post by Arkasia
If you get a weaker dose, can you not take it twice a day, morning and night?

5mg is the weakest, and this is a morning only one I think. So they would have to increase it. They're already planning to increase my anti depressant anyway once my exams finish
5mg is the weakest, and this is a morning only one I think. So they would have to increase it. They're already planning to increase my anti depressant anyway once my exams finish

Do you need to stay on this one? Could you get another anti-psych alongside it?

Spoiler

Oh ok. I agree with the other guy that sometimes just lying in the dark with your eyes closed can help you feel more refreshed but with the voices I know that can be difficult to do. Superwolf introduced me to online jigsaws which I find helpful for mindless distraction; might be worth a try?

Spoiler

Original post by Arkasia
Do you need to stay on this one? Could you get another anti-psych alongside it?

Well I'm nearly over the day time side effects so they might keep me on it. I have a weekly review each Friday and I'm in with the mh doctor next Wednesday so I'll see then.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ScaryScience
Youre def real :hugs: :yes:

I an so disconnected yrying to ground but i cant hah
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh ok. I agree with the other guy that sometimes just lying in the dark with your eyes closed can help you feel more refreshed but with the voices I know that can be difficult to do. Superwolf introduced me to online jigsaws which I find helpful for mindless distraction; might be worth a try?

Spoiler

I'm still trying to talk sense into voice C. She just won't shut up. :frown: Even now when I have music in.

Spoiler

Well I'm nearly over the day time dude effects so they might keep me on it. I have a weekly review each Friday and I'm in with the mh doctor next Wednesday so I'll see then.

Alright well I hope it all goes well for you!
Original post by Arkasia
Alright well I hope it all goes well for you!

Thank you! Sorry for mindlessly boring you at 20 past 4 in the morning.
Thank you! Sorry for mindlessly boring you at 20 past 4 in the morning.

Any time :wink: And no worries, you weren't boring me at all!
Abuse

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
Abuse

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Dont know :'(
I've done something completely out of character, I'm wearing lipstick out in public today and I feel rather good about it.

Latest