The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

They now think I might have some inclination towards a personality disorder. But since I am only 18, they are practising caution.
Original post by CescaD96
They now think I might have some inclination towards a personality disorder. But since I am only 18, they are practising caution.

Big hugs :jumphug:
Original post by Noodlzzz
That's awesome!

Thanks. gf is gathering steak for this evening's celebratory dinner. All my pgce essays are now submitted :biggrin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Big hugs :jumphug:

Thank you. :smile: I'm not shocked. I've thought it for a while. I had this 16 point list today to give in and they said I had.some serious signs.

Hugs to you too. :penguinhug:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Submitted something that wasn't too dreadful. My findings section was a bit vague.

Fingers crossed I can pass. There's a presentation in about three weeks too so that can probably bring my mark up too.

And now

*breathes*

mega well done, I hope you can relax now :biggrin:
Feeling a fair bit better after managing to get up and leave the house but still with the niggle of certain things (that I can't put on here) in my mind.

*hugs* I know it's hard, especially when it's kinda not certain because of your age but it'll be okay. Just be open and honest about everything and make sure you push for any help you need.

Original post by jelly1000
mega well done, I hope you can relax now :biggrin:

I can relax for this evening but tomorrow I'm off on a 12 mile hike with my Duke of Edinburgh group :biggrin: I need to try and stay positive about things for them now. I can have my mental collapse in about 4 weeks time once I'm qualified.

I also have coursework to mark and books to assess. The joys of being a teacher!
*hugs* I know it's hard, especially when it's kinda not certain because of your age but it'll be okay. Just be open and honest about everything and make sure you push for any help you need.

Thank you. :jumphug: Enjoy DoE!
Original post by jelly1000
Feeling a fair bit better after managing to get up and leave the house but still with the niggle of certain things (that I can't put on here) in my mind.

*rubs that bit of your brain* be nice to yourself. Find things you like and play with tactile things to take your mind away from those thoughts.

Something like a twiddlemuff might work?
Thank you. :jumphug: Enjoy DoE!

Thanks! Found out this morning and my group's assessment weekend is the weekend before I finish teaching at the school so I'll get to see them complete everything :biggrin:

Plus my mother-in-law has made some amazing peanut butter flapjacks for tomorrow so that's always a bonus.
joining the conversation, I'm kind of worried I have bpd, I fit almost all the diagnostic criteria

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can relax for this evening but tomorrow I'm off on a 12 mile hike with my Duke of Edinburgh group :biggrin: I need to try and stay positive about things for them now. I can have my mental collapse in about 4 weeks time once I'm qualified.

I also have coursework to mark and books to assess. The joys of being a teacher!

ah best of luck, I can barely walk 2 miles let alone 12! and I know what you mean, I could have done with this mini mental breakdown coming in September not now when I have a dissertation to read/write for
*rubs that bit of your brain* be nice to yourself. Find things you like and play with tactile things to take your mind away from those thoughts.

Something like a twiddlemuff might work?

thanks, haven't got a twiddlemuff but im browsing the internet to try and distract myself and I'm out again later so will hopefully have a laugh then
Thanks! Found out this morning and my group's assessment weekend is the weekend before I finish teaching at the school so I'll get to see them complete everything :biggrin:

Plus my mother-in-law has made some amazing peanut butter flapjacks for tomorrow so that's always a bonus.

Can I have some of those flapjacks? :biggrin:

Original post by Odd socks
joining the conversation, I'm kind of worried I have bpd, I fit almost all the diagnostic criteria

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I think I have.
hey guys i suffer from psychosis, is there anyone I could talk to ? Think the whole country is ganging up on me at the moment. The voices are acting up and people can hear them, and are judging me for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you mentioned your concerns to your Dr? It can be quite easy to convince ourselves that we have a personality disorder because at the end of the day they describe different types of personality, but people only get diagnosed when it's at an extreme. Not saying in any way that anything you are experiencing is not valid but it's really important to try not to worry, and speak to your Dr, that way they can try and get you on the right treatment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
Have you mentioned your concerns to your Dr? It can be quite easy to convince ourselves that we have a personality disorder because at the end of the day they describe different types of personality, but people only get diagnosed when it's at an extreme. Not saying in any way that anything you are experiencing is not valid but it's really important to try not to worry, and speak to your Dr, that way they can try and get you on the right treatment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was considering it but I'm doubting myself after someone said that they don't think I have it, Plus if I did what if they stopped me being a pharmacist

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that :hugs: I used to have BPD (I just have traits now) so I'm here if you wanna talk bout it or have questions or that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was considering it but I'm doubting myself after someone said that they don't think I have it, Plus if I did what if they stopped me being a pharmacist

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same offer as I said to cesca, if you wanna talk bout it, I've been diagnosed with it so I have some idea about it. And I wouldn't see it stopping you being a pharmacist, I'm studying to be a social worker and occ health have said it's OK to me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJlover
hey guys i suffer from psychosis, is there anyone I could talk to ? Think the whole country is ganging up on me at the moment. The voices are acting up and people can hear them, and are judging me for them.

Hi there :smile:

I'm not sure that people can hear them but I understand it can feel that way. Have you tried putting headphones on or anything maybe to try and block them out? Are you on medication?

Latest