The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by AFellaW
Yeah, I just really want to find out my department now really and the job role.

Ditto!!
Original post by DDavidM
Did everyone get the information pack prior to the assessment centre? It states in the pack that you will receive a response in June. I'm guessing they will have some sort of merit list and are handing out offers via scores.

They more than likely won't send out rejections to the candidates which are borderline. For instance, in case they have people turn down the offer etc. a lot of places do it.

Your lucky you got it before, was sent my Info Pack 2 weeks after going and some of the info on it could have been extremely useful for the Assessment Centre.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 482
Everyone should expect to know by the end of next week (I know from Capita themselves.) IT candidates have been notified first as they have a further assessment to complete. Everyone will find out in due course. Only those who've scored below the minimum have been told they're unsuccessful so far.
Original post by Em7821
Everyone should expect to know by the end of next week (I know from Capita themselves.) IT candidates have been notified first as they have a further assessment to complete. Everyone will find out in due course. Only those who've scored below the minimum have been told they're unsuccessful so far.

For all those panicking about here is some useful advice:

if you haven't heard back after doing the online tests then it sounds as if you wont be attending an assessment centre, as i spoke to capita today and they confirmed next week is the last week of the assessment centres, so for those who have have had an assessment centre hopefully after next week you should have an outcome as they are matching all candidates against a minimum score.

I called capita today and later on in the afternoon i received a text and email confirming my offer! :smile: i also asked when out roles and locations will be confirmed and was told by the end of June as the departments will first have to fill all the places available, then do reference and employability checks ect. and then match this against our preferences...

Good luck to all those still waiting, cant wait to hear more details!! :h:
Like most of the above post's I've been told we should have an Answer within the Next 10 days...
Just received an email telling me to do the mindmill tests!
Reply 486
Is it only the fast streamers who have to do the mind mill test? Has anybody doing Operational Delivery had to do one of those?
Original post by Jid12
Is it only the fast streamers who have to do the mind mill test? Has anybody doing Operational Delivery had to do one of those?

I think it's only for people that have applied for the cyber security roles :smile:
Reply 488
Original post by christophaw
I think it's only for people that have applied for the cyber security roles :smile:

It is not.

It is for the people who have applied for IT software development roles OR cyber security. One of the two.
Just completed the mindmill test. I was expecting it to be more IT oriented as it's only for the technology and cyber security applicants but it felt more so just like more aptitude testing.
Reply 490
Original post by sam1w2e
Just completed the mindmill test. I was expecting it to be more IT oriented as it's only for the technology and cyber security applicants but it felt more so just like more aptitude testing.

This. It was pretty fun though.
Have been successful at the interview and assessment centre to do the finance apprenticeship, anyone else been successful to do finance, if so where? Am currently so split between going to uni and doing the apprenticeship it's unreal!
Original post by genericname96
Have been successful at the interview and assessment centre to do the finance apprenticeship, anyone else been successful to do finance, if so where? Am currently so split between going to uni and doing the apprenticeship it's unreal!

What course you looking at for Uni? I'm the same!

From my experience as an apprentice so far, i have absolutely no regrets! Seeing all my friends struggle with little money, tones of extra work, little to no support from tutors and constantly worrying about getting a job in the future, has just made me feel so glad i didn't go to uni. That's my two cents though, im sure someone who has gone to one of the top 10 uni's will disagree, but i don't know many people who have. Plus, you don't get a debt as an apprentice, most employees look for experience now anyway, or at least it helps and my workplace had a pension scheme too, so you start saving for the future!
Original post by Samrichman
What course you looking at for Uni? I'm the same!

I'm looking at business management with human resource management, thinking about it though, the apprenticeship does seem to make more sense with the respect that there is no debt, a very good starting salary and a qualification aswell.
Original post by Listerino
From my experience as an apprentice so far, i have absolutely no regrets! Seeing all my friends struggle with little money, tones of extra work, little to no support from tutors and constantly worrying about getting a job in the future, has just made me feel so glad i didn't go to uni. That's my two cents though, im sure someone who has gone to one of the top 10 uni's will disagree, but i don't know many people who have. Plus, you don't get a debt as an apprentice, most employees look for experience now anyway, or at least it helps and my workplace had a pension scheme too, so you start saving for the future!

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, what apprenticeship are you doing and where abouts are you based? I see where you are coming from to be honest, I guess I feel as though I'll miss out on the social aspects of university, when you went for your apprenticeship were there many of you in the same boat or any that were put together in the same role that shared housing that you know of?

Do you mind me asking which region you applied too ?
Reply 497
I'm looking at business management with human resource management, thinking about it though, the apprenticeship does seem to make more sense with the respect that there is no debt, a very good starting salary and a qualification aswell.

Don't let the debt be a factor in deciding, its down to which you feel will make you the happiest. Only a choice you can make, in the end the debt is irrelevant. It's more than likely it would be wiped, before you pay it back. And what you do pay back is minimal, and has no "knock on" effect to anything else you do!.

Plus theres always the grad schemes later on. 😂
Original post by Joey952
Do you mind me asking which region you applied too ?

I applied for an apprenticeship in the North West but selected that I would be happy to take a role else where so not too sure where I'll end up.
I attended the assesmet centre on Tuesday 26 and I have had an email to say I've been successful!! Yay

Quick Reply

Latest