The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Been feeling proper **** recently but worried its physical related not mental as life seems ok currently. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
today went surprisingly well.
ok so you guys don't know me because i haven't posted at all on this thread yet but i honestly don't know where else to go. so if you don't read i understand
(tw)

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rmhumphries
You could post in Ask a Community Team member and they can help you gain access to your old account.

I only really post here and the odd occasion in my uni's forum so I'm not too fussed - cheers though :smile:
:cry2:
Original post by ladyrailly
ok so you guys don't know me because i haven't posted at all on this thread yet but i honestly don't know where else to go. so if you don't read i understand
(tw)

Spoiler

Welcome to MHSS and sorry to hear of what brings you here :hugs: :console: :sadnod: But hi anyway :hi: I'm Shan, the resident goathed :musicus:

I read your whole post and my instant thought upon reading the first bit was "CBT" but it sounds like you're kinda being given that but that it's not working well for you, for whatever reason. So I dunno what else to suggest :frown: But just wanted to quote you to welcome you and let you know that I *DID* read your post :yep:

Original post by Sabertooth
:colondollar: Thanks but I really don't think so. I make exceedingly poor life choices. I dropped out of my first university then went to another to do a degree I was interested in but ultimately doesn't really lead anywhere. I got a **** grade because of my mental health so thought I'd do a masters to make up for it. So I did, the subject being one that I thought would help me accomplish my dream. Only problem is that it's my dream to be a police officer - I think everyone here can tell I'm never going to be able to do that. So anyway since my masters ended I've done nothing. Absolutely **** all. I spend all day on TSR with occasional gym breaks. I can't even pretend my mental health is getting any better. My degrees are worthless. I really wish I'd done something practical like plumbing or nursing, something where I could get a job despite everything.

Sorry for the length, but yeah, that's how I wasted 7 years.

Your degrees weren't a waste - they are proof of your strength of character and your general AWESOMENESS that you kept going and fought through everything. It's like a battle scar, in a way :yep:

Thanks for the messages of support btw :colondollar:

:hugs:

Original post by moment of truth
There were way too many people in London today, but I didn't actually feel anxious or that people were looking so it was alright :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are way too many people in London everyday, but GO YOU for managing it. I avoid Central London at night coz even though it's beautiful, there are too many people and I get scared :colondollar: And I'm a native Londoner! :tongue:
Original post by Pathway
:cry2:

:console: hope you're okay!
Also apologies to everyone who I haven't quoted personally to offer support to - been up since 5.45am this morning and am knackered, plus still hypervigilant and dissociated and kept thinking I saw E all over London on the way back :facepalm:
I dont want to do this anymore. :cry2:
I'm worrying how I'm going to cope at home during the 3.5 months of summer when 2-3 days did my head in

Posted from TSR Mobile
hahaha i got 47% on a piece of course work which is 25% of my grade for that module

cant stop crying this is just not what i needed right now
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Your degrees weren't a waste - they are proof of your strength of character and your general AWESOMENESS that you kept going and fought through everything. It's like a battle scar, in a way :yep:

Thanks for the messages of support btw :colondollar:

:hugs:

If I climbed into the tiger enclosure at the zoo I'd probably get some groovy scars too, doesn't mean it's any less of a stupid thing to do :tongue: (sorry this is meant to be tongue in cheek not ungrateful meanie :colondollar: ). I do see your point just I don't see how the degrees help me get anywhere. I would actually like to do some course and learn skills but I feel like I'm too old, I don't know that I'd enjoy it, and it'll be expensive and I already owe a lot of money.

No problem, just glad to hear things went well for you. Maybe have an early night (well earlyish...)?
Hei there,
doing fine, but having problems with my prohject, dropping it or not ... thus ... :s-smilie:...ahhhhhhhhhhhh...why again :frown:
taking a break, guys. be safe and well.
There are way too many people in London everyday, but GO YOU for managing it. I avoid Central London at night coz even though it's beautiful, there are too many people and I get scared :colondollar: And I'm a native Londoner! :tongue:

Thank you :smile: yeah, had to go cause my mum booked some theatre tickets so had no choice, but I wasn't expecting it to be as busy as it was :eek: was surprised that I felt alright.

Glad to hear your trip went well :hugs:
x

I'm sure that's not the case. You're a fighter and you've never let your illnesses defeat you yet, so don't let them win now!

Battle Scar degree ... somehow I know that!

If I climbed into the tiger enclosure at the zoo I'd probably get some groovy scars too, doesn't mean it's any less of a stupid thing to do :tongue: (sorry this is meant to be tongue in cheek not ungrateful meanie :colondollar: ). I do see your point just I don't see how the degrees help me get anywhere. I would actually like to do some course and learn skills but I feel like I'm too old, I don't know that I'd enjoy it, and it'll be expensive and I already owe a lot of money.

Totally get the unmotivating thing about a battle scar degree...it is not you walk around with a medal. (Though probably no one is happy he had to fight that hard, even if it is admired. Everyone would have prefered not to.)

And you are never to old to learn new skills! Most people who think they are to old regret it later... I have no idea how it works with apprenticeships and things like that in the US, but it is worth to have a look. Maybe there is something for you?
Original post by ScaryScience

You leave TSR?
Original post by ScaryScience

you too Scary! hopefully you come back safe & well yourself! :hugs:
My doctor has increased my Prozac dosage to 40mg.

Been feeling proper awful tonight because I've realised how much this damn illness has taken off me :frown:

Latest