The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

I've seen that more people are starting to get their offers from Durham, and someone suggested that we should start a Facebook group but since that's hard to organise, I've started this instead so we can (possibly) celebrate and discuss (potential) uni life.

Do also post details of your offers (course, conditions, when you got your offer) below or on the university connect page since that can be useful to other people applying/waiting for their offers! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Edit - Facebook group for Durham 2015 firmers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/803055009736957/
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
A* A A for English Literature!
Hi.

I have a very pressing issue here. Please tell me what you make of this conundrum and help me figure it out, yes?

So I just received an offer from Durham for psychology (conditional offer, yes) and the condition requires me to score 85% in four academic subjects AND 85% in mathematics. Now, the problem here is, I don't have mathematics. I clearly stated my subjects in the application, and I'm just really confused and annoyed right now because it would suck to have my offer cancelled. Can that happen, though?

I just wrote to Durham and I just got their automated reply back saying that they're bogged down with applications and they'll get to me ASAP.

Can a university like Durham make an error like that? Can they cancel my offer, knowing that I CANNOT fulfill this condition because I don't have the subject?

Please opine.
Reply 4
Original post by BlazedSymphony
Hi.

I have a very pressing issue here. Please tell me what you make of this conundrum and help me figure it out, yes?

So I just received an offer from Durham for psychology (conditional offer, yes) and the condition requires me to score 85% in four academic subjects AND 85% in mathematics. Now, the problem here is, I don't have mathematics. I clearly stated my subjects in the application, and I'm just really confused and annoyed right now because it would suck to have my offer cancelled. Can that happen, though?

I just wrote to Durham and I just got their automated reply back saying that they're bogged down with applications and they'll get to me ASAP.

Can a university like Durham make an error like that? Can they cancel my offer, knowing that I CANNOT fulfill this condition because I don't have the subject?

Please opine.

I doubt they'll cancel your offer since they've already deemed you as a worthy applicant by making you and offer. They'll probably just revise your offer conditions.
Reply 5
Original post by jhaddad
A* A A for English Literature!

Grats! Are you firming the offer?
Reply 6
Original post by perphation
Grats! Are you firming the offer?

If I don't get an offer from Cambridge I definitely will! What have you applied for?
Reply 7
Original post by jhaddad
If I don't get an offer from Cambridge I definitely will! What have you applied for?

Cool! Which college have you applied to at Durham?
I've applied for archaeology and anthropology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Got an offer from Durham for Biological Sciences, AAA! So happy :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by J3SS742
Got an offer from Durham for Biological Sciences, AAA! So happy :smile:

Grats! Which college have you applied to?
Reply 10
Grats! Which college have you applied to?

Thanks! :smile:
Hatfield, what about you? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by J3SS742
Thanks! :smile:
Hatfield, what about you? :smile:

Castle! I really do hope I get allocated there, since that's my second choice uni after Oxford (and my chances of getting into Oxford are pretty close to 0)
Reply 12
Castle! I really do hope I get allocated there, since that's my second choice uni after Oxford (and my chances of getting into Oxford are pretty close to 0)

Oh yeah, Castle's lovely!
Oooh same, but yeah haha chances are verrry low, but you'll be fine! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Cool! Which college have you applied to at Durham?
I've applied for archaeology and anthropology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

St Chad's
Hey,
I am applying for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History at Durham, but have not got an offer yet, so a bit anxious.
Just wondering if any historians have got offers from Durham, as I know they can take their time!?

:smile::smile:
Reply 15
Original post by sootyrabbit123
Hey,
I am applying for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History at Durham, but have not got an offer yet, so a bit anxious.
Just wondering if any historians have got offers from Durham, as I know they can take their time!?

:smile::smile:

Durham is known for taking quite a while to send offers, so don't you worry. I haven't seen any historians with offers from Durham, so I guess they haven't started looking at the applications yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone received an offer from Durham for Law?
Reply 17
Original post by victoriatayylor
Has anyone received an offer from Durham for Law?

I'm doing law starting next year but on a gap year so have already sorted my place as I took a foundation year last year.
Durham is known for taking quite a while to send offers, so don't you worry. I haven't seen any historians with offers from Durham, so I guess they haven't started looking at the applications yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks- that's reassuring! :biggrin:
It took them 7 months to get back to me with an offer for Law last year so yeah they do have a reputation for taking their time...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending