Peasantwentz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone else sit the written paper for Aqa drama this morning? If so which sections did you do? I did section A & C, question 10 was a pain
benjo456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did it. Absolutely hated it. I did section C questions 11 and 12 and they were the worst questions I have ever seen. Also, I found it annoying that questions 02 and 03 were practically the same. Overall, terrible paper and I hope the grade boundaries are very low.
Peasantwentz
Rep:
?
(Original post by benjo456)
I did it. Absolutely hated it. I did section C questions 11 and 12 and they were the worst questions I have ever seen. Also, I found it annoying that questions 02 and 03 were practically the same. Overall, terrible paper and I hope the grade boundaries are very low.
They should be really annoyed me that paper! I'm a A/B grade theory student and I probably got an D on that paper. Furious.
Morgan_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aware this is a late reply, but have been looking for a thread to take out my AQA anger on I did section A and B, I thought they were quite good and I'm glad the questions were the same as they are every year. I don't think anyone did section C in my school (even though we get taught all 3), but I've heard it was really nasty :/ I think grade boundaries may be lower than normal- but they can't be much higher as usually about 93.3% overall is an A* 😬 What did you all do for your practicals?
Peasantwentz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Morgan_)
Aware this is a late reply, but have been looking for a thread to take out my AQA anger on I did section A and B, I thought they were quite good and I'm glad the questions were the same as they are every year. I don't think anyone did section C in my school (even though we get taught all 3), but I've heard it was really nasty :/ I think grade boundaries may be lower than normal- but they can't be much higher as usually about 93.3% overall is an A* 😬 What did you all do for your practicals?
Section c was a nightmare!!! And I did a devised piece from girl interrupted
Morgan_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Peasantwentz)
Section c was a nightmare!!! And I did a devised piece from girl interrupted
I think a lot of teachers found the wording of section C an issue and most people struggled with it so there should be lower grade boundaries! How many pieces did you do? We did 3- a devised (out group did about evacuees in ww2), a scripted (blue remembered hills) and a second of the one we did worse in- so I did another devised but about the London bombings
username1356366
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you talking about GCSE AQA drama?

If so, the paper turned out to be a lot better than any of my practice papers in my mock I got 10 / 40 for section B, obviously I did 01,02,03,04 but then I did 07 and 08 - as I did technical theatre as one of my coursework pieces I thought it would be easier to write about. No way.

No one at my school does section C, and yeah, I think it's 74 / 80 for A*, along with A* coursework.

Mo
Peasantwentz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Morganblue68)

If so, the paper turned out to be a lot better than any of my practice papers in my mock I got 10 / 40 for section B, obviously I did 01,02,03,04 but then I did 07 and 08 - as I did technical theatre as one of my coursework pieces I thought it would be easier to write about. No way.

No one at my school does section C, and yeah, I think it's 74 / 80 for A*, along with A* coursework.

Mo
I did Blue remembered hills, a theatre in education piece about sexting and the dangers and girl interrupted! And section C was awful!! They best have an appeal...
username1356366
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did Blue remembered hills, a theatre in education piece about sexting and the dangers and girl interrupted! And section C was awful!! They best have an appeal...
I wrote about a devised physical theatre piece for section A, then I did section B and wrote about Top Girls.

So a girl interrupted your exam? That's really unfortunate :/

Mo
Peasantwentz
Rep:
?
I wrote about a devised physical theatre piece for section A, then I did section B and wrote about Top Girls.

So a girl interrupted your exam? That's really unfortunate :/

Mo
We changed it a lot!!! Got an A*/ A on it
username1356366
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We changed it a lot!!! Got an A*/ A on it
Well done I got 119/120 for my coursework - I lost one mark because my shoulder pad fell out. I didn't make a fuss or anything about it, but apparently that was out of character.
My first coursework piece was actually a D - I was the only person in the class to fail that one. Luckily you only submit your best two my group were all really pushy as they wanted the most lines etc, but I didn't want to get into the arguments and things. Oh well, I got the A* for my best two courseworks in the end

Mo
Morgan_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Mo
It's usually about 186/200 for A* so you could get an A in written if you got an A* in practical and vice versa- I think I got about 117/120 in practical so I can get about 70/80 to still get marks into an A* (aka not have the 186 borderline thing😂).
_patronuscharm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone studying Coram Boy or TSOTM? Do you genuinely think Brighella will come up? Has anyone got any good notes on him/her?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads