The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How many hours are we putting in a day? I've averaging 5 or 6, probably ought to work a bit more during the half term tbh.
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Let me guess - you'll pull the music, theology or history of art card on me. Or how arts students are so much more stupid then our hallowed STEM counterparts and how our grade requirements are so low. Or mayhaps how superior STEM students are to art students and how their careers are much better?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry but you are the one who started the argument by mentioning "STEM is overrated". Unnecessary tbh.
Original post by Krollo
How many hours are we putting in a day? I've averaging 5 or 6, probably ought to work a bit more during the half term tbh.

Ehhh, it varies. About the same as you. Basically, I work the entire day because I procrastinate a fair amount so working the whole day means that I get at least 6 hours in, even if the rest is pure procrastination :lol:
Original post by TheKhaleesi
Yeah :biggrin: that would be nice

Who else will be coming on the 2nd?

Me!!
Original post by BioStudentx
I'm sorry but you are the one who started the argument by mentioning "STEM is overrated". Unnecessary tbh.

Man, I was joking. Like, really, I mentioned those stereotypes of humanities subjects in purely a sarcastic manner.
Original post by Krollo

Probably about 5 but it really depends on how efficiently you work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thechemistress
Ehhh, it varies. About the same as you. Basically, I work the entire day because I procrastinate a fair amount so working the whole day means that I get at least 6 hours in, even if the rest is pure procrastination :lol:

Same, I'm probably at about 4 hours a day... Eeeek
Plus I only really started revising about 2/3 weeks ago :eek:, and I only just finished the my first past paper for S1 in about 2 months (the exam is in a week)..
So I'm feeling pretty crappy
#gonnafail (Read: not get full ums haha)
Original post by kawehi
Plus I only really started revising about 2/3 weeks ago :eek:, and I only just finished the my first past paper for S1 in about 2 months (the exam is in a week)..

Meh if you can do an s1 paper you'll be fine. I had to make notes because I'd literally forgotten everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I go by the same principle, I tend to work the whole day but waste soooo much time :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo

I think about the same. I never really count hours, I just set myself tasks and try to get them done :smile:
Original post by kawehi

Hahahahaha, you'll be fine dw :wink: lmao, I love how the definition of failure is not getting full UMS, it kills me :rofl:
I feel you tbh xD I haven't revised much unit 2- I've mainly procrastinated. But I know basically all of it from revision over Easter so I'm thinking a cram session the day before each exam should suffice :lol:
Biology though... I did a past paper today and got 81/100 :'( and then I checked the grade boundaries and apparently that's full UMS?! Boundary for an A was 64/100
Original post by samb1234
Meh if you can do an s1 paper you'll be fine. I had to make notes because I'd literally forgotten everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was pretty relieved I could manage any of it tbh, although I was pretty shocked that I couldn't do the basic probability questions (I've had to post a 'help me' thread in maths lol)
Original post by kawehi
Me!!

Yaay :biggrin: its going to be fun meeting you guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheKhaleesi
Yeah :biggrin: that would be nice

Who else will be coming on the 2nd?

I think quite a few of us :smile:
Original post by kawehi

Does anyone else talk to their classmates in the sense that not full UMS = failure? I do sometimes and it annoys the heck out of everyone :colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by Number Nine
Does anyone else talk to their classmates in the sense that not full UMS = failure? I do sometimes and it annoys the heck out of everyone :colondollar::colondollar:

I do for maths and chem, but the people I talk to like that are the ones who think like me i.e, less than 100UMS is a failure. Actually, less so for chem, since it's easy to lose marks.
Original post by samb1234

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made notes before the S1 exam aswell and only did a few papers as I had fp1 that morning aswell. With good notes and abit of understanding 80+ is easy. 100ums in S1 though thats hard lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahahaha, you'll be fine dw :wink: lmao, I love how the definition of failure is not getting full UMS, it kills me :rofl:
I feel you tbh xD I haven't revised much unit 2- I've mainly procrastinated. But I know basically all of it from revision over Easter so I'm thinking a cram session the day before each exam should suffice :lol:
Biology though... I did a past paper today and got 81/100 :'( and then I checked the grade boundaries and apparently that's full UMS?! Boundary for an A was 64/100

Whaaat that's literally exactly what happened with me for physics last night (like same grade boundaries and results and everything!) and I thought I did so crap because I left out 3 questions, but still full ums?? Agh who knows with these crazy exam boards..
Yeah, I'm just so bad at revising! It's just soo boring to go back over the easy stuff from the beginning of the year, so it's not until I'm actually in the exam that I realise I've forgotten all of it :lol:

I just keep quiet about my grades in general.

I occasionally do and people just laugh me out of the room :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending