The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by quentinhamilton
The only flaw in that comment is the fact that the Israeli soldiers

He didn't say Israeli soldiers, he said Jews.

Maybe if you stop enabling yourself to be indoctrinated by ridiculous Zionist propaganda you'd use your initiatives more

"Use my initiatives"? :lol: I don't think that means what you think it means.

As to "ridiculous Zionist propaganda", Zionism means that you believe that the State of Israel has a right to exist. Nothing wrong with Zionism.

Maybe if you weren't so brainwashed by psuedo-pro-Palestinian agitprop (pseudo because the people calling on the Palestinians to fight are happy to sit comfortably in their Western armchairs, while the dream of a Palestinian state gets further and further away) then you would realise how far you've crossed the line into blatant anti-semitism,
Original post by SotonianOne
Me and my friends stopped paying student union charges because they set up an anti-israel debate. Funny though, because they had to close 3 programs xxx

There's charges for being joined to the student union? Does this apply to all societies?
Original post by small_circles
There is huge difference between being anti-zionist and being anti-semitic.

How would you define Zionism?
The only flaw in that comment is the fact that the Israeli soldiers don't technically 'abuse' children, they kill children

Do Israelis soldiers just kill Palestinian children for no reason, for fun? Or is there a bit more context to the unfortunate deaths of Palestinian children during IDF operations?
Original post by Protégé
I have no sympathy for Hamas or Israel, they are both scum in my eyes. I wouldn't mind seeing both of the governments destroy each other.

I wasn't aware that Israeli soldiers killed gays.

Well it is humane for one to side Palestine. We are all aware that Israel are practically trying to overtake a land which never was labelled 'Israel' also the vast casualties in Palestine requires us to be more sympathetic towards the innocent.
Lets forget the government's corruption and lets focus more on humanity
Reply 6885
The only flaw in that comment is the fact that the Israeli soldiers don't technically 'abuse' children, they kill children- children being their target. Maybe if you stop enabling yourself to be indoctrinated by ridiculous Zionist propaganda you'd use your initiatives more

Apart from they do not 'target' children. Hamas do use children as human shields for ammo stores though.
Original post by ExcitedPup
How would you define Zionism?

A political movement set up by secular irreligious Jews with a view in mind to set up a Jewish state going against traditional jewish teachings and with a huge indifferent attitude towards anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We are all aware that Israel are practically trying to overtake a land

So why did the Israelis pull out of Gaza in 2005?

which never was labelled 'Israel'

Leaving aside this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Israel_%28Samaria%29), nor was Palestine ever a state called Palestine pre-48. Both facts are pretty irrelevant. What matters is the right to self-determination of the people who live there.

In 1948, the UN partitioned it into two-states; one state was made up of the areas which were majority Jewish. The other of the area which was majority Palestinian/Muslim. Instead of accepting what seems like a pretty sensible split, the Arabs rejected the partition and attempted to take 100% of the land by force.
Well it is humane for one to side Palestine. We are all aware that Israel are practically trying to overtake a land which never was labelled 'Israel' also the vast casualties in Palestine requires us to be more sympathetic towards the innocent.
Lets forget the government's corruption and lets focus more on humanity

Eh, if the people elected Hamas knowing full well of their methods then I have no sympathy for them at all. Also, if Hamas weren't incompetent the Israeli casualty rate would be pretty high.
(edited 8 years ago)

As to "ridiculous Zionist propaganda", Zionism means that you believe that the State of Israel has a right to exist. Nothing wrong with Zionism.

Maybe if you weren't so brainwashed by psuedo-pro-Palestinian agitprop (pseudo because the people calling on the Palestinians to fight are happy to sit comfortably in their Western armchairs, while the dream of a Palestinian state gets further and further away) then you would realise how far you've crossed the line into blatant anti-semitism,

There is nothing wrong with 'Jewish nationalism' yet when there's a deliberate force to completely take-over an indigenous land then distinctly that's ridiculous.
oh yeah cos being anti israeli is obv anti-semitism

zionist israelis are repulsive, murderous pieces of ****
Original post by small_circles
A political movement set up by secular irreligious Jews with a view in mind to set up a Jewish state

Right. That doesn't seem to be an ignoble goal.

going against traditional jewish teachings

Actually, it doesn't. There are a very broad and diverse range of traditional Jewish religious views, including many who were in favour of Zionism.

In any case, why does the fact that some religious people opposed it have any impact on the justifiability of the policy? Unless you would equally claim that gay marriage should not be permitted on the basis that religious people oppose it

with a huge indifferent attitude towards anyone who doesn't agree with them.

You were doing so well, and you had to go and confirm your prejudice on this subject. Being inherently prejudiced on this is not going to contribute to the likelihood of peace, it simply makes each side more and more stubborn in their views.
There is nothing wrong with 'Jewish nationalism'

Excellent. I'm glad you agree that there is nothing inherently objectionable about Zionism.

yet when there's a deliberate force to completely take-over an indigenous land then distinctly that's ridiculous.

Indigenous? Where do you think the word Jerusalem comes from? Is it an Arabic word?
Do Israelis soldiers just kill Palestinian children for no reason, for fun? Or is there a bit more context to the unfortunate deaths of Palestinian children during IDF operations?
The soldiers killing the children equates to no future in Palestine therefore, the Israeli soldiers certainly do not kill the Palestinian children for 'no reason'
Misleading title putting "Anti semitism" and "Pro-Palestinian" together. You just asked what zionism someone what zionism is. You are clearly lack any knowledge to comment on such an issue if you do not even know the political ideology Israel is based upon lol.
Original post by golden tribe
God forbid anyone speaking out of ethnic cleansing of people from their lands. Maybe in 60 years time palestinians will be able to use tge victIm card and take over another nation

What ethnic cleansing? The population of Palestine has grown enormously over the past 60 years. The Arab population of Israel is growing faster than the Jewish population, is it not?
Original post by Protégé
Eh, if the people elected Hamas knowing full well of their methods then I have no sympathy for them at all. Also, if Hamas weren't incompetent the Israeli casualty rate would be pretty high.

It has nothing to do with competence. Israeli casualties were much higher in earlier conflicts.

The reason they have managed to get them down is because they perfected the Iron Dome defence system, and a system of air raid warnings and shelters.

Having said that, the rockets are still very damaging in the sense that continuous bombardment brings Israeli society to complete standstill, it is traumatic for children, people cannot live their lives. And of course, there were significant Israeli casualties in 2014 when they sent their soldiers into the strip to root out some of the terrorists and rocket factories
Original post by TheTruthTeller
You just asked what zionism someone what zionism is. You are clearly.

And you clearly lack anything resembling basic reading comprehension.

I asked him to define it. Are you able to define it? I doubt it
The soldiers killing the children equates to no future in Palestine

Do you have any evidence for this conspiracy theory that Israel is trying to kill off the future generation?

They seem to be doing a pretty poor job of it given only about 12,000 Palestinians have died from Israeli action in the last 60 years, and in the same time their population has increased by something like 2.5 million

I'd also be most gratified if you could explain, if Israel wants to take over more Palestine in its entirety, why it pulled out of the Gaza Strip in 2005? Or didn't you know about that?
It has nothing to do with competence. Israeli casualties were much higher in earlier conflicts.

The reason they have managed to get them down is because they perfected the Iron Dome defence system, and a system of air raid warnings and shelters.

Having said that, the rockets are still very damaging in the sense that continuous bombardment brings Israeli society to complete standstill, it is traumatic for children, people cannot live their lives. And of course, there were significant Israeli casualties in 2014 when they sent their soldiers into the strip to root out some of the terrorists and rocket factories

Aren't you just reinforcing my argument though? If Hamas were better at permeating the Israeli defence it would lead to more Israeli casualties, correct?