The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Biology B2 (GCSE)

Does anyone have any predictions as to what topics could come up on the GCSE Edexcel Biology exam this year? (Friday 5th June)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hi I am doing the same exam. I am actually worried. :s-smilie: I guess water transport might come up. I have a feeling that the 6 markers are gonna be hard. :/ What did you get in your mock?
Reply 2
In my first mock I got a C in biology but in my mock that I did two weeks ago I got an A so I'm feeling quite confident. I'm not really sure to be honest, my teacher gave us a list of topics that could come up and I'll tell you them if you want. What did you get in your mock?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Habzyy
In my first mock I got a C in biology but in my mock that I did two weeks ago I got an A so I'm feeling quite confident. I'm not really sure to be honest, my teacher gave us a list of topics that could come up and I'll tell you them if you want. What did you get in your mock?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah tell me the topics please. We done 2 mocks as well. In the december one I got a B and then the one we done in February I got a B again because I didn't revise lol. The one I am the least prepared for is Physics. :/
Reply 4
Oh yeah don't worry, I'm most concerned about Physics too, its just full of stuff I'm not bothered about tbh.
The topics that are most likely to come up are:
-Extraction of DNA (experiment)
-Enzymes
-The Human Genome Project (never come up)
-Mitosis and Meisos (comes up every single year)
-Cloning Mammals (not seen much on it)
-Stem cells (not come up much)
-Plants (exam board loves them so comes up all the time)
-Evolution and Fossils
-Distribution of organisms (never seen)
-Genetic engineering
- Heart and Digestive system (exam board loves these)
-Functional foods

That's about it I think, yeah that's a lot but we gotta work our arses off now, good luck xo
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Habzyy
Oh yeah don't worry, I'm most concerned about Physics too, its just full of stuff I'm not bothered about tbh.
-Enzymes
-Evolution and Fossils
-Genetic engineering
-Functional foods

That's about it I think, yeah that's a lot but we gotta work our arses off now, good luck xo

Yupp you are right. I think these are the topics that have a chance of coming up. I have a feeling there is gonna be a 6 marker on heart. Omgg I hate the way examiners always put the plant topic in. I absolutely hate it. :frown: Anyway how do you revise? Do you do past papers or just read off notes? And thank you so much for the topics. :smile:
Reply 6
It's fine :smile: I don't know, for science its different because I can't really write notes, I just read from the revision guide then learn it then answer past exam questions later on. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Habzyy
It's fine :smile: I don't know, for science its different because I can't really write notes, I just read from the revision guide then learn it then answer past exam questions later on. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I don't write notes. I basically read from the revision guide and then answer the questions on the workbook and do past papers as well. The workbook is really good. Are you ready for B2 then?
Reply 8
I've almost finished with biology and chemistry, I need to start going over physics aaaahhh, with a week left I'm gonna be dead, I've got RE and Geography revision to do though. I feel like I'm almost ready, wbu?
Original post by Habzyy
I've almost finished with biology and chemistry, I need to start going over physics aaaahhh, with a week left I'm gonna be dead, I've got RE and Geography revision to do though. I feel like I'm almost ready, wbu?

Omg I am doing geography as well. Geography is driving me mad. :frown: There is just too much information. I seriously dont know which one to focus on but science is my priority. I need to do well. What examboard are you doing for geography?
Omg if the Human Genome project came up as a 6 mark question, I would be the happiest kid! Like the advantages and disadvantages , I really hope meiosis doesn't come up or fossils.
Reply 11
Science is defo my priority rn, we're doing WJEC for geography, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Omds same, I absolutely hate mitosis and meiosis, its so confusing ughhh. The human genome project has never come up right? That's chill af, fingers crossed it comes up as a six marker this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Habzyy
Science is defo my priority rn, we're doing WJEC for geography, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are doing Edexcel for geography. It's so difficult! There is so much information. I think Edexcel is the hardest examboard. :/
Original post by sarahali_00
Omg if the Human Genome project came up as a 6 mark question, I would be the happiest kid! Like the advantages and disadvantages , I really hope meiosis doesn't come up or fossils.

Yeah if the Human Genome project came up, it would be so easy but I dont think mitosis and meiosis will come up because it came up before. I think this time the 6 marker might be about water transport or plants. :/ I hate the whole plant section.
Reply 15
I'm fine with plants cause I started revising them in January, then I gave up revision but surprisingly I remember it all really well, so fingers crossed all the 6 markers are easy. In Core Science they weren't particularly hard were they? I got an A in bio in core science, let's hope I can get the same this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Yeah apparently it is really hard doing edexcel for geography, my friend did it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Habzyy
I'm fine with plants cause I started revising them in January, then I gave up revision but surprisingly I remember it all really well, so fingers crossed all the 6 markers are easy. In Core Science they weren't particularly hard were they? I got an A in bio in core science, let's hope I can get the same this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I done core science last year and got 3 A's so overall my grade was an A. I want A's for additional and further additional really bad. What did you get for core science last year as a whole? I didn't like core biology. I started crying after the exam. I thought I done that bad but then when I saw my result, I saw that I was actually only 1 UMS mark of an A*. lol
Reply 18
Wow one UMS mark off an A* must have killed you, I got a B overall unfortunately, I got an A in Biology and Physics but the B in chemistry bought it down. I'm hoping to try really hard and get an A on additional science but I highly doubt it. Good luck, you have five days left for that biology exam haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Habzyy
-Enzymes
-Evolution and Fossils
-Genetic engineering
-Functional foods

Sorry to interfere, but is this for the IGCSE this friday? bilogy? edexcel?

Quick Reply

Latest