The Student Room Group

in2science Interviews

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neuth
Nuffield, yes :smile:

And I found my own placement :h:

I got a Nuffield offer, but was dependent on weather i could find myself a placement, found one at UCL but im probably gonna turn nuffield down to do In2science
Reply 41
Original post by Formless
What research field are you going into if you dont mind me asking :biggrin:

My placement is in the department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology. I haven't decided on a project title yet, although it'll probably be something relating to drug research targeting neurodegenerative disorders :yep:
Reply 42
I got a Nuffield offer, but was dependent on weather i could find myself a placement, found one at UCL but im probably gonna turn nuffield down to do In2science

Why? :lol:
Nuffield is so much better in comparison.
Original post by Neuth
Why? :lol:
Nuffield is so much better in comparison.

You are right, but it is 6weeks, and ALOT more demanding, i have other plans for summer that are enriching but nuffield is likely to take that time. You could argue quality over quantity but an internship, 2 week research placement and a week residential summer school would be beneficial to me rather than one reputable 6 week research placement.

Seeing as you applied to both like me, were you planning to do both or just keep options open?
Reply 44
You are right, but it is 6weeks, and ALOT more demanding, i have other plans for summer that are enriching but nuffield is likely to take that time. You could argue quality over quantity but an internship, 2 week research placement and a week residential summer school would be beneficial to me rather than one reputable 6 week research placement.

Seeing as you applied to both like me, were you planning to do both or just keep options open?

I've got a summer school the week before Nuffield, open days etc., lectures, taster days, then 5 weeks of Nuffield, and I'm finished by the 11th of August - still plenty of free time for me :yep:

If I get in to In2Science, and the placement would be after the 11th of August, I'd definitely still do it :smile:
Although I find it somewhat unlikely that I'll get in now, seeing as most people have heard back.
Reply 45

Yeahh that's why I didn't apply for Nuffield especially when I have a part time job
:frown:

Original post by Neuth
I've got a summer school the week before Nuffield, open days etc., lectures, taster days, then 5 weeks of Nuffield, and I'm finished by the 11th of August - still plenty of free time for me :yep:

If I get in to In2Science, and the placement would be after the 11th of August, I'd definitely still do it :smile:
Although I find it somewhat unlikely that I'll get in now, seeing as most people have heard back.

Wow that sounds like ALOT of work during the summer!! You probably won't he able to fit all of it in personal statement :ahee:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Neuth

Nuffield is really good though seeing as you found a placement somewhat independently in a related feild of preference is really good *claps hands* I wouldnt think that doing both would help that much, Anyways you good gurl your pretty much set, unlucky for some of those who got rejected and have nothing to fall back on. Its important to never put your eggs in one basket. Congrats though hope to maybe see you at UCL this summer aha :biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by acelle

Wow that sounds like ALOT of work during the summer!! You probably won't he able to fit all of it in personal statement :ahee:

I like having things to do :giggle:

I'll cross that river when I come to it :lol:
Nuffield is really good though seeing as you found a placement somewhat independently in a related feild of preference is really good *claps hands* I wouldnt think that doing both would help that much, Anyways you good gurl your pretty much set, unlucky for some of those who got rejected and have nothing to fall back on. Its important to never put your eggs in one basket. Congrats though hope to maybe see you at UCL this summer aha :biggrin:
Indeed - let me know if you end up going :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Neuth

Will do, Anyways is time to sit back a little and get back to revising. Got 3 exams after a week. Thanks acelle for making this thread you da real MVP. Good luck for exams and awaiting emails. Ill let you guys know if i receive an offer or not.

Peace
Go ahead, i hate when companies dont reply even if you got rejected, its nice to have closure than false hope. They might be still in the process of replying so its worth a shot. Good Luck!

Thank you! Emailed them, lets see what they say.
Reply 50
Original post by Neuth

The bit about the river sounds like it's from the cat in your picture :ahee:
Anybody heard back? I havent yet :/
Reply 52
Anybody heard back? I havent yet :/

Nope, nothing.
Original post by Neuth
Nope, nothing.

Nothing yet for me either.
Original post by AvocadosConstant
Nothing yet for me either.

Original post by Neuth
Nope, nothing.

Re-Reading the email, "You will be informed of the outcome by email or telephone within 7 working days" I guess only 5 working days have passed, at least for me, So i guess Tuesday is when i should expect a reply
Re-Reading the email, "You will be informed of the outcome by email or telephone within 7 working days" I guess only 5 working days have passed, at least for me, So i guess Tuesday is when i should expect a reply

Hehe I guess so. I just can't wait until Tuesday!!! Urgh I'm so nervous!
Hehe I guess so. I just can't wait until Tuesday!!! Urgh I'm so nervous!

ikr, i still have exams so this isn't good for me aha. im trying my hardest to suppress the anticipation, Lets just hope for the best.
ikr, i still have exams so this isn't good for me aha. im trying my hardest to suppress the anticipation, Lets just hope for the best.

So have I! 5 in fact :frown: And yet I can't stop thinking about this!
So have I! 5 in fact :frown: And yet I can't stop thinking about this!

Dont worry we got this, 80% Acceptance rate
Try not to stress, and good luck
Dont worry we got this, 80% Acceptance rate
Try not to stress, and good luck

Yeahh, and you!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest