The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else do AQA chemistry? I'm rolling through the unit 2 past papers but getting really depressed at them. They have stupid (99/100) 100% UMS boundaries with no hope of ever getting full marks because of silly errors and impossible mark schemes :frown:
Original post by Duskstar
Why would you plan on missing a grade?

lol I'm joking,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anti-Dirac
Anyone else do AQA chemistry? I'm rolling through the unit 2 past papers but getting really depressed at them. They have stupid (99/100) 100% UMS boundaries with no hope of ever getting full marks because of silly errors and impossible mark schemes :frown:

I do, the grade boundaries are stupidly high because there's no application and it's all just remembering what to write

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get that SS whilst missing your grade in Physics anyway :wink:

Original post by enaayrah
I think the other place may cut me some slack if I do apply though :erm:

What do you mean? :confused:
Original post by nurav11

Oxford don't crack down on your UMS grades like Cambridge does.

They never even find out ums

Posted from TSR Mobile
What colleges do you think you guys are going to apply to???
But if your UMS is good you can always put it in your personal statement or whatever when applying to that other place
Original post by nurav11

Nah we were talking about GCSEs. :smile: As well as coming from a low performing school, I had extenuating circumstances during my GCSEs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Number Nine
But if your UMS is good you can always put it in your personal statement or whatever when applying to that other place

:lol: I probably wouldn't put that in my personal statement
:lol: I probably wouldn't put that in my personal statement

Each to their own! How do you find out if your school classes as a low performing school?
Original post by Anti-Dirac

Yeah exactly, the UMS boundaries are actually ridiculous :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kawehi

I haven't thought about it fully yet but I think I've reduced my shortlist to King's St John's St Catherines and Clare :smile:
Original post by kawehi

Trinity
Original post by Number Nine
Each to their own! How do you find out if your school classes as a low performing school?

I'd say anything which falls a huge amount below the national average in terms of % getting 5 A*- C grades :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wawasan
I haven't thought about it fully yet but I think I've reduced my shortlist to King's St John's St Catherines and Clare :smile:

Original post by Renzhi10122
Trinity

Oooh good choices! It seems like most people on here are pretty into St John's and Trinity..
Renzhi what made you pick Trinity?
Also, have you guys been to any of the college open days?
I'd say anything which falls a huge amount below the national average in terms of % getting 5 A*- C grades :smile:

Do you know what the average is? I remember looking a while ago but I gave up after like 5 mins.. :colondollar:
Original post by kawehi
Oooh good choices! It seems like most people on here are pretty into St John's and Trinity..

I have to admit that over the past few days my mind over St John's changed, it is indeed quite special :biggrin:
I'm going to the July 2nd Open Days I think, and I should have a good look round some colelges during the Summer School if time permits
Original post by kawehi

Hmm, probably cos that's the place with the best reputation for maths. Also, it's a nice place, accomodation is pretty nice, and everyone I know through olympiad connections is going there.
Original post by kawehi
Do you know what the average is? I remember looking a while ago but I gave up after like 5 mins.. :colondollar:

The official government figure for England was 53.4% :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending