The Student Room Group

AQA Business AS- BUSS 2 (4th June)

Hi, anyone taking Buss 2 on the 4th June? Would people like to share their revision resources? What is likely to come up? Calculations etc.? How you guys are revising for the exam? I got a B last time round in this exam, and am hoping to get an A this time around!

Thanks, would be much appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by jamescalebsmith
Hi, anyone taking Buss 2 on the 4th June? Would people like to share their revision resources? What is likely to come up? Calculations etc.? How you guys are revising for the exam? I got a B last time round in this exam, and am hoping to get an A this time around!

Also taking BUSS2 for the second time around but got a D last year (lol) and aiming for a high A.

Find this exam really hard regarding remembering the content, though I am fine with exam technique?!

I think the calculations could either be: absenteeism (pretty sure it has never come up), return on capital or net profit margin? Though I would have preferred profit variance as that is so simple :frown:

I am just practising my exam technique and going over the content, trying to retain as much as my pea brain can :-(!
Original post by geeee11
Also taking BUSS2 for the second time around but got a D last year (lol) and aiming for a high A.

Find this exam really hard regarding remembering the content, though I am fine with exam technique?!

I think the calculations could either be: absenteeism (pretty sure it has never come up), return on capital or net profit margin? Though I would have preferred profit variance as that is so simple :frown:

I am just practising my exam technique and going over the content, trying to retain as much as my pea brain can :-(!

Yeah I got a feeling it could be those as well! do you have any revision material for Buss 2? And a list of calculations? I've literally forgotten the exam technique, I will need to go over it again
Reply 3
Yeah I got a feeling it could be those as well! do you have any revision material for Buss 2? And a list of calculations? I've literally forgotten the exam technique, I will need to go over it again

I just use the textbooks and this website called Tutor2u (has loads of business information)

These are the calculations you need: http://www.tutor2u.net/assets/BUSS2-formulas.pdf
Original post by geeee11
I just use the textbooks and this website called Tutor2u (has loads of business information)

These are the calculations you need: http://www.tutor2u.net/assets/BUSS2-formulas.pdf

Thanks mate, really helpful!
Reply 5
How would you structure 15 mark questions, definition two for and two against and then evaluate?
Original post by Forever4
How would you structure 15 mark questions, definition two for and two against and then evaluate?

Anybody know?
Reply 7
Anybody know?

Nope, but I'm sure it is like that definition, two for, two against and a conclusion with evaluation.
Reply 8
For exam technique, someone else posted in this thread really clearly how to structure answers: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3345713

Just scroll down and you'll see it :smile:
Original post by geeee11
For exam technique, someone else posted in this thread really clearly how to structure answers: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3345713

Just scroll down and you'll see it :smile:

Thank you!
Can somebody state all the different Theorists and what explain their 'theory' was, Thanks
Does anybody have any past paper questions for calculations? Or a quiz etc. on calculation questions, I need to practise them, Thanks

a B?! thats amazing how comes you retook?
i think break even will come up considering it wasnt even mentioned in the unit 1 exam :smile:

good luck for thursday!
Original post by lozzieladybird
a B?! thats amazing how comes you retook?
i think break even will come up considering it wasnt even mentioned in the unit 1 exam :smile:

good luck for thursday!

I need like a around 10 marks higher to get an A overall aha! Ok thanks for that!:smile:
Does anybody have any predictions for the calculation question and 13/15 mark question, e.g. what theme will come up? Can somebody also please list the different topics that come under different sections. e.g. Motivation under HRM but for all topics? Thanks
Can somebody explain marketing mix, Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest