Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Anyone firming an offer for Management? :biggrin:
firmed an unconditional for accounting and finance
Firmed Accounting and Finance :smile:
Original post by G Menon
Hi! I firmed Lancaster for Accounting, Finance and Maths with a conditional offer of AAB and I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether they would be likely to accept me with A*BB or ABB (with the A/A* in maths)? Thanks! :smile:

I asked on a department day and they said they accepted everyone who got a grade below their offer last year, so I reckon they would!
Reply 445
Original post by bishbashbosh88
I asked on a department day and they said they accepted everyone who got a grade below their offer last year, so I reckon they would!

Oh great! Thank you :smile:
No worries happy to help :smile:
Offer for Marketing and Design!
Unconditional Offer to study Bsc Economics :biggrin:!
Reply 449
Hi, I firmed Lancaster to study Maths with a conditional offer of AAB, anyone else?
Reply 450
Lucky you my offers 3 A's! Wish they did unconditionals for maths but then again doubt id get one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there everybody! I'm currently a first year at Lancaster University, and I'd like to invite you to try out for Lancaster University's American Football team. I appreciate that there is still a while to go until you get to Lancaster, however there is a Facebook page for people to join if they have any questions for the executive who are more than happy to help. Dates for trails etc. will be posted when the date is nearer and whether you've never seen a game before or you're a big fan, we look forward to meeting you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post on the group, or message me directly on TSR (I am the club secretary). Best of luck with your exams!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1459557974336562/

Liam
Reply 452
My offer would be AAA without further maths. If only I had an unconditional from Lancaster that would have been amazing, I got one from Keele but really didn't want to go there and Lancasters like my dream uni so I declined it. What college are you looking at and what A levels are you doing?
Original post by aqw010203
Hi, may I have the reading list for the first year Biomedicine and the timetable please? :smile:

There isn't much of a reading list in first year; every lecturer gives you relevant literature during lectures saying to read whichever pages in whatever book. Only two books were compulsory to buy, really. But to be honest, I wouldn't bother - the library is great and they're just finishing renowating it. I never had problems with getting any books to get extra reading done.
As for the timetable, I don't think I can access mine from last year, sorry - can only access the current year one. Basically though you have 15 modules, all compulsory (unless something changes) during first year; modules run in 3s and they change every 5 weeks. At the end of every module you have End of Module Test that is assessed and contributes to your grade. This consists of true/false/don't know questions and is negatively marked. Also, you have to complete perception tests for every module weekly based on the content of lectures, workshops, seminars or practicals - you can take tests as many times as you like until you get 100% in them. I'd recommend doing that, easy way to lift up your average a bit.
I had approximately 3 lectures for each module weekly, if I remember correctly... an hour long. So around 9 hours of lectures + practicals etc. Don't think it was ever more than 17-18 hours, but really, can't remember, sorry.
Overall, first year is not too bad, really. Just take care to get the most of feedback from your coursework, comes in handy during 2nd year.
Original post by Phoebexxx
I firmed an unconditional for Geography/North America BA! :smile: x

Be careful, LEC is the most rubbish and terrible department to treat students... Feedback on courseworks is awful and teaching office personnel is a joke...
But congrats and hope you like it anyway :smile: x
Original post by EliseWoods
I'm between bowland and county but I'm not really to sure how to decide, you?

Bowland 'til you die, choose it!
(As a Bowlander, I'm totally not biased...at all. It really is a wonderful college!)
Original post by Mochassassin
Bowland 'til you die, choose it!
(As a Bowlander, I'm totally not biased...at all. It really is a wonderful college!)

Bowland has better location than County although County has some very nice accommodation... :smile: And I'm not biased, not in either of them ha! :biggrin:
I've got an unconditional offer for this September, accepted it :smile:
Original post by lastlullabyy
Bowland has better location than County although County has some very nice accommodation... :smile: And I'm not biased, not in either of them ha! :biggrin:

True, but Bowland has the refurbished Tower now, which is the newest accom on campus to date. I'm currently in there atm, it's pricey but worth it! :smile:
I do love how County isn't so central though - it's very picturesque and looks fancy! Plus, has the best views when the fireworks and campus festivals happen near the roundhouse thingy! :biggrin:
P.S congrats to all of you with conditional/unconditional offers. Y'all will love it here. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending