Scroll to see replies

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432688719.937956.jpg

Really need help guys with part d

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicjug
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432688719.937956.jpg

Really need help guys with part d

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have the answer, I think I may know how to do it.
Original post by randlemcmurphy
Do you have the answer, I think I may know how to do it.

The answer is t=20 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The answer is t=20 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought it was, if you look in the equation the angle "theta" is tpi/5 radians, for one complete revolution the angle would be 2pi radians, so we can set 2pi=tpi/5 and rearrange for t, however this is only for one revolution so we need to multiply by 2 to satisfy the question.
c3 and c4 will be very hard this year i think!
Original post by normalman
c3 and c4 will be very hard this year i think!

Imo every paper is challenging but its down to your relative understanding where if the paper is easy for you. Just study hard and hope for the best :smile:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Imo every paper is challenging but its down to your relative understanding where if the paper is easy for you. Just study hard and hope for the best :smile:

true mlg man.

My Stats:
C1: 82 UMS
C2: 54 UMS
D1: 50 UMS

predictions on my a2 ums c3: 100 UMS c4 : 18 UMS s1: 100 UMS
true mlg man.

My Stats:
C1: 82 UMS
C2: 54 UMS
D1: 50 UMS

predictions on my a2 ums c3: 100 UMS c4 : 18 UMS s1: 100 UMS

My Stats:
C1: 66 (c)
C2: 61 (c)
S1: 54 (d) = 181/300. (c)

My A2 resits:
C1: 66 - Not allowed to resit. (c)
C2: 85-90.(a) - already sat (a)

Still got to do:
S1: Aiming for 80+ (a)
C3: 90+ (a*)
C4: 90+ (a*)
M1: 70+ (b) <-- It's mechanics after all. :tongue:

Why is your C4 only 18 ums?
Just work hard. Results don''t come first time to everyone but perseverance pays off.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
My Stats:
C1: 66 (c)
C2: 61 (c)
S1: 54 (d) = 181/300. (c)

My A2 resits:
C1: 66 - Not allowed to resit. (c)
C2: 85-90.(a) - already sat (a)

Still got to do:
S1: Aiming for 80+ (a)
C3: 90+ (a*)
C4: 90+ (a*)
M1: 70+ (b) <-- It's mechanics after all. :tongue:

Why is your C4 only 18 ums?
Just work hard. Results don''t come first time to everyone but perseverance pays off.

all the best pal! good luck to you
all the best pal! good luck to you

Likewise :smile:
Original post by randlemcmurphy
Thought it was, if you look in the equation the angle "theta" is tpi/5 radians, for one complete revolution the angle would be 2pi radians, so we can set 2pi=tpi/5 and rearrange for t, however this is only for one revolution so we need to multiply by 2 to satisfy the question.

Why do you do this though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do you do this though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You just have to realize that one revolution means 360 degrees or 2 pi radians, and you know that the angle can be represented as tpi/5, so you just have to equate. I have seen a similar question which relies on the same principle.
Reply 632
Aiming for 100ums in c3, I just did my frist paper since easter and got 73/75....paper was jan 2011, going to quickly read over my notes and the examples in the book to fully refresh everything then I am going to start doing the solomon papers which I hope to finish this week so I can continue edexcel papers from June 11 onwards

EDIT: - Just wondering, is arcsin, arccost, arctan on the spec because I've seen it come up on some of the older past papers and also on the solomon papers but not recently. My teacher only taught us the graph, we didn't do any other examples of this :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Can someone please help me on this question?
This is question 7 from the June 2010 past paper

I don't understand question 7)d)...
I don't understand how you can tell that t has two solutions? if anyone has done this before, please help me out?

I watched exam solutions and it tell me to draw a CAST diagram, but there are no limits that I can see regarding this question? I mean yes, it says 0<t<12, but that doesn't really help for finding solutions in a CAST diagram.. usually they put out degrees or put it in radians e.g. 0<x<360 or something like -π/2 < x < π/2, but I can't see any limits for t on here?

The limits at the top for 7)a) is for alpha and not for t in equation H.

help anyone? I just don't understand how you know there is 2 solutions... I can't seem to find the limits.. without limits, there could be like 4 or 3 solutions or something...(i didn't get full marks as I only got 1 solution)... I have a feeling it's really easy and I'm just not seeing it

help? hope this makes sense, thanks

Markscheme for june 2010 paper
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam%20materials/6665_01_msc_20100716.pdf
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol I got an A at AS and I think I will get C overall :frown:
Original post by Bustamove
x

Find solutions for the function, then rearrange to get the values of t. Stop when you reach a value of t>12.
part b of the question- had a look at the mark scheme, why would you do what they did in the mark scheme ?
If a similar question came up what's the thought process. thanks
Original post by ThatPerson
Find solutions for the function, then rearrange to get the values of t. Stop when you reach a value of t>12.

ah is that it? LOL

ahahaha, thank you LOL :biggrin:
Original post by humayra.ac
part b of the question- had a look at the mark scheme, why would you do what they did in the mark scheme ?
If a similar question came up what's the thought process. thanks

Where is the mark scheme? I would just differentiate and set equal to zero and then isolate the e^x so as to take logs of both sides (and then conclude of course).
Original post by games211
Lol I got an A at AS and I think I will get C overall :frown:

You'll be fine !!! Remember you from the bm6 thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending