The Student Room Group

About BMAT

Hi guys.I'm now studying in Hong Kong and I wanna know more about BMAT.I've chosen chemistry and biology as electives.And I wanna know the content tested in BMAT is based on A-Level,GCSE knowledge or others.And if it is based on GCSE knowledge, is it double science award?Thank you XD
Original post by Ericapoon
Hi guys.I'm now studying in Hong Kong and I wanna know more about BMAT.I've chosen chemistry and biology as electives.And I wanna know the content tested in BMAT is based on A-Level,GCSE knowledge or others.And if it is based on GCSE knowledge, is it double science award?Thank you XD

BMAT is basically GCSE science (triple award level)...but there is a syllabus on he BMAT website so you can find out what you need to know from there :smile:

but I know that some questions from my exam were not really based on any A-level / GCSE content directly...so you may need to read around a little
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jsmith6131
BMAT is basically GCSE science (triple award level)...but there is a syllabus on he BMAT website so you can find out what you need to know from there :smile:

but I know that some questions from my exam were not really based on any A-level / GCSE content directly...so you may need to read around a little

Thank you.Ummm....Actually I don't really understand what is the difference between triple and double.Is triple more difficult than double?And could you please recommend some books for self-studying physics(GSCE)
Original post by Ericapoon
Thank you.Ummm....Actually I don't really understand what is the difference between triple and double.Is triple more difficult than double?And could you please recommend some books for self-studying physics(GSCE)

I think double is just less but TBH I don't know for certain...the reason I assume triple award is the level is that Med school would want triple science applicants and not double...

I would recommend one of the BMAT revision books...some of them contain notes on the bio / chem / phys / maths and would aptly explain everything you need
e.g:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Preparing-BMAT-Official-Biomedical-Admissions/dp/043504687X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432915441&sr=8-2&keywords=BMAT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending