The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MJlover
hey guys i suffer from psychosis, is there anyone I could talk to ? Think the whole country is ganging up on me at the moment. The voices are acting up and people can hear them, and are judging me for them.

have you talked to your gp?
Original post by bullettheory
Sorry to hear that :hugs: I used to have BPD (I just have traits now) so I'm here if you wanna talk bout it or have questions or that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I definitely will, I do have questions. :smile:
Argh 3 days without mirtazapine, not only do I feel incredibly nauseous but my hay fever is back. Turns out mirtazapine is a pretty strong antihistamine and without it my eyes are constantly burning. ****ing loratadine and benedryl are doing **** all. :colonhash:

And I overslept - I agreed with my psychologist to cut down my sleep, I got 11 hours and I'm so tired. :hmpf:
hiding
Original post by Sabertooth
Hi there :smile:

I'm not sure that people can hear them but I understand it can feel that way. Have you tried putting headphones on or anything maybe to try and block them out? Are you on medication?

I put headphones on and that helps when i am out and about. thanks for the message.

I am on medication too.
Original post by Odd socks
joining the conversation, I'm kind of worried I have bpd, I fit almost all the diagnostic criteria

Posted from TSR Mobile

Share your concerns with your doctor or somebody you trust. Don't sit in panic over it, bpd criteria does mirror a standard personality taken to the extreme but if you're concerned then talk to somebody.

Also *glomps*

Original post by jelly1000
ah best of luck, I can barely walk 2 miles let alone 12! and I know what you mean, I could have done with this mini mental breakdown coming in September not now when I have a dissertation to read/write for

Oh it's going to absolutely kill me. I'm completely unfit and it might actually be the last thing I do but it's worth it for the pupils. They're brilliant and hopefully they'll keep me going! Just been to stock up on food. Having to eat an insane amount is going to be the hardest part.

Original post by CescaD96
Can I have some of those flapjacks? :biggrin:

That's what I think I have.

*dragons the flapjacks* they taste amazing and apparently they're shockingly healthy for walking purposes.

Also much easier than trying to put peanut butter in a tube to fire into my mouth while carrying a massive backpack.

Argh 3 days without mirtazapine, not only do I feel incredibly nauseous but my hay fever is back. Turns out mirtazapine is a pretty strong antihistamine and without it my eyes are constantly burning. ****ing loratadine and benedryl are doing **** all. :colonhash:

And I overslept - I agreed with my psychologist to cut down my sleep, I got 11 hours and I'm so tired. :hmpf:

Mirtazapine was brilliant for my hayfever and made my food sensitivities chill their boots too.

Cut down slowly on the sleep thing. I think my body went into some sort of panicky shock when I came off it. I ended up sleeping for several days and only woke up to eat more peanut butter because I felt like somebody had hit me with a bus.

Those were seriously dark days but it gets easier. I almost sleep like a regular person now.

thanks, haven't got a twiddlemuff but im browsing the internet to try and distract myself and I'm out again later so will hopefully have a laugh then

Knit yourself a twiddlemuff. That'll keep your hands occupied too! Or get yourself one for future stuff. Nice to play with while playing mindless games or whatever on the computer. Have a nice night tonight and be good to yourself!
Original post by MJlover
I put headphones on and that helps when i am out and about. thanks for the message.

I am on medication too.

Ok that's good. It might be an idea for you to talk to your psychiatrist and see if you need a medication adjustment, that can sometimes really make a difference.

If you feel like people can hear what you can have you got anyone you can "reality check" with? Just like a friend or family member who you trust who can tell you truthfully whether other people can hear or are judging you.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Share your concerns with your doctor or somebody you trust. Don't sit in panic over it, bpd criteria does mirror a standard personality taken to the extreme but if you're concerned then talk to somebody.

Also *glomps*

Oh it's going to absolutely kill me. I'm completely unfit and it might actually be the last thing I do but it's worth it for the pupils. They're brilliant and hopefully they'll keep me going! Just been to stock up on food. Having to eat an insane amount is going to be the hardest part.

*dragons the flapjacks* they taste amazing and apparently they're shockingly healthy for walking purposes.

Also much easier than trying to put peanut butter in a tube to fire into my mouth while carrying a massive backpack.

Mirtazapine was brilliant for my hayfever and made my food sensitivities chill their boots too.

Cut down slowly on the sleep thing. I think my body went into some sort of panicky shock when I came off it. I ended up sleeping for several days and only woke up to eat more peanut butter because I felt like somebody had hit me with a bus.

Those were seriously dark days but it gets easier. I almost sleep like a regular person now.

Knit yourself a twiddlemuff. That'll keep your hands occupied too! Or get yourself one for future stuff. Nice to play with while playing mindless games or whatever on the computer. Have a nice night tonight and be good to yourself!

I wish I could knit but I'm a fiddle fingers with anything practical! And thanks, I will try to! Know tomorrow is going to be difficult though.
Ok that's good. It might be an idea for you to talk to your psychiatrist and see if you need a medication adjustment, that can sometimes really make a difference.

If you feel like people can hear what you can have you got anyone you can "reality check" with? Just like a friend or family member who you trust who can tell you truthfully whether other people can hear or are judging you.

I have asked people before and they all said that they couldn't hear my thoughts, but i feel like everyone is as part of the conspiracy.

I actually thought I'd grown out of hayfever as I haven't had it in so long - been on the mirtazapine over 5 years! I know this isn't really the place to ask but have you found anything that works well for it? I'm trying OTC stuff and can't really be arsed to go to a doctor.

That does not sound good :console: I was sleeping 16 + hours so 11 is a bit of a cutdown I just feel like it's not good enough, but thanks for the advice I'll try to do things slower. :smile:

Super glad to hear your sleep is almost back to normal, that's hopefully the plan for me. :five:
Original post by MJlover
I have asked people before and they all said that they couldn't hear my thoughts, but i feel like everyone is as part of the conspiracy.

They said that because they can't, although I get that it seems like they can. I sometimes have similar thoughts but I found someone I trust who I can ask - though I understand that it can be difficult to find that person. This is something you definitely need to bring up with your psychiatrist, who, just to preempt you, isn't part of a conspiracy. Sometimes I find it difficult to verbalize these kind of thoughts with my doctor so if you suffer the same problem with that you could try writing it down and hand that over? I dunno if that's helpful, sorry if not. :colondollar:
They said that because they can't, although I get that it seems like they can. I sometimes have similar thoughts but I found someone I trust who I can ask - though I understand that it can be difficult to find that person. This is something you definitely need to bring up with your psychiatrist, who, just to preempt you, isn't part of a conspiracy. Sometimes I find it difficult to verbalize these kind of thoughts with my doctor so if you suffer the same problem with that you could try writing it down and hand that over? I dunno if that's helpful, sorry if not. :colondollar:

thanks for the help, i will ask my doctor then, about this issue.
Original post by MJlover
thanks for the help, i will ask my doctor then, about this issue.

Sounds like the best course of action. :smile:

Btw if you ever need to talk to someone who's had similar thoughts feel free to quote me or pm me on here and even if I can't help I will listen if that's what you need. Good luck with the doctor. :hugs:
think im going to stay away, bye gyuys
I actually thought I'd grown out of hayfever as I haven't had it in so long - been on the mirtazapine over 5 years! I know this isn't really the place to ask but have you found anything that works well for it? I'm trying OTC stuff and can't really be arsed to go to a doctor.

That does not sound good :console: I was sleeping 16 + hours so 11 is a bit of a cutdown I just feel like it's not good enough, but thanks for the advice I'll try to do things slower. :smile:

Super glad to hear your sleep is almost back to normal, that's hopefully the plan for me. :five:

I literally just put up with it. There's times when my eyes are streaming and I can barely see. I'm going to have to figure something out for when I start driving because it literally comes out of nowhere :/

11 is brilliant from 16! Hold on to the achievement rather than pushing yourself too hard. It's brilliant when you start getting into a normal person routine. I suddenly became productive again. I do miss mirt but I don't miss the sleeping and the eating. I doubt it'd work for me now that I teach.
I wish I could knit but I'm a fiddle fingers with anything practical! And thanks, I will try to! Know tomorrow is going to be difficult though.

I tried to crochet again last week and almost lost an eye. Finger things are hard.

*super hugs for tomorrrow*
I tried to crochet again last week and almost lost an eye. Finger things are hard.

*super hugs for tomorrrow*

thanks, nothing bad specificially happening, just I'm going to be sat on my own in my uni room all day unless I can pull myself together enough to do dissertation work
thanks, nothing bad specificially happening, just I'm going to be sat on my own in my uni room all day unless I can pull myself together enough to do dissertation work

They're the worst sort of days. That's what today was for me. Any chance to sit and pickle in my own thoughts just doesn't help at all. Have you tried the pomodoro technique? I work in little bursts (mine are 20 mins) and at the end I get a 10 min rest break. And then after three or four of those cycles I get an episode of something. Makes things less painful and a lot less daunting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're the worst sort of days. That's what today was for me. Any chance to sit and pickle in my own thoughts just doesn't help at all. Have you tried the pomodoro technique? I work in little bursts (mine are 20 mins) and at the end I get a 10 min rest break. And then after three or four of those cycles I get an episode of something. Makes things less painful and a lot less daunting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah I haven't, unfortunatley I doubt in my current state I will be able to concentrate for even 20 mins on uni work
Original post by Pathway
think im going to stay away, bye gyuys

:jumphug: is that a good idea? :s-smilie: up to you, don't feel like you have to though or that you've done something if that's why, but if you think it would help then obviously that's good. Please try stay safe though, can always PM me if you need to (now included!) :hugs: Also sorry if I upset uou or made it worse or something the other night, I didn't mean to at all :frown:

Edit: Also Saber, citirizene (probably spelt that wrong!) works far better for me than most antihistamines, mostly for other allergies but for hayfever as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest