The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by Age
Oh I'm really not too sure just wait it out I guess or try ringing another department. Sometimes they just give out generic information

Hey i got the offer today. Conditional for msc management.
Can you suggest accommodation for postgrad? Preference is en suite, dont mind noise or many people around though.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 881
Original post by omar4
Hey i got the offer today. Conditional for msc management.
Can you suggest accommodation for postgrad? Preference is en suite, dont mind noise or many people around though.

Congrats! Heronbank or Lakeside really, both ensuite and flat style living which is great for fostering friendships. Out of the two probably Lakeside though but they're pretty much identical
Reply 882
Original post by Age
Congrats! Heronbank or Lakeside really, both ensuite and flat style living which is great for fostering friendships. Out of the two probably Lakeside though but they're pretty much identical

Thank you. Im guessing they are popular and wont be easy to get in them?
Original post by PotterPhysics
Are you doing STEP by any chance?

Yes, it's part of my condition. I'm doing the STEP 1, you?
Reply 884
Original post by omar4
Thank you. Im guessing they are popular and wont be easy to get in them?

Pretty much for postgrads but you just have to have faith I guess
I have firmed warwick but I m afraid I couldn't meet the offer(miss one grade):frown:
Original post by mynameispoo
I have firmed warwick but I m afraid I couldn't meet the offer(miss one grade):frown:

You're not alone in your worry! I'm so panicky that I'm going to miss my AAA offer. I'm hoping that if I end up with A*AB they might still consider me as long as I get at least an A in my main subject. I don't know. I'll just have to do my best, I s'pose! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LumosNox
You're not alone in your worry! I'm so panicky that I'm going to miss my AAA offer. I'm hoping that if I end up with A*AB they might still consider me as long as I get at least an A in my main subject. I don't know. I'll just have to do my best, I s'pose! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yess I'm panicking so much;( My offer is AAA too! And my psychology is always between grade A&B... arghhh I really wanna go to warwick.. hope they would be lenient!
Yess I'm panicking so much;( My offer is AAA too! And my psychology is always between grade A&B... arghhh I really wanna go to warwick.. hope they would be lenient!

Wow, I'm stressing over my psychology grade too, I got a B at AS and am really hoping I'll manage an A but I'm not sure at the moment! :s I loved Warwick the two times I visit and would love to be going this October, we'll both just have to wait and see and hope that they are lenient. Failing that, maybe do better in one of your other subjects and it'll counterbalance? I have no clue!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LumosNox
Wow, I'm stressing over my psychology grade too, I got a B at AS and am really hoping I'll manage an A but I'm not sure at the moment! :s I loved Warwick the two times I visit and would love to be going this October, we'll both just have to wait and see and hope that they are lenient. Failing that, maybe do better in one of your other subjects and it'll counterbalance? I have no clue!

Posted from TSR Mobile

we're on the same position hahaha! I wish I could do better in one subject... but I don't think I'm capable to get A* in other two subjects:frown: sigh.. I love warwick so much too and that's the only place I wanna go! all we can do is try our very best! We'll both get into warwick we'll be fine fingercross:smile:
we're on the same position hahaha! I wish I could do better in one subject... but I don't think I'm capable to get A* in other two subjects:frown: sigh.. I love warwick so much too and that's the only place I wanna go! all we can do is try our very best! We'll both get into warwick we'll be fine fingercross:smile:

It's funny how similar out situations are, keep me posted on how you do on results day - I'm invested now! 😄

Keep your chin up, we'll manage it! Good luck and fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PotterPhysics
I'm on a gap year, did I and II last year and got 1,1. Just need to improve one of my (A-level) grades this year.

I take it you got A*A*B + 11, I am VERY surprised they did not just give you an unconditional. I know people got in last year with A*AA + 3 in STEP 1 and got in, yours is far more impressive.
I firmed warwick for Law. I need AAA, im just studying all day ****ting myself. So scared. When i called to find out if they would be lenient with grades the woman like " any deviation from AAA will not be considered"
Original post by Michalia
I firmed warwick for Law. I need AAA, im just studying all day ****ting myself. So scared. When i called to find out if they would be lenient with grades the woman like " any deviation from AAA will not be considered"

Was this specific to law? Or, the universities policy on all undergrad courses?

I s'pose they wouldn't say if they'd be happy to take you at AAB regardless, they wouldn't want to encourage you to not be terrified you'll miss it, would they?

Good luck anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
We can apply for accommodation now, by the way
Reply 895
did anyone of the overseas receive his CAS number for the visa application ?
Original post by a96clark
We can apply for accommodation now, by the way

how
Original post by Michalia
how

Really? You can literally type anything related into Google and you'd get the right webpage?

But to save you the hassle, cause it's really difficult, here you go:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/apply/15/new
Need AAA for my course but am categorically not getting A in maths, will need them to be lenient, don't want to go to my insurance.
Is accomodation first come first served? I know they said ballot but if you apply later e.g. july will you have less of a chance getting your accomodation?

Quick Reply

Latest