The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tggfootymad
If a 'how far did the Nazis consolidate power by 1933' or whatever came up, rather than the multi-factor question, how would everyone tackle that? I think that's much harder to write convincingly about

Well you would use similar factors but just split them into the successful and not so successful i guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swagyolo420
Well you would use similar factors but just split them into the successful and not so successful i guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

But then you'd probably have to include things like army worrying about nazi radicals, churches remaining independent, SA calling for a second revolution...
Reply 1262
Original post by cuppa
But then you'd probably have to include things like army worrying about nazi radicals, churches remaining independent, SA calling for a second revolution...

You would have to mention these without alluding to the Night of the Long Knives etc though. As its outside the time frame.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Literally everybody wants this question😂😂

I hope edexcel dont read this and go f*** these guys noway are doing a consolidation question:-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
If consolidation does cope up it better come up as a judgement question or else I'll probably panic or something.
Original post by cuppa
If consolidation does cope up it better come up as a judgement question or else I'll probably panic or something.

I know, I think it's a much harder question, although probably - or hopefully - less likely.
Original post by CD223
You would have to mention these without alluding to the Night of the Long Knives etc though. As its outside the time frame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would you go about answering the 'how far did the nazis consolidate power by the end of 1933' type question?

Any yes, no knowledge needed of post-33 stuff, it's just not in the timeframe that the exam will be testing. Good to have as background I guess.
Reply 1267
How would you go about answering the 'how far did the nazis consolidate power by the end of 1933' type question?

Any yes, no knowledge needed of post-33 stuff, it's just not in the timeframe that the exam will be testing. Good to have as background I guess.

I would argue mainly yes, with two paragraphs on why they did and a final one saying how they still had some restrictions. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I would argue mainly yes, with two paragraphs on why they did and a final one saying how they still had some restrictions. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd do the same. I think the restrictions/ways in which they didn't consolidate power is harder to write about concretely. What sort of things would you include in that paragraph? I think the arguing in favour part is similar to the other type of question we could get on this.
I'd do the same. I think the restrictions/ways in which they didn't consolidate power is harder to write about concretely. What sort of things would you include in that paragraph? I think the arguing in favour part is similar to the other type of question we could get on this.

I suppose you could mention how there was perhaps consolidating still left to do for example briefly mention the night of the long knives x
Original post by Bunny2014
I suppose you could mention how there was perhaps consolidating still left to do for example briefly mention the night of the long knives x

Yes, but talking about post-33 consolidation to prove the point means you're going off the time period, which they won't really credit. It's a difficult one....
Yes, but talking about post-33 consolidation to prove the point means you're going off the time period, which they won't really credit. It's a difficult one....

Yes I know... I don't mean put that in as a factor otherwise one would get penalised for that however including the night of the long knives at the end wouldn't lose marks if anything it would show how power wasn't ultimately consolidated at the end of 1933 x
Original post by Bunny2014
Yes I know... I don't mean put that in as a factor otherwise one would get penalised for that however including the night of the long knives at the end wouldn't lose marks if anything it would show how power wasn't ultimately consolidated at the end of 1933 x

Yes definitely, definitely. What other big points would you put to show that power wasn't consolidated by the end of 1933?
Okay can anyone just like... Pity me and give me an essay plan for Final Solution because I'll die before I make this coherent omg
What about this: 'How far did Hitler consolidate his power after 1933?'

It seems like a stretch but perhaps possible?

Or maybe: 'How far was Hitler's power consolidated after 1933?' - so the effects of consolidation :smile:

Consolidation should come up, but in what form is the question.

What do you guys think?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tow

Or maybe: 'How far was Hitler's power consolidated after 1933?' - do the effects of consolidation :smile:

What do you guys think?

That's too much a stretch IMO. If they wanted to ask something like this they'd probably just go with a WW2 opposition question or something
Original post by cuppa
That's too much a stretch IMO. If they wanted to ask something like this they'd probably just go with a WW2 opposition question or something

Idk... I think it's entirely possible.
Reply 1277
Original post by Tow

Or maybe: 'How far was Hitler's power consolidated after 1933?' - so the effects of consolidation :smile:

What do you guys think?

That can't come up as its in the controversy specification and not in part a.

If consolidation comes up at all in part a, it will only be up until July 1933.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
That can't come up as its in the controversy specification and not in part a.

If consolidation comes up at all in part a, it will only be up until July 1933.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was what i was just about to say aha x
I've got an Edexcel A2 History exam on the 8th June. However, I'm doing England & Restoration 1629-1668.

I haven't even started revision. I'm planning on starting tomorrow 3 hours everyday and doing 1 whole past paper and handing it in on Monday when Sixth-form College starts & collecting it on Thurs-Friday for feedback.

I got an B at AS (unit1: 54. unit2: 98) and I got my coursework mark 39/50 (b) from my teacher. However,
I'm aiming for an 'E' on this exam - 40% as I'll be happy with a C overall in History as I'm on track for A/A* in maths & Physics. No motivation to revise for this exam.

Anybody else got their coursework grade back from their teacher? I know its subject to change as your coursework will be moderated.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending