The Student Room Group

Name change?

Like an idiot, I changed my middle name and surname. I now regret it and my passport has m new name. What would I need to do in order to change it back?
Time travel.
What I don't understand is how can you change your name to a name you don't like and want to go back to your old name which is the reason why you changed your name in the first place??????
I think you need to seek legal advice, they will know what to do and the process of reversing it, if that is possible, otherwise you may need to do a change of name again back to the original? I'm not sure but good luck. You don't like the new name?
Reply 4
Original post by RevisionNad
I think you need to seek legal advice, they will know what to do and the process of reversing it, if that is possible, otherwise you may need to do a change of name again back to the original? I'm not sure but good luck. You don't like the new name?

Nope. I don't feel my surname goes well with my first name. :frown:
How much is it to change a name anyway
Reply 6
Original post by Freddy_Kruger
How much is it to change a name anyway

£75
Original post by SashaF
£75

OMG lol I'm gonna change my name
Reply 8
LOOOL.
Just dont be an idiot like me.
I want to get rid of my middle name
OMG lol I'm gonna change my name
Original post by SashaF
LOOOL.
Just dont be an idiot like me.
I want to get rid of my middle name

How old are you
Reply 10
How old are you
actually you don't have to pay to change your name, you just need to pay to get your new passport, everything else is free, and the easiest way would be to change it back via deed poll, which just needs to state your current name and the name you want to go by in the future, and then has two spaces for witness signatures saying its not for any illegal purposes. no paying necessary
Reply 12
Original post by Cali_lewis
actually you don't have to pay to change your name, you just need to pay to get your new passport, everything else is free, and the easiest way would be to change it back via deed poll, which just needs to state your current name and the name you want to go by in the future, and then has two spaces for witness signatures saying its not for any illegal purposes. no paying necessary

Would I not need a solicitor? I regret it so much. Why was I being an idiot. :frown:
Original post by SashaF
Would I not need a solicitor? I regret it so much. Why was I being an idiot. :frown:

No you don't its a common misconception, i changed my surname and a solicitor is not needed. google for a template to print out thats easiest, it is literally free. then send it off with your new passport application and start changing ti everywhere else, you can print several off to sign and have the witnesses sign aswell to make it easier
i weep for humanity.
You do it via deed poll in the uK it wont cost a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending