The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imran_
Hey guys i'd really appreciate it if someone could help me, I got around 63 for c1 and 60-62 for c2. How many marks would I need in s1 to overall an A?

Depends on the grade boundaries, of course, and how others did, but I would say aim for 72-75. That way, even if you do get some wrong, you'll still be on par for an A.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lukejoshjames
Depends on the grade boundaries, of course, and how others did, but I would say aim for 72-75. That way, even if you do get some wrong, you'll still be on par for an A.

Really? That's a bit high I was thinking hitting just over 62, taking account of last years boundary by reducing an A to be 62 in c1 and keeping the same boundary for c2 as well as s1 as it stays consistent. That would give me 80 ums for c1, around 79 for c2 which totals 159. To achieve an A I would need 81+ ums. So I was thinking hitting 62 would be enough but idk now
Original post by imran_
Really? That's a bit high I was thinking hitting just over 62, taking account of last years boundary by reducing an A to be 62 in c1 and keeping the same boundary for c2 as well as s1 as it stays consistent. That would give me 80 ums for c1, around 79 for c2 which totals 159. To achieve an A I would need 81+ ums. So I was thinking hitting 62 would be enough but idk now

Maybe, but why take the chance and aim lower? If statistics turns out to be an easy paper for many then grade boundaries will be higher, so you'd have to do better. realistically, the maximum you'd have to get in the worst possible situation is around 68, but why not aim for 70-75?
Original post by imran_
Hey guys i'd really appreciate it if someone could help me, I got around 63 for c1 and 60-62 for c2. How many marks would I need in s1 to overall an A?

Let's say according to last years ....
if you got an 63 C1 and let's go with the worst case scenario of 60 then you would need a minimum of 61 marks in S1 to get an overall A
Hope this helped :smile:
Original post by TheMathsMan
Let's say according to last years ....
if you got an 63 C1 and let's go with the worst case scenario of 60 then you would need a minimum of 61 marks in S1 to get an overall A

Thank you!
Original post by Anon-
Pretty good, I'm quite confident for any pure Maths paper. Mechanics is my problem :frown:

I know how you feel, mechanics is next week :s-smilie:
Okay so I know it been over a week since c2 but on my paper for one or maybe two questions I may have had a lot of working with different answers but my correct answer was the last answer I had got, I think I double ruled it but I didn't cross the incorrect working out or answers before it, would I lose all the mark?????
Original post by infinity4ever
Okay so I know it been over a week since c2 but on my paper for one or maybe two questions I may have had a lot of working with different answers but my correct answer was the last answer I had got, I think I double ruled it but I didn't cross the incorrect working out or answers before it, would I lose all the mark?????

All maths mark schemes instruct them to mark all attempts not crossed out and give you the highest mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
All maths mark schemes instruct them to mark all attempts not crossed out and give you the highest mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohhhhh okay thanks:smile:
Reply 3670
For the area of the shaded region I used the area of the triangle and that gave me a different answer Would I loose all the marks?the integration quest
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sarfo
For the area of the shaded region I used the area of the triangle and that gave me a different answer Would I loose all the marks?the integration quest

The integration question ...
there was an area above the x axis and below ... so you work them out separately doing the integration shiz and then one would come out as a negative but you can't have a negative area .... so then you turn it positive and add it to the other area you obtained. :smile:
You would not lose all marks ... but you would lose a few ...
you get marks for attempting integration ....
the way I'd put it is you get the first two method marks in subbing in your x values into the integrated equation.... then the next two marks would be doing the next two x values into the equation then the last A1 mark would be adding them to get an overall answer
Original post by TheMathsMan
The integration question ...
there was an area above the x axis and below ... so you work them out separately doing the integration shiz and then one would come out as a negative but you can't have a negative area .... so then you turn it positive and add it to the other area you obtained. :smile:
You would not lose all marks ... but you would lose a few ...
you get marks for attempting integration ....
the way I'd put it is you get the first two method marks in subbing in your x values into the integrated equation.... then the next two marks would be doing the next two x values into the equation then the last A1 mark would be adding them to get an overall answer

Also for your triangle ... I don't think it is needed in the question ... but for that one use of it does not take away all the marks .... if you did what I mentioned above then you would gain some method marks :smile:
what do u guys think the grade boundaries are for the c2 paper this year:redface:
Original post by shwetasethi123
what do u guys think the grade boundaries are for the c2 paper this year:redface:

30 for an A 65 for a C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3675
Original post by imran_
30 for an A 65 for a C

Posted from TSR Mobile

:danceboy:
Original post by shwetasethi123

I'm praying that 40 UMS is an A.
Can anyon give me a link for unofficial mark scheme for c2 please?? :smile:
wow that was hard exam...even more than c1!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending