The Student Room Group

Applying for Tesco Customer Assistant (Personal Shopper) - What to expect??

Thinking to apply for this role. But what exactly do these customer assistant personal shoppers do?? do you know?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone knows? T_T
Reply 2
Original post by kite29
Anyone knows? T_T

I thought they just work the floor? stacking shelves and working the tills right? Can't you see what it says on the job description?
Reply 3
Original post by 4TSR
I thought they just work the floor? stacking shelves and working the tills right? Can't you see what it says on the job description?

[h="3"]Role Responsibility[/h]Always put the customer first and consider them in everything you do:

Get to know your customers and serve them with pride.

Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.

Handle all products with care to maintain quality and ensure they reach the customer in the best condition:

Keep the shop floor and back areas clean and tidy at all times.

Using the training you receive, follow department routines and processes.

Follow all company policies and adhere to Health and Safety routines.

Whilst you will have a core role, you may be asked to support your colleagues by helping in other departments

By the sound of it it does sound like stacking shelves and occasionally some other work. Why can't they make it clearer? >.<
Reply 4
Original post by kite29
[h="3"]Role Responsibility[/h]Always put the customer first and consider them in everything you do:

Get to know your customers and serve them with pride.

Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.

Handle all products with care to maintain quality and ensure they reach the customer in the best condition:

Keep the shop floor and back areas clean and tidy at all times.

Using the training you receive, follow department routines and processes.

Follow all company policies and adhere to Health and Safety routines.

Whilst you will have a core role, you may be asked to support your colleagues by helping in other departments

By the sound of it it does sound like stacking shelves and occasionally some other work. Why can't they make it clearer? >.<

To make it sound more appealing for people and not degrading :smile: good job go for it.
Reply 5
I do this job at Tesco. You select the shopping for customers who have ordered their shopping online. You use a handheld device with a built in scanner and a screen that tells you which item to pick and where it is in the store. Once you scan the correct item, the device tells you which of your six baskets to put it in.
The baskets are stacked on a trolley which you move around the store with you. Any items not available are "subbed" for something similar or a larger size, the customer pays no more than the original item.
Once you've finished your pick, you bring the trolley back to the dotcom area and collect a fresh trolley.
Derek
Reply 6
How much is your pay?
Reply 7
Original post by Dekk
I do this job at Tesco. You select the shopping for customers who have ordered their shopping online. You use a handheld device with a built in scanner and a screen that tells you which item to pick and where it is in the store. Once you scan the correct item, the device tells you which of your six baskets to put it in.
The baskets are stacked on a trolley which you move around the store with you. Any items not available are "subbed" for something similar or a larger size, the customer pays no more than the original item.
Once you've finished your pick, you bring the trolley back to the dotcom area and collect a fresh trolley.
Derek

How much is your pay?
Collect the shopping from the store of which the customer has ordered online
Reply 9
i do this job and the pay is £7.02 per hour
Reply 10
I was almost convinced this wasn't a Pick and Pack job with the (Personal Shopper) bit!
Reply 11
Original post by Dekk
Derek

Say I was applying for this job, what type of skills should I put down on my application to make me stand out and to give me a better chance of getting the job.
Reply 12
Original post by gobby-p
i do this job and the pay is £7.02 per hour

£7.24 for all ages which rises to £7.39 after 6-9 months.
Hi it's where you pick the items for online orders .then pack them .basically your getting paid to do someone's shopping :smile:
Reply 14
Hi can anyone help with the online application form? I've tried so many times and can't seem to understand what I'm doing wrong. I have an interview for Sainsbury's and passed their online test but, I just want to work for Tesco since they have loads od openings for jobs for a store in my area right now.
Original post by JUDDDER
£7.24 for all ages which rises to £7.39 after 6-9 months.

Regular pay is £7.02. Paid more for special stores which struggle to get staff or are quite a distance to travel to.
Reply 16
The job involves collection groceries for online shoppers. They give you a hand held computer (team pad) which will tell you the location of the item, you then scan in and put it in the correct basket. (boring).
Also on the "team pad" is a timer, and if you don't make it back on time you soon know about it. You must do everything you can to get the timer is the blue, which is fast. so no talking and get on with it.
Longest four hours of my life. lol
Reply 17
Hi, what if a customer needed assistance while you're picking the groceries? What will you do?
Reply 18
Original post by benji1
The job involves collection groceries for online shoppers. They give you a hand held computer (team pad) which will tell you the location of the item, you then scan in and put it in the correct basket. (boring).
Also on the "team pad" is a timer, and if you don't make it back on time you soon know about it. You must do everything you can to get the timer is the blue, which is fast. so no talking and get on with it.
Longest four hours of my life. lol

Hi, what if a customer needed assistance while you're picking the groceries? What will you do?
Original post by Dekk
Derek

Hey, I've got an interview for this job tomorrow, and wondered if you had any tips/what to expect? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending