The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wawasan
I think quite a few of us :smile:

What's happening on the 2nd? xD

Original post by kawehi
Whaaat that's literally exactly what happened with me for physics last night (like same grade boundaries and results and everything!) and I thought I did so crap because I left out 3 questions, but still full ums?? Agh who knows with these crazy exam boards..
Yeah, I'm just so bad at revising! It's just soo boring to go back over the easy stuff from the beginning of the year, so it's not until I'm actually in the exam that I realise I've forgotten all of it :lol:

Woahhhh, crazy :lol:
I'm not going to complain though, if they want to make grade boundaries low that's fine with me :wink:
Haha, ikr? I have this fear that I'll get into the exam and will have forgotten absolutely everything xD Fingers crossed that doesn't happen to either of us :tongue:
Original post by physicsmaths
I made notes before the S1 exam aswell and only did a few papers as I had fp1 that morning aswell. With good notes and abit of understanding 80+ is easy. 100ums in S1 though thats hard lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm getting pretty close in past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Number Nine
Does anyone else talk to their classmates in the sense that not full UMS = failure? I do sometimes and it annoys the heck out of everyone :colondollar::colondollar:

Not anymore, since people got seriously pissed at me the first couple of times. They don't seem to be able to comprehend that just getting an A isn't what I want- I need the UMS. It's difficult trying to get somebody to understand why you're upset about 87 UMS- even if it is an A, it's not a high A. But yeah, I've stopped mentioning it xD
Original post by thechemistress
Hahahahaha, you'll be fine dw :wink: lmao, I love how the definition of failure is not getting full UMS, it kills me :rofl:
I feel you tbh xD I haven't revised much unit 2- I've mainly procrastinated. But I know basically all of it from revision over Easter so I'm thinking a cram session the day before each exam should suffice :lol:
Biology though... I did a past paper today and got 81/100 :'( and then I checked the grade boundaries and apparently that's full UMS?! Boundary for an A was 64/100

Is this OCR Bio F212? It's the only exam where you can not even know like 1/2 the syllabus and still get 100% :biggrin:
Original post by samb1234
I'm getting pretty close in past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats really good then I could never as i made so many mistakes and got a whole question wrong in the exam and got 83/100 which wasnt too bad as it looked like a rogue score when really I was just **** at it lol.
Last year was 74/75 for 100ums so hopefully your year could have a similar exam and have same boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not going to complain though, if they want to make grade boundaries low that's fine with me :wink:
Haha, ikr? I have this fear that I'll get into the exam and will have forgotten absolutely everything xD Fingers crossed that doesn't happen to either of us :tongue:

I'll be praying for us both haha
With most of these exams, it's kind of an 'I don't know what I don't know' situation because I do most of my revision from past papers :s-smilie: So when they throw something new at me, I'm a bit iffy! NOT looking forward to OCRs crazy unit 2 science papers, though. I'm good with F321/F211 suggest/explain questions, but unit 2? :ahhhhh:
Original post by Anti-Dirac
Is this OCR Bio F212? It's the only exam where you can not even know like 1/2 the syllabus and still get 100% :biggrin:

Same boundaries for Physics G482, though! If you can read a data sheet, and know what electricity is, then you're set for full ums haha
Original post by physicsmaths
Thats really good then I could never as i made so many mistakes and got a whole question wrong in the exam and got 83/100 which wasnt too bad as it looked like a rogue score when really I was just **** at it lol.
Last year was 74/75 for 100ums so hopefully your year could have a similar exam and have same boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to my spreadsheet I'm averaging around 73. Mostly stupid mistakes but I've managed 75 twice (out of like 6 papers)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, OCR :lol: Good old OCR with their amazingly low grade boundaries :tongue:

Original post by kawehi
With most of these exams, it's kind of an 'I don't know what I don't know' situation because I do most of my revision from past papers :s-smilie: So when they throw something new at me, I'm a bit iffy! NOT looking forward to OCRs crazy unit 2 science papers, though. I'm good with F321/F211 suggest/explain questions, but unit 2? :ahhhhh:

Yeah, they can be insane D: unit 2 suggest questions are SO RANDOM, it's so annoying D: especially in biology, with all the biodiversity stuff :angry:
Original post by enaayrah
Yeah...
But what are you trying to say about Biochem applicants?:colonhash: :tongue:

I'm just saying that the average grades for an applicant at least really isn't as high as you'd think. Medicine applicants average GCSE A*s are like 7 and that's the highest for all courses so I'm guessing biochem will be like 4-5? Got nothing against biochems, it'll probably be my back up choice!
Original post by kawehi

OCR F212 is just such a large module it's ridiculous... But yeh, 80% for 100 is gorgeous :biggrin:
Yeah, OCR :lol: Good old OCR with their amazingly low grade boundaries :tongue:

Yeah, they can be insane D: unit 2 suggest questions are SO RANDOM, it's so annoying D: especially in biology, with all the biodiversity stuff :angry:

Aghh biodiversity is the bane of my existence! I lose all creativity during exams, so I can't think of the weird and obscure answers the mark scheme is looking for :/

Is it just me, or is it a little too easy to get full UMS? I know that average UMS for an offer holder is around 93%, which seems suspiciously low... Like, I'm definitely no child prodigy, but I've been getting on or close to full UMS all year. So, what's up with that? Am I just bad at marking or something?? It seems like most of you guys have been getting similar results too!
Original post by nurav11
OCR F212 is just such a large module it's ridiculous... But yeh, 80% for 100 is gorgeous :biggrin:

Yeah, I remember on like the first mock we did in class, when my teacher was talking about my grade, she said, "Well, you dropped 18 marks," and I was obviously a bit upset because 18 marks and then she says, "On the plus side, that's full UMS." :biggrin:
Original post by kawehi
Yeah, I remember on like the first mock we did in class, when my teacher was talking about my grade, she said, "Well, you dropped 18 marks," and I was obviously a bit upset because 18 marks and then she says, "On the plus side, that's full UMS." :biggrin:

The best feeling :biggrin:. And it counts for so much of the entire AS Level aswell! Like if we can just pull out anything 80+ which should be doable then we can't lose too much UMS in F211 and the practical so got to be knocking on the door of 100 overall :tongue:. Can't get too cocky though, got to get the F212 done first!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
The best feeling :biggrin:. And it counts for so much of the entire AS Level aswell! Like if we can just pull out anything 80+ which should be doable then we can't lose too much UMS in F211 and the practical so got to be knocking on the door of 100 overall :tongue:. Can't get too cocky though, got to get the F212 done first!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly!! How did you think F211 went?
Original post by kawehi

Thought it went well :smile:, didn't find the paper too hard. I know I lost 3 marks for sure through very silly errors and will probably lose a couple more through some vague marking point but considering 100 last year was 54 and my teacher thought this was slightly harder, then it looks good aha. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kawehi

F211 was pretty hard but manageable. I think grade boundaries may be slightly lower than normal which can only be a good thing for us. AQA Physics unit 1 on the other hand... :angry:

The Open Days!
F211 was pretty hard but manageable. I think grade boundaries may be slightly lower than normal which can only be a good thing for us. AQA Physics unit 1 on the other hand... :angry:

It seemed quite weird, really application based which F211 normally isn't but there wasn't any 'design an experiment' question and eventually, it seemed to go fine. It was OCR Chem which I didn't like...

Some of the Hitler parodies on AQA Physics are great :tongue:, sounded bad.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wawasan
The Open Days!

Coming on the 2nd too! Have you booked for any individual colleges aswell or just the whole?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending