The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jid12
So I emailed Capita for an update and they told me that assessments in all locations have been completed and that due to the high number of candidates assessed, it would likely be mid June before we all find out the outcome. They did say that they would contact all candidates whether they are successful or not.

This is annoying me now because myself and my partner will have to move house if I get the apprenticeship and our contract with our current landlord is coming up for review in the next few weeks... I don't want to commit myself to another 6 months and then get the apprenticeship or vice versa :frown: wish they'd just let us know, especially as I applied on 12th February...
Mid June are you kidding me!!! :frown:
Original post by Jid12
So I emailed Capita for an update and they told me that assessments in all locations have been completed and that due to the high number of candidates assessed, it would likely be mid June before we all find out the outcome. They did say that they would contact all candidates whether they are successful or not.

So why have I and others already been contacted?
Reply 463
Original post by Jy1997
Cyber Security was my 2nd choice. Finance was my first.

wut... 2 completely different roles, could barely be any more opposite. I would understand if IT software engineering would be your first and CS 2nd, or finance and accounting 2nd, but CS after finance?

Not trying to offend, but just out of curiosity, do you know what cyber security means and entails? Besides the general definition of the phrase.
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone else heard anything today? Especially the leeds assessment centre people?:smile:
Original post by Gabdasilva
Has anyone else heard anything today? Especially the leeds assessment centre people?:smile:

I haven't heard anything today or recently but around start of May I was told I was successful and they'd get back to me end of May about what I am actually doing! Have you heard anything back?
Original post by Samrichman
I haven't heard anything today or recently but around start of May I was told I was successful and they'd get back to me end of May about what I am actually doing! Have you heard anything back?

No I haven't, I remember you from my assessment centre! You must have been the strongest one out of the afternoon. I hope I get some sort of offer but so far it is bad news.
Reply 467
Original post by Miyata
wut... 2 completely different roles, could barely be any more opposite. I would understand if IT software engineering would be your first and CS 2nd, or finance and accounting 2nd, but CS after finance?

Not trying to offend, but just out of curiosity, do you know what cyber security means and entails? Besides the general definition of the phrase.

I know that yes, mainly keeping my options open and ensuring myself the best chance to be accepted. Both areas very much interest me. I am well aware of what it entails otherwise I wouldn't have applied for it.
I heard back today saying I'd been successful at the assessment centre stage, I had my assessment centre on the 27th of April and hopefully my role should be in the South West, Bristol :smile:
Reply 469
Original post by LizCollins
I heard back today saying I'd been successful at the assessment centre stage, I had my assessment centre on the 27th of April and hopefully my role should be in the South West, Bristol :smile:

Congratulations I'm glad some people are hearing back. It annoys me that a lot of people are still waiting to get a decision and could be until mid June before we hear back. Well done to you by the way.
I'm starting to panic about all this now! I literally haven't heard any good or bad news, all i got was an email saying "You are required to complete a range of tests". I was given one mind mill test and that's it. Nothing to say it was a conditional, in fact the mindmill test didn't even come from my previous contacts with the civil service, it was from mindmill themselves. Congratulations to everyone else who has heard something positive though, like people have said, it shows they are working through them.
Anybody else still religiously checking their emails at 5 every evening? I know I am 😅
Original post by veggyem96
Anybody else still religiously checking their emails at 5 every evening? I know I am 😅

Yep me too haha 😂
Original post by veggyem96

I'm religiously checking them every half hour let alone at 5pm 🙈
Reply 474
Did everyone get the information pack prior to the assessment centre? It states in the pack that you will receive a response in June. I'm guessing they will have some sort of merit list and are handing out offers via scores.

They more than likely won't send out rejections to the candidates which are borderline. For instance, in case they have people turn down the offer etc. a lot of places do it.
Original post by DDavidM
Did everyone get the information pack prior to the assessment centre? It states in the pack that you will receive a response in June. I'm guessing they will have some sort of merit list and are handing out offers via scores.

They more than likely won't send out rejections to the candidates which are borderline. For instance, in case they have people turn down the offer etc. a lot of places do it.

Yeah I've heard that the Fast Stream does it like this too, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get a high enough score that will place you in the top candidates you'll get a confirmation (and if you get a very low score you'd get a rejection) but if you're in the middle of the pack I think they wait till the assessment centres are over and then set a minimum score for the remaining candidates.

So, and I may be wrong here, if you've attended an assessment centre and not heard back I'd assume that everyone will hear back in June when the cut off score point has been determined.
So many people seem to have been to an assessment centre and I still haven't received an email regarding the online tests. :s-smilie:
Original post by sonic-jay
So many people seem to have been to an assessment centre and I still haven't received an email regarding the online tests. :s-smilie:

I'm sorry to say I don't think you'll be going to an assessment centre now as I'm pretty sure they've all ended now. It's not very good of them to leave some people hanging like this though. Sorry to disappoint, better luck next time!
Reply 478
Original post by AFellaW
Yeah I've heard that the Fast Stream does it like this too, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get a high enough score that will place you in the top candidates you'll get a confirmation (and if you get a very low score you'd get a rejection) but if you're in the middle of the pack I think they wait till the assessment centres are over and then set a minimum score for the remaining candidates.

So, and I may be wrong here, if you've attended an assessment centre and not heard back I'd assume that everyone will hear back in June when the cut off score point has been determined.

I would guess so. It's simple enough really, hand out offers to whom their preferred choices are. Then continue down the list until all the available positions have been accepted/filled etc.
Original post by DDavidM
I would guess so. It's simple enough really, hand out offers to whom their preferred choices are. Then continue down the list until all the available positions have been accepted/filled etc.

Yeah, I just really want to find out my department now really and the job role.

Quick Reply

Latest