The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
How many exams has everyone got left?

I've got 8 exams -> 4 maths, 3 physics and 1 history.
2/10 exams finished atm.

Crazy in just over 3 weeks we won't ever touch A levels again.
I'm going to miss 6th form but can't wait for Uni aswell. :smile:

11 left (5 maths, 2 chem, 2 bio, 2 physics), had one maths so far. Literally can't wait to start exams feel like this week was just a week of waiting for exams (ofc with lots of revision thrown in!)
What I'm most looking forward to is people asking me out and me not having to cancel/feel guilty about it!! Haven't really had a summer "off" since end of year 10 so it's been three years of being "too busy" for me... Actually so excited :')
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
How many exams has everyone got left?

I've got 8 exams -> 4 maths, 3 physics and 1 history.
2/10 exams finished atm.

Crazy in just over 3 weeks we won't ever touch A levels again.
I'm going to miss 6th form but can't wait for Uni aswell. :smile:

I finished last week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else on the verge of an emotional & mental breakdown? Been up all night revising, it's now 6am, 4/6ths through doing revision cards for history and still have to do them for another two subjects then learn them and do essay plans but it's taking a lifetime and there's so much to do in like 2/3 weeks and I thought I started in ok time but now I've realised I've been prioritising my first exam and my insurance uni isn't that much of an insurance and now I'm telling you all my life story and oh my gosh I think I'm going to have a meltdown, feel like I'm having a mid life crisis :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:
what exam board are you doing history with?? I'm feeling your pain right now
do you ever think there's seriously no point in even trying any more
I wanna get into uni but I'm not gonna. get the grades man, no way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if you don't try, there's definitely no way you will

If you try, there's always a chance

So what have you got to lose by trying

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm terrified too
But don't worry. We'll make it!
I only have FM left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me,the hardwork in the last 2 months didn't pay off tbh!
I am not getting into my firm choice which is Warwick(will always be a regret though)
Original post by mcgaimee16
what exam board are you doing history with?? I'm feeling your pain right now

I'm doing Edexcel! Superpower relations, how about you? I honestly didn't realise there was this much content, crazy how briefly we learn things in class sighhh
Original post by Skill Twix
For me,the hardwork in the last 2 months didn't pay off tbh!
I am not getting into my firm choice which is Warwick(will always be a regret though)

Warwick is my firm too! I feel like this but we won't know unless we try our best haha
Original post by Jo-Ann
Warwick is my firm too! I feel like this but we won't know unless we try our best haha

Lol my offer is A*AA :frown:
I am not even getting into my insurance :frown:
Original post by Skill Twix
Lol my offer is A*AA :frown:
I am not even getting into my insurance :frown:

I feel for you :frown: mine's AAA and I'm dying! This is exactly how I feel about my insurance! Going to try my best but prepare myself on how to go through clearing just in case
Original post by Jo-Ann
I feel for you :frown: mine's AAA and I'm dying! This is exactly how I feel about my insurance! Going to try my best but prepare myself on how to go through clearing just in case

Lol!I've got three options!
1)Take a gap year 2)Foundation courses 3)Go to a university through clearing
I hope you do make it!Good luck!I've got my last exam next week and the rest were just average!
Quick question (I'll use a really simple example).

Exam 1 : 69 UMS
Exam 2: 71 UMS

That is a B overall, right?

My friend is telling me it doesn't work like that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by -Infiniti

Assuming the exams are out of 100, yes.

Damn, in Scotland that would be an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Assuming the exams are out of 100, yes.

Thanks, he was telling me that the UMS is rounded down so , either 60 or 70. Made me re-think my whole exam targets.
Thanks, he was telling me that the UMS is rounded down so , either 60 or 70. Made me re-think my whole exam targets.

No, they're added together as they are.
Original post by Saracen's Fez
No, they're added together as they are.

It's getting to that time of year again where I hate everyone. I should come with a warning sign around exam season. It's really bad. Not sure how to control my stress levels though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jo-Ann
Is anyone else on the verge of an emotional & mental breakdown? Been up all night revising, it's now 6am, 4/6ths through doing revision cards for history and still have to do them for another two subjects then learn them and do essay plans but it's taking a lifetime and there's so much to do in like 2/3 weeks and I thought I started in ok time but now I've realised I've been prioritising my first exam and my insurance uni isn't that much of an insurance and now I'm telling you all my life story and oh my gosh I think I'm going to have a meltdown, feel like I'm having a mid life crisis :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

It'll be alright! In a few weeks it will all be over! Just take a step back, breathe and plan out what you need to do! Don't plough on if you're feeling frazzled, especially if you're having a mental breakdown! Give your mind a rest and start fresh! Hang in there I'm sure you'll do brilliantly :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

THINK POSITIVE THINK POSITIVE THINK POSITIVE! If you think positively you're more likely to get positive results!

Latest