The Student Room Group

I really need some help - Uni choices!!

Hey there, so basically I started studying at Swansea Uni in March. I love my course, it is really what I want to do but I just didn't feel settled in Swansea, I didn't really like the city, the beaches are beautiful and the uni is good but I just felt so spread out and the bus services aren't very good either. I was in the student village too which is over 30 minute walk to uni and an hour walk from town. I found all the nice places like Three Cliffs to just be too far away. Because I started in March I found it difficult to find friends other than my flat (most were international students who were leaving come June) and course (most are more mature students) and I just felt quite lonely sometimes and I didn't feel welcome with the other students and by then everyone was sitting there exams and leaving while I stayed till the end of July.
I have now taken a 12 month suspension which means I will no longer be in uni and will return in a year. In this year I will need to find a job obviously. However, I want to apply to Universities else where for September 2016.
Can anyone suggest Universities that would be more suited to me based on what I've said? Also has anyone else done this or experienced a similar situation and if so, what did you do??
I'm studying Nursing.
Thanks so much in advanced!!
Try looking for campus based universities then? I don't know them all off the top of my head, but if you still want to do nursing google "campus based universities nursing" and voila!
Original post by warb
Hey there, so basically I started studying at Swansea Uni in March. I love my course, it is really what I want to do but I just didn't feel settled in Swansea, I didn't really like the city, the beaches are beautiful and the uni is good but I just felt so spread out and the bus services aren't very good either. I was in the student village too which is over 30 minute walk to uni and an hour walk from town. I found all the nice places like Three Cliffs to just be too far away. Because I started in March I found it difficult to find friends other than my flat (most were international students who were leaving come June) and course (most are more mature students) and I just felt quite lonely sometimes and I didn't feel welcome with the other students and by then everyone was sitting there exams and leaving while I stayed till the end of July.
I have now taken a 12 month suspension which means I will no longer be in uni and will return in a year. In this year I will need to find a job obviously. However, I want to apply to Universities else where for September 2016.
Can anyone suggest Universities that would be more suited to me based on what I've said? Also has anyone else done this or experienced a similar situation and if so, what did you do??
I'm studying Nursing.
Thanks so much in advanced!!

I'd look at Nottingham (it has TONNES of nursing students), UClan, York, Keele and Oxford Brookes. They are all campus unis with nursing programs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
^ Uclan's a good campus uni if you like your accomodation and all your shops being quite nearby and the buses here are pretty good
Reply 4
Original post by Princepieman
I'd look at Nottingham (it has TONNES of nursing students), UClan, York, Keele and Oxford Brookes. They are all campus unis with nursing programs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much for your help, I'm just worried about going someone else and not liking it so it's great to get another person's opinion!!
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
^ Uclan's a good campus uni if you like your accomodation and all your shops being quite nearby and the buses here are pretty good

Thanks for the suggestion! I hope I haven't made the wrong decision taking a year out, I really need to find a job now :')
Reply 6
Original post by magnitudezero
Try looking for campus based universities then? I don't know them all off the top of my head, but if you still want to do nursing google "campus based universities nursing" and voila!

That's what I've been looking through, I just need to make sure I like the area because I love the course already :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending