The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8500
Original post by The-Illusionist
Congrats! What was your second division preference?

Do you know anyone that has heard back for either Markets or IBD?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My second choice was Global Banking & Markets Credit Risk Management but noone else I know has heard back yet.
Why is this insight only 3 days long rather than the 5 ?
Original post by Aspiring Genius
Why is this insight only 3 days long rather than the 5 ?

2 days in the spring one was for a careers fair session with further networking and an assessment centre. that might be cut out for the summer insight.
Original post by gr8wizard10
2 days in the spring one was for a careers fair session with further networking and an assessment centre. that might be cut out for the summer insight.

is this baml or ms?
Original post by welcometoib
is this baml or ms?

baml
Does that mean we won't get the chance to be fast tracked on the summer internship next year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does that mean we won't get the chance to be fast tracked on the summer internship next year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

probably those who performed well will be contacted to fast track at a later stage. don't quote me on that.
Original post by gr8wizard10
probably those who performed well will be contacted to fast track at a later stage. don't quote me on that.

Well if there is no assesment on the last day, what will we be assesed on ?
Well if there is no assesment on the last day, what will we be assesed on ?

performance throughout the week in teh various activities, idk.. i'm just speculating here
Hmm maybe so, we'll have to wait and see!
Original post by Conan
I spent a bit of time in structured finance at RBS and I decided that I quite like the analysis side of things. What did you go for?

ibd
Reply 8511
Will studying abroad for my second year hinder my chances of getting summer internship interviews? Will the banks pay for my flights?
Original post by Atty
Will studying abroad for my second year hinder my chances of getting summer internship interviews? Will the banks pay for my flights?

second year of three or four? i think if you reach final round/ac, they fly you over if your chosen office is in a different country, otherwise tele int
Original post by Atty

Probably do telephone interviews and then pay your flight for the AC if you are successful and there is one. I doubt they will pay you a plane for a first round interview. Chances are as good as anyone else.
Original post by gsbs2
Probably do telephone interviews and then pay your flight for the AC if you are successful and there is one. I doubt they will pay you a plane for a first round interview. Chances are as good as anyone else.

This makes me so relieved! I'm probably studying abroad in my 3rd year of a 4 year integrated Masters program.

If I were in say, Canada or Hong Kong - could I apply for the offices there or is it just Europe that's available?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
This makes me so relieved! I'm probably studying abroad in my 3rd year of a 4 year integrated Masters program.

If I were in say, Canada or Hong Kong - could I apply for the offices there or is it just Europe that's available?

Posted from TSR Mobile

considered much harder to get into because a grasp of the language is usually really beneficial so you need someone to vouch for you a bit. but yes defo open to apply to!
Does MS only have numerical test?
Original post by lizzygrant
Does MS only have numerical test?

all have numericals apart from gs, jpm and bnpp i believe
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. For MS summer insight is there only numerical but no other tests? (Verbal, etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizzygrant
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. For MS summer insight is there only numerical but no other tests? (Verbal, etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

summer insight? i assume you're referring to spring in which case thats correct yes

Latest

Trending

Trending