The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
well I figure if I go back into education then it's either to do IT or Sociology basically as they are the only courses I am interested in that they do locally.

I don't want to have to travel to far to do a course cause I know my motivation won't be there to do that.

even if I can do the courses I then have to hope my sleep/anxiety don't stop me from going in.

idk, but I have to do something, I can't work right now so education is the only option really, which is fine, just I don't know if my health will let me do even that :erm:

just sitting at home bores me & I just end up feeling worse because of it so I know I can't just stay here either though.

Are you getting CBT for your anxiety?

I think trying to do a course in IT or sociology sounds good but it does sound like a big step - do you mean at university or a college or...? Perhaps you could take a less pressured class before jumping in at the deep end? Like I just said to odd socks often there are things available locally, something low stress that you enjoy and hopefully that would mean your anxiety wouldn't get in the way so much. Where I lived in the UK the Mind charity was quite active; they had loads of stuff and I found them really good as they understood mental health limitations, so that might be worth checking out.
Original post by Odd socks
those are all really good ideas but I'm so useless I fail at everything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Odd socks, I don't think that's true. Everyone has their own unique talents. My memory sucks but was it you doing the roller derby? Perhaps get some bigish rocks and go to your local park and practice your skating around the rocks. You'd be amazed at the cool stuff you can learn on skates, and it would really help your technique for the roller derby. Youtube has loads of instructional videos.

I read your argument with Vlad and I think he came off incredibly arrogant and dismissive. He's a bit of a meanie. Someone other than me must be dealing with the MH thread approval and I know it can be difficult when you see people posting triggering or upsetting content so you do make a difference there. Ignore Vlad. :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
Odd socks, I don't think that's true. Everyone has their own unique talents. My memory sucks but was it you doing the roller derby? Perhaps get some bigish rocks and go to your local park and practice your skating around the rocks. You'd be amazed at the cool stuff you can learn on skates, and it would really help your technique for the roller derby. Youtube has loads of instructional videos.

I read your argument with Vlad and I think he came off incredibly arrogant and dismissive. He's a bit of a meanie. Someone other than me must be dealing with the MH thread approval and I know it can be difficult when you see people posting triggering or upsetting content so you do make a difference there. Ignore Vlad. :hugs:

I was skating but I gave it up because I got really intimidated by the people there and I was worried I'd get hurt :frown: see, I never finish things or follow them through

he's just confirming what my brain has been telling me for years. what the universe has been trying to tell me for years. it's dawning on me that the reason I feel so out of place in the world is because I wasn't supposed to be here I was a mistake and I always will be. I don't feel like a proper person

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was skating but I gave it up because I got really intimidated by the people there and I was worried I'd get hurt :frown: see, I never finish things or follow them through

he's just confirming what my brain has been telling me for years. what the universe has been trying to tell me for years. it's dawning on me that the reason I feel so out of place in the world is because I wasn't supposed to be here I was a mistake and I always will be. I don't feel like a proper person

Posted from TSR Mobile

Worrying about getting injured is a pretty reasonable reason to stop doing it - it's obviously just not your thing. That doesn't mean you can't find something else that fits better though, you shouldn't let the experience put you off trying other new things.

I don't believe that at all. Everyone has their place you just haven't found yours yet. Please don't give up. I know I don't really know you but I see you offering advice and helping people on here and that's great. You study pharmacy (I think...) so you'll be able to help others with that once you graduate too. You're pretty attractive as well (sorry :colondollar: ) so I think, whether guy or girl, you'll find someone who loves you for you - I felt a lot like you in the past but these past few years with getting married and living with someone I care about and who cares about me really makes me feel like a "proper person", that I'm not totally useless and I'm starting to find my place. Sorry this is probably not all that helpful, I'm kinda **** with advice, but if you ever want to PM or anything feel free.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly you are a good kind smart person who deserves to be happy. Second everything isn't your fault and you don't do everything wrong.you are talented and lovely. Your paintings are really good and being intimidated is an okay reason to not do something. I haven't been to trampolining at all this year because there's too many people and I worry I'll look bad for not improving fast enough. Being scared of getting hurt is rational it's healthy but extrapolating that to saying you never finish anything is wrong. You did your exams and finished the year which is awesome
You were in that play a while ago. You went out last week even though you didn't feel like it. Those are all good things that you have succeeded in.
We like you being here, and the person you are now is not a mistake. Sure you might have muddled your way to this point but it is who you are and you are awesome.

I had an hour nap at 6 since I'd been awake since 2am and when I tried for another nap an hour ago I failed miserably. Can't get to sleep so am going to grab a shower and some energy drink and learn the lectures for tomorrow's exam. Hopefully will manage a nap around 4/5 then have 3 ish hours to learn the drugs list.

Not feeling confident at all, I've been avoiding this topic all year because I hate it and lack of motivation to work plus no one setting work/reading on it means I haven't been forced to look at it. I'd feel better if I knew I'd passed at least one of my other exams because it would take some of the pressure off but 40% of the ones I have done today/Saturday are in separate exams on Friday/Tuesday so I need to so well in those too to pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're an amazing person, don't let some douche bag bring you down - you've accomplished so much with so many cards being stacked against you. you should be proud, MHSS definitely is! hope your;e feeling ok soon. here if you need anything,
Tw

Spoiler

Original post by ScaryScience
Tw

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just found out the pass mark tomorrow is 50% not 65. So happy, in an exhausted sleep deprived kind of way.
Original post by Sabertooth
Are you getting CBT for your anxiety?

I think trying to do a course in IT or sociology sounds good but it does sound like a big step - do you mean at university or a college or...? Perhaps you could take a less pressured class before jumping in at the deep end? Like I just said to odd socks often there are things available locally, something low stress that you enjoy and hopefully that would mean your anxiety wouldn't get in the way so much. Where I lived in the UK the Mind charity was quite active; they had loads of stuff and I found them really good as they understood mental health limitations, so that might be worth checking out.

not at the moment, I have a review with a psychiatrist next week then they will decide what to do about meds & therapy through CMHT, I have a normal therapy appointment on 2nd July as well so I can talk to them about it a bit which should help hopefully though it's a new therapist so I don't know them. I have diazepam again now as well but obviously I can't really rely on that if I go back to education really.

it would be like college/a-level type stuff so not overly demanding but still I guess a big step since I've not really been properly in education in 3 years now. my mum suggested doing like a summer course programme at a Uni or something (she offered to pay for it) so I might do that to help me get back used to things, Mind I think do a local drop in thing at our local library so I might go that & see what they can offer yeah
Original post by Valvopus
Just found out the pass mark tomorrow is 50% not 65. So happy, in an exhausted sleep deprived kind of way.

that sounds good if it's less demanding then, good luck! :smile:

:hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by Anon #2
At least you tried! :tongue:

I somehow messed up my browser and logged myself out of TSR, I can't remember my password for my old account or my password for the email address I used to sign up with! :facepalm: So I guess this is my new account :colondollar: (also my third :ninja:)

You could post in Ask a Community Team member and they can help you gain access to your old account.
Original post by Anon #2
At least you tried! :tongue:

I somehow messed up my browser and logged myself out of TSR, I can't remember my password for my old account or my password for the email address I used to sign up with! :facepalm: So I guess this is my new account :colondollar: (also my third :ninja:)

Oh no. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Took a zopiclone to me sleep last night. :/
Original post by moment of truth
:hugs: same

:jumphug: It sucks.

sorry I'm
being no
help to people tonight I'm feeling really crap I just want to give up I've got months of having no purpose to deal with this summer and I'm. not even able to be a mod on here tho it has been made very clear to
me that I'm **** anyway and useless and don't do anything important on here anyway so whatever

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're a fab mod. :penguinhug:
Got a card from my parents meant to cheer me up, but it just seems to have reminded me how crap I feel. :frown:

Starting to think I should tell my job offer that it's just not going to work out - I'm too ill, and even if I get better I'll only be there for two months max.
sleeping the day away it seems, need to see my gp but i cant be bothered anymore. just cant be bothered with anything

Spoiler

I feel sore all over. My muscles are tired and sore, and throbbing.

Latest