The Student Room Group

Muslim British Male Teen AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Achaea
Evidence from the quran for your claim that a 'blade of grass' is meant, please. You'll be able to provide it, of course, from the extensive research you've done. In fact, here is verse 4.34 of the quran, to make it easy for you. Show me the 'blade of grass' thing, will you?

http://quran.com/4/34

"Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand."

You want me to be respectful to an ideology which says that men can beat women? Oh, I really don't think so.

Hello there :hello:

I think the person is referring to the story of Ayyub aka Job (peace be upon him) as mentioned in the Quran and hadith.

Ayyub had a disease that afflicted his body, until there's no part of his body that is healthy, apart from the heart.

He had nothing left in this world which he could use to helphim deal with his sickness or the predicament he was in, besides his wife, who retained herdevotion to him because of her faith in Allah and His Messenger. She used to work for people asa paid servant, and she fed and served him (Ayyub) for nearly eighteen years. Before that, hewas very rich and had many children, being well off in worldly terms. All of that had beentaken away until he ended up being thrown into the city dump where he stayed all this time,shunned by relatives and strangers alike, with the exception of his wife -- may Allah be pleasedwith her. She did not leave him, morning and evening, except for when she was serving people,then she would come straight back to him.

Ayyub, peace be upon him got angry with his wife and was upset about something she had done, so he swore an oath that if Allah healed him, he would strike her with one hundred blows. When Allah healed him, how dould her service, mercy, compassion and kindness be repaid with a beating. So Allah showed him a way out, which was to take a bundle of thin grass, with one hundred stems, and hit her with it once. Thus he fulfilled his oat and avoided breaking his vow

Source: Tafseer Ibn Kathir

This verse was revealed to show the solution for Ayyub's situation;

[We Said], "And take in your hand a bunch [of grass] and strike with it and do not break your oath." Indeed, We found him (Ayyub) patient, an excellent servant. Indeed, he was one repeatedly turning back [to Allah].
[Quran 38: verse 44]

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by m-hussain
Before I start I just want to reassure you that I am going to remain honest through all my answers.

I was born in a muslim family, so I was raised as a muslim, but I wasn't really religious until I became about 16. That's when I became more curious about the purpose of life and religion. I started to question why is my religion Islam and not another such as Christianity.

So I gained knowledge of the concept of God in the major religions whilst still being muslim, having no doubt that there is one God. I think what gave me more firm belief was when I started to read the translation of the quran. Everything just adds up to me and I stop feeling the need to question whats in the Qur'an. And then I learnt arabic which made me gain a deeper understanding.

Hope that answers your question :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How far did you look into Christianity?:smile:
Reply 122
Jesus is coming, repent before it is too late, accept him. John 14:6 -7 6Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.
7If you had known me, you would have known my Father also: and from henceforth you know him, and have seen him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124

Isaiah 29:12 And when they give the book to one who cannot read, saying, “Read this,” he says, “I cannot read.”

Look brother this verse is not talking about Muhammad, you can't just take a little line of a chapter and say it is about Muhammad. If you read this chapter of Isaiah 29 it is talking about the judgement on the people of Israel. Read this whole chapter online carefully and you will find it is has nothing to do with Muhammad.
One thing i do not understand is some muslims will disagree with parts of the bible and agree with others lol, there is no inbetween, its either you do or you do not.

Christians and Jews worship the God of Israel.6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.7If you had known me, you would have known my Father also: and from henceforth you know him, and have seen him.
John 14:6-7

Accept Christ before it is too late.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 125
Original post by CPBA1
Isaiah 29:12 And when they give the book to one who cannot read, saying, “Read this,” he says, “I cannot read.”

Look brother this verse is not talking about Muhammad, you can't just take a little line of a chapter and say it is about Muhammad. If you read this chapter of Isaiah 29 it is talking about the judgement on the people of Israel. Read this whole chapter online carefully and you will find it is has nothing to do with Muhammad.
One thing i do not understand is some muslims will disagree with parts of the bible and agree with others lol, there is no inbetween, its either you do or you do not.

Christians and Jews worship the God of Israel.6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.7If you had known me, you would have known my Father also: and from henceforth you know him, and have seen him.
John 14:6-7

Accept Christ before it is too late.

Peace be upon you my brother,
We have accepted Christ but as a Prophet, Prophet Eisa (pbuh). We believe he will return with the Messiah, Al-Mahdi (pbuh) on the day of judgement.
Salaam :biggrin:
I was wondering, are you Shia or Sunni?
What do you think of
Hindus
Sikhs
Buddhists

Do you think all non muslims are destined for the hellfire?
Reply 128
Original post by Giroud12
What do you think of
Hindus
Sikhs
Buddhists

Do you think all non muslims are destined for the hellfire?

Surah baqarah, verse 161

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surah baqarah, verse 161

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what the q'uran says, but do you personally actually believe that? And why?
Yes if the knowldege of Islam has come to them and they reject it and not follow the prophet Muhammad and worship the ONE Lord

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sikhs do worship one lord, however.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes if the knowldege of Islam has come to them and they reject it and not follow the prophet Muhammad and worship the ONE Lord

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think of Anjem Choudary?
Ive only heard of his name....dont really know anything about him....and sikhs dont follow the prophet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you support shariah law in the UK?
Reply 133
Original post by Giroud12
Would you support shariah law in the UK?

U mean if the law was implemented in the UK , would i be happy with it?? Yh sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know how many other religions say the same thing?

U mean if the law was implemented in the UK , would i be happy with it?? Yh sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

why?
Reply 135
Original post by GreenNinjaa
Salaam :biggrin:
I was wondering, are you Shia or Sunni?

W/salaam
Will that change you view of me? :L
Reply 136
Original post by szfh
W/salaam
Will that change you view of me? :L

What?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 137

Sorry I meant 'Will that change your view of me?'
will knowing what sect anyone is, change anything?
but alhamd shi'a muslim.
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you have any regrets about being a Muslim sometimes?
Do you pray (or occasionally forget)?
And what sect of Islam? (I respect both Shias and Sunnis)

Sorry if they've been asked before, I couldn't be bothered to scroll through everything lol
Reply 139
Christians are not just like muslims......it is teally different....trust me.....we believe there is one god....our prophet is Muhammad who was the last for all of mankind.....prophets came before him but they were for their own people....we believe in the day of judgement ......we believe the quran is the word of god....we believe the bible has been changed over the years and that the quran has never changed and wont. (Sorry no offence in anything im saying)

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are many prophets today that God is using to help, heal,prophesy to people etc.

Accept Jesus Christ before it is too late

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending