The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Friendliness of student body?

I love the University of Leeds, the only negative things I have heard is about the students themselves being cliquey.

I have heard rumours it's all Jack Wills wearing, bitchy, cliquey kids?

I'm working class but I don't mind posh kids. I possibly prefer them (I wouldn't go to university if I didn't). But I don't like elitist snobs or cliquey, pretentious people.

Is this an accurate perception?

I'm looking for a university with a friendly, community vibe? I know the big unis aren't going to be the best for that but is Leeds particularly bad?

Many thanks for your time :smile:
Reply 1
There's 1000s of students at Leeds, there will be someone you get along with.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by J_89
I love the University of Leeds, the only negative things I have heard is about the students themselves being cliquey.

I have heard rumours it's all Jack Wills wearing, bitchy, cliquey kids?

I'm working class but I don't mind posh kids. I possibly prefer them (I wouldn't go to university if I didn't). But I don't like elitist snobs or cliquey, pretentious people.

Is this an accurate perception?

I'm looking for a university with a friendly, community vibe? I know the big unis aren't going to be the best for that but is Leeds particularly bad?

Many thanks for your time :smile:

Hi, I'm hoping to go to the university of Leeds im September and I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! Regardless of where you go - you will meet different kinds of people and some you will like more than others - naturally!
Reply 3
Original post by Sehrish1
Hi, I'm hoping to go to the university of Leeds im September and I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! Regardless of where you go - you will meet different kinds of people and some you will like more than others - naturally!

Hi

Im going to University of Leeds in September to do Sociology and Social Policy. Im a mature student, well Im 50, the mature bit might be slightly optimistic, lol. Nurse, union steward, single parent, living on a council estate. So, I dont fit that picture. In the end, uni will be whatever you make of it.
Reply 4
Original post by FeePowell
Hi

Im going to University of Leeds in September to do Sociology and Social Policy. Im a mature student, well Im 50, the mature bit might be slightly optimistic, lol. Nurse, union steward, single parent, living on a council estate. So, I dont fit that picture. In the end, uni will be whatever you make of it.

Hi! I'm doing sociology too! :smile:
Reply 5
Hi! I'm doing sociology too! :smile:

Then we both know at least one person :smile:. Theres a Freshers group on facebook and quite a few people doing Sociology on there. I hope Im allowed to do this but this is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/328594567332952/

Look forward to meeting you
Reply 6
Oh thank you I will join it! See you in September!! :smile:
Reply 7
Oh thank you I will join it! See you in September!! :smile:

:smile:
Not like that, at all. Most of the students i met at Leeds were amazing and kind. Not cliquey at all.

Quick Reply

Latest