The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
I *think* you are contracted to go (and likewise they are contracted to accept you) if you firm AND hit the the offer. But I'm sure you could ask to released if MIT/Stanford tried to poach you :wink:

That's really harsh! But makes sense
MIT would literally be the most amazing place ever,sigh, getting into top american unis is just too much! Anyway, there would be the small matter of getting an offer from Cambridge first :rolleyes:
Original post by enaayrah
Haha

And no, I'll still be applying, just in case everything turns into a wreck :tongue:

Fair enough :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
I mean clearly I have no idea what b is

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it gets really annoying, you have a range of words to choose to define 'b' :colonhash:
Original post by nurav11
Yeh that's what I thought! No idea what OCR were thinking when they came up with that :frown:. Do you know what the A grade is roughly for CER? Is it around 75 or even higher :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The A grade for F322 is generally quite high. Highest its been is Jan 2012 when is was 83. Otherwise it's normally around 76-79.
100 for 100ums in F322 is outrageous :angry:. So many places to drop a mark.
My subjects:

Chemistry
Psychology
PE
Media Studies

Course: Psychology and Behavioural Sciences
Original post by thechemistress
The A grade for F322 is generally quite high. Highest its been is Jan 2012 when is was 83. Otherwise it's normally around 76-79.

83 wow... I guess CER is one where we can't afford to drop many marks at all. It's just so easy to make silly mistakes though (I'm not very good at Chem though so might just be me there :tongue:).
Original post by Messier31
100 for 100ums in F322 is outrageous :angry:. So many places to drop a mark.

Exactly! But only 3 people in the whole country achieved that so I guess UMS probably didn't fall as steeply in the marks below that?
Original post by nurav11
83 wow... I guess CER is one where we can't afford to drop many marks at all. It's just so easy to make silly mistakes though (I'm not very good at Chem though so might just be me there :tongue:).

No, same here :angry: I drop so many stupid marks in chemistry, it's unreal :lol:
I am literally SO new to all this (haven't really got a clue how to work things) but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether these gcse grades would be acceptable for Cambridge:

7a*'s
4a's
1 b

I am really hoping to study English literature (providing everything is ok on 13th August!) THANK YOU!
Original post by thechemistress
No, same here :angry: I drop so many stupid marks in chemistry, it's unreal :lol:

Haha exactly, well then I guess we just got to keep doing these papers to stop that... Idk what else to do :lol:, wish I could be a better proof checker or something.

Original post by newtothis00
I am literally SO new to all this (haven't really got a clue how to work things) but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether these gcse grades would be acceptable for Cambridge:

7a*'s
4a's
1 b

I am really hoping to study English literature (providing everything is ok on 13th August!) THANK YOU!

Hey welcome! Loving the name aswell lol. Your grades are great and definitely good enough for Cambridge, just focus on getting that UMS this year, that's the most important thing.
Original post by LadyRear
My subjects:

Chemistry
Psychology
PE
Media Studies

Course: Psychology and Behavioural Sciences

Finally someone with the same course as me 😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9252
Original post by Zer0.
Hey! I'm unsure of their name, though I'll try my best to find it. I honestly agree; it's much more the university as opposed to the degree.

Awesome thank you :smile:
Well lets hope us TSR lot are all succesfull ey ;D
Original post by nurav11
Exactly! But only 3 people in the whole country achieved that so I guess UMS probably didn't fall as steeply in the marks below that?

How do you find out how many people achieved 100ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been a while since I've been on this thread... but my A-Levels are: Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Chemistry and a Mathematical-Economics based Extended Project. Going for 93+% average across all four but one exam can bugger it up...

Applying for Maths and Econ at LSE and Econ at Cambridge (but I would actually prefer to go to LSE).

Does anyone else want to go to another Uni over Cambridge?
Original post by Ecconomist
Been a while since I've been on this thread... but my A-Levels are: Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Chemistry and a Mathematical-Economics based Extended Project. Going for 93+% average across all four but one exam can bugger it up...

Applying for Maths and Econ at LSE and Econ at Cambridge (but I would actually prefer to go to LSE).

Posted from TSR Mobile

LSE is the best for econ so I don't blame you.
Reply 9256
Original post by Ecconomist

I'm leaning towards LSE over Cambridge for Econ too, but I would have a nightmare deciding if by some miracle I got accepted to both.
Original post by chloe-jessica
I'm leaning towards LSE over Cambridge for Econ too, but I would have a nightmare deciding if by some miracle I got accepted to both.

What is it for you that makes lean towards LSE? Because Cambs is generally regarded as the top uni for Econ in the UK... but for me I just likeD the sheer competitiveness and hard work ethic of LSE econ students.

Ofc, when it comes to careers, Cambridge may be has an edge on the global scale but both degrees would surely put you in a good position.
Original post by physicsmaths
How do you find out how many people achieved 100ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's on this Freedom of Information request which was linked earlier by thechemistress.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/212796/response/529948/attach/2/Full%20UMS%20Biology%20A%20Chemistry%20G%20A%20Bodero%20June%202014.xls
Original post by ghlgb
Awesome thank you :smile:
Well lets hope us TSR lot are all succesfull ey ;D

Hopefully, what course are you aiming to apply for; what A Level's are you studying?

Latest

Trending

Trending