The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cmfunk
It was AAA
And yes I got the email first and then track changed.

Many congratulations
Do u mind me asking what your interview score was ? Thank in advance
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lucky111
Just wonder those who got offers the last 2 days, what interview scores have you got? Thanks in advance

I got 44 and the threshold was 45
I firmed Nottingham in UCAS about half an hour ago and when I'm trying to apply for accommodation the site says:
You are not permitted to login because:

Our records indicate we are not your FIRM choice from UCAS.Do you guys have the same problem? Should it work after they have updated their records or should I call them?
It takes a bit of time
Original post by avocado.nigiri
I got 44 and the threshold was 45

Where did you find your interview score?
How strange! Congrats on the offers guys
Hope to see you guys in September!
First year goes by so fast! We've just finished our written exams :x
Original post by cmfunk
Where did you find your interview score?

They sent me an email "Feedback on interview at Nottingham" and listed each station, what I scored in them and the threshold score for offers :smile:
They sent me an email "Feedback on interview at Nottingham" and listed each station, what I scored in them and the threshold score for offers :smile:

Didn't get that ;/
I got 44 and the threshold
Posted from TSR Mobile
hang on what?

people are getting offers after being rejected????
how do you get interview feedback?

by the way, this is a complete shambles. I don't think people realise how serious it is that people have been officially rejected, and now nottingham are giving them offers. reflects VERY badly on the medical school.
Original post by hukdealz

by the way, this is a complete shambles. I don't think people realise how serious it is that people have been officially rejected, and now nottingham are giving them offers. reflects VERY badly on the medical school.

It's not a bad reflection on the medical school- clearly Notts must have some sort of waiting list and now that a significant number of people who originally had offers have declined them, they've reconsidered applications. Anyway, it's happened in previous years and I know that other medical schools have a similar policy. It's honestly not that serious :smile:

How is this bad. They keep a waiting list and as people reject their offer or put Nott as their insurance they give out more offers, most unis do this.
Original post by cmfunk
How is this bad. They keep a waiting list and as people reject their offer or put Nott as their insurance they give out more offers, most unis do this.

you're misunderstanding.
People got rejected straight up. They were officially rejected via UCAS and had a rejection email from the university itself. And then out of nowhere, they take back their rejections and start giving people offers? How is this right? What about the people who already had made plans for a gap year/firmed another university?

A waiting list is completely different to what Nottingham has done. They've lost all respect as an institution, from me at least.
Original post by CommonSense
It's not a bad reflection on the medical school- clearly Notts must have some sort of waiting list and now that a significant number of people who originally had offers have declined them, they've reconsidered applications. Anyway, it's happened in previous years and I know that other medical schools have a similar policy. It's honestly not that serious :smile:

please see my above comment
you're misunderstanding.
People got rejected straight up. They were officially rejected via UCAS and had a rejection email from the university itself. And then out of nowhere, they take back their rejections and start giving people offers? How is this right? What about the people who already had made plans for a gap year/firmed another university?

A waiting list is completely different to what Nottingham has done. They've lost all respect as an institution, from me at least.

Seems like you got rejected and firmed another uni.
you're misunderstanding.

I'm sorry, but I'm really struggling to see how this is a big issue :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how strict Nottingham is with all the conditions of offers? I'm in the IB and they require 666 HL but I may also get 775 or 765 chem and/or bio being 7 and HL math 5. how worried should I be?

I couldn't find the names of the books we need, are we getting they when we get the final grades and know for sure we're in? Do people typically buy the books before the school starts or from previous students?

I'm so excited I can't wait to get my final results and know for sure whether I'm in or not!
you're misunderstanding.

I understand what you're saying here and for anyone that got rejected and then went ahead to firm another med school, it's probably very frustrating if Nottingham was their first choice.

But what you've got to realise is that universities are essentially businesses that have budgets and need to make sure they don't make losses financially. If Notts have given out offers but have been rejected by applicants, Notts don't really have a choice other than giving out offers to the highest scoring rejected candidates; they need bums on seats on their course.

At the end of the day, the place you're applying to will always have the ball in their court, whether it be a university or a place of work. Feel free to send in an email to see what they've got to say about your concerns, otherwise your opinion is not going to be heard. But I can't really see any way around this.

As others have previously mentioned, this has happened in previous years (I know people in my year that got in this way) and it's happened at other med schools too.
Living at cotton milllss

Quick Reply