The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Plus in all the subjects i want to take for A-levels , i need to at least get an A, what is rather more disturbing is that most of my science teachers said that there's no point of taking any science subject this year (next academic year) if you don't get an A* in the GCSE exam....what are people thoughts on this, is there any point of doing any science subject next year if you don't get an A* at GCSE????
Hiya! Anyone else going to take Welsh for A-level? I will have sat 33 exams for my GCSE's when I finish my remaining five....and they say that GCSE's are easy on you, haha!
Original post by Fabthelion
i still have loads :frown:

History AQA paper 1 and 2
Biology high OCR B4, B5, B6
Chemistry high OCR C123 and C456
Physics high OCR P123 and P456
Maths Edexcel higher paper calc and non-calc
Psychology paper 1 and 2 (cant remember the exam board)
Economics OCR paper 1 (unit 1&2) and paper 2 (unit 3)
English language (omg!!)
Italian higher paper list and read (this is my last exam on the 22nd of June)

Wish me luck guys :eek::h:

Oo0, woah... Good luck dude, that's a lot
Original post by Firenze26
Oo0, woah... Good luck dude, that's a lot

Thanks mate :biggrin:, to be honest, i need all the luck i can get haha :biggrin::biggrin:
i still have loads :frown:

History AQA paper 1 and 2
Biology high OCR B4, B5, B6
Chemistry high OCR C123 and C456
Physics high OCR P123 and P456
Maths Edexcel higher paper calc and non-calc
Psychology paper 1 and 2 (cant remember the exam board)
Economics OCR paper 1 (unit 1&2) and paper 2 (unit 3)
English language (omg!!)
Italian higher paper list and read (this is my last exam on the 22nd of June)

Wish me luck guys :h:

Oh my! How do you have so many left?? Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
Original post by aliceb1
Oh my! How do you have so many left?? Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

I don't even know, i guess it's the curse of taking these subjects with weird exam boards haha and i barely had any exams before the half term, i've only completed RS paper 1&2, English Lit (both papers) French (both list and read) and First part of Bio (b1,b2,b3)
I don't even know, i guess it's the curse of taking these subjects with weird exam boards haha and i barely had any exams before the half term, i've only completed RS paper 1&2, English Lit (both papers) French (both list and read) and First part of Bio (b1,b2,b3)

Ahh, well i guess I was lucky as I sat 8 of mine in year 10, another 8 in January, 3 in March and the rest since....... Well, good luck!!
Well, fortunately for me, I only have my English Language Unit 1 and 2 re-sits, Methods 2 and Application 2 in maths and my Physics re-sit left to do....but I am revising for my English in a few ways....part of it we have to write a story, and I was wondering if some of you could take a look at my blog and tell me what you think? It is https://etvivetinrisus.wordpress.com Thaanks!! Good luck guys, we CAN and WILL do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plus in all the subjects i want to take for A-levels , i need to at least get an A, what is rather more disturbing is that most of my science teachers said that there's no point of taking any science subject this year (next academic year) if you don't get an A* in the GCSE exam....what are people thoughts on this, is there any point of doing any science subject next year if you don't get an A* at GCSE????

Nop that's rubbish you can carry on with a B easily just depends on how dedicated you are. A would be ideal though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've still got 13 left after half term! I'm going to die from exhaustion :frown:
Original post by irfan_blue
Nop that's rubbish you can carry on with a B easily just depends on how dedicated you are. A would be ideal though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

aha well for my schools sixth form you need an at least an A to do the subject so an A would be pretty much ideal!
Original post by turn-to-page394
Hopefully, aha, thanks :smile:
I'll get there even if it means dragging myself to my last exam....

How's summer term going for you? :tongue:

:hugs:

CA, exam, test and homework-filled. :tongue: :mmm: I think you Y11s have it worse though. XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol when you can't be bothered to revise. No motivation and just don't care anymore... :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
:hugs:

CA, exam, test and homework-filled. :tongue: :mmm: I think you Y11s have it worse though. XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, we do... :biggrin: Hope the CA is going fine - it was the bane of my existence in the summer term... *cough* geography *cough*

Original post by SampleX
Lol when you can't be bothered to revise. No motivation and just don't care anymore... :angry:
Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: That is literally me... I've wasted a week since my last exam and I'm not even half way through my exams.

So I'm going down the 'what have I done today' instead of the 'what I will do today' route. :smile: It's infinitely less stressful imo - adding stuff to a list of achievement rather then crossing off a never ending list...

Good luck for your remaining exams. I'm sure you'll do well :h:
Yeah, we do... :biggrin: Hope the CA is going fine - it was the bane of my existence in the summer term... *cough* geography *cough*

:biggrin: That is literally me... I've wasted a week since my last exam and I'm not even half way through my exams.

So I'm going down the 'what have I done today' instead of the 'what I will do today' route. :smile: It's infinitely less stressful imo - adding stuff to a list of achievement rather then crossing off a never ending list...

Good luck for your remaining exams. I'm sure you'll do well :h:

XD I have just totally given up, I'm going out tomorrow out, in work Friday and Saturday XD I also have an extremely painful blackhead in the crease where the side of my nose meets my face -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
XD I have just totally given up, I'm going out tomorrow out, in work Friday and Saturday XD I also have an extremely painful blackhead in the crease where the side of my nose meets my face -_-
Posted from TSR Mobile

Tmi tmi :biggrin:
Nah, I know the feeling - when everything is just ...urgh... (only way I could describe it :wink: )
Going out and working is probably the best thing you could do right now to get your mind off things.
:smile:
Original post by SSAA9
I feel like I'm not revising enough in the half term for some reason I'm feel quite relaxed

Original post by SampleX

Yup basically me right now

Some people out there who got an A in sciences at GCSE are doing medicine... so they would have had to take science at A-Level to do so!

but to be honest if you struggle with science and prefer and are better at other subjects, it might be wiser to to them, but A is fine for most schools (some even let you do it with B at GCSE)
Tmi tmi :biggrin:
Nah, I know the feeling - when everything is just ...urgh... (only way I could describe it :wink: )
Going out and working is probably the best thing you could do right now to get your mind off things.
:smile:

It's okay, I popped it! But, man, is it sore. I'm breaking out like crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
It's okay, I popped it! But, man, is it sore. I'm breaking out like crazy
Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice...........

:biggrin:

Latest